US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 11:44 PM   #621
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:38 PM
Just a bit here on the sign wars. I live in a suburb of Nashville, about 20 minutes or so out. VERY conservative area, like all places 20 minutes outside a city in Tennessee.
Trump won in my county by 45 points!! In my neighborhood, its been interesting. No Trump signs. I think for the most part, people here try to be... polite about their political signage. So no signs at all up until about a few weeks ago.

Local race signs popped up a couple months ago. The mayoral race has a woman running that has been labeled a "progressive Democrat". One person in our neighborhood said that she won't vote for her because she doesn't know if she will bring a "changing demographic" to our town. Yeah.
Anyway, signs for her are everywhere and far outnumber the current mayor. Also, In my hood, I've now seen 5 Biden signs and a few signs that say - We believe in science - black lives matter - womens rights are human rights - LGBTQ pride, etc... So as good as a biden sign.

Interesting to see here, and i am wondering if maybe Biden only loses by like 30 this time around. LOL.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:59 PM   #622
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

TX has hit 4 million votes. Almost 44% of their 2016 total. Holy shit. Could this really happen??!?!??! (knocking on all the wood in my house)

Old 10-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 PM
Talk about the ultimate example of not knowing what a song means. Sickeningly ironically stupid.

Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, y'all
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yeah

The Hill.com

Musician John Fogerty lashed out at President Trump on Friday and said he is issuing a cease-and-desist order over the president's campaign using the famous Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Fortunate Son" at events.

"I object to the President using my song, 'Fortunate Son' in any way for his campaign. He is using my words and my voice to portray a message that I do not endorse," the rock icon shared in a statement on Twitter.

"Therefore, I am issuing a 'cease and desist' order. I wrote this song because, as a veteran, I was disgusted that some people were allowed to be excluded from serving our country because they had access to political and financial privilege. I also wrote about wealthy people not paying their fair share of taxes," he continued.

Fogerty added that "Mr. Trump is a prime example of both of these issues. The fact that Mr. Trump also fans the flames of hatred, racism and fear while rewriting recent history, is even more reason to be troubled by his use of my song."
Old 10-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #624
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Jesus fucking Christ. These people are seriously mentally ill.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealWayne...91077266124800
When you stumble upon this nonsense it's best to just report it to twitter and move on. Don't give it the oxygen they want. It's a desperate ploy by a campaign with nothing else left.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #625
Blue Crack Distributor

It's looking like the earliest a potential pfizer vaccine could begin rollout is in mid to late November.

Which makes me think that the administration knew all along that the earliest time line took it just past election day - and why they've done two things.

a) a desperate plea to get it moved up a few weeks

b) a hard push of the "they'll open everything up right after the election" narrative... to make a coincidental medical breakthrough appear as if it is some kind of deep state ploy to keep the base fired up after an inevitable defeat.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #626
Blue Crack Addict

Don’t forget... the president of the United States is totally responsible for the development of a vaccine because he told the capitalist companies to do something they would not have done without his or her instruction.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #627
Blue Crack Addict

LAS VEGAS (AP) — President Donald Trump sought Monday to buck up his campaign staffers two weeks from Election Day, dismissing the cautionary coronavirus advice of his scientific experts as well as polling showing him trailing Democratic rival Joe Biden across key battleground states.

Trump was facing intense pressure to turn around his campaign, hoping for the type of last-minute surge that revived his candidacy four years ago and plunging into an aggressive travel schedule despite the pandemic. But his lack of a consistent message, the surging virus cases and his attacks on experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci could undermine final efforts to appeal to voters outside of his most loyal base.

Speaking to campaign aides on a conference call, Trump said he believes he’s going to win, allowing that he didn’t have that same sense of confidence two weeks ago when he was hospitalized with COVID-19. One week since returning to the campaign trail, where his handling of the pandemic is a central issue to voters, Trump blasted his government’s own scientists for their criticism of his performance.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots,” Trump said of Fauci, declaring the government’s top infectious disease expert “a disaster.” But Fauci is both respected and popular, and Trump suggested firing the doctor would only create greater controversy. Trump’s rejection of scientific advice on the pandemic has already drawn bipartisan condemnation.

Fauci, in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday, said he was not surprised that Trump contracted the virus after he held large events with few face coverings. Fauci also objected to the president’s campaign using his words in a campaign ad.

“I was worried that he was going to get sick when I saw him in a completely precarious situation of crowded, no separation between people, and almost nobody wearing a mask,” Fauci said of the president.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots,” Trump said .
Oh we're tired, alright.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #629
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Lol. His closing message is to go to war with Fauci, who is probably twice as popular as he is.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #630
Blue Crack Distributor

lol

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/st...601870849?s=19
Old 10-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #631
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Lol. His closing message is to go to war with Fauci, who is probably twice as popular as he is.
https://twitter.com/DanRather/status...170284545?s=19
Old 10-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #632
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
To be more clear, a sociali... no Communist, corrupt criminal, pedophile, left-wing mob leader, creator of Antifa, Mr. Rogers.... *checks notes...* with dementia!!!!!
Old 10-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #633
Blue Crack Addict

This debate on Thursday is going to be like debate #1 but on steroids (literally).
Old 10-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #634
Blue Crack Supplier

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/s...-trump%2Fp1650
Old 10-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #635
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
And that's what pisses him off, because he's a narcissistic man-child. I haven't seen the interview, but apparently Dr. Fauci let it rip (in his usual careful way) about Trump on 60 Minutes.

We have a President who literally went doctor shopping for a guy who would support his false narrative about covid. A guy who is not even an epidemiologist. I just read that Dr. Birx tried to get Atlas off the task force.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #636
Blue Crack Distributor

2020 in a nutshell

the #1 trending topic on twitter is Fauci

the #2 trending topic on twitter is Zoom Dick
Old 10-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #637
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Biggest lead from any poll this cycle. Biden hanging at +10.7 average.
I think YouGov just posted their highest Biden poll as well - +11. Up one from last week and up two from a week and a half ago.

One wonders what the swing state poll averages might look like if Trafalgar didn't release a poll of them every few days...

Just saw someone say something interesting yesterday. It's now more likely, if there is a 5 point polling error, for Biden to be at +15 than at +5.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:32 PM   #638
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If anyone has a fascination with finding the stupidest tweets around. I think I’ve found your guy

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdam...94246599290881
Old 10-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #639
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This debate on Thursday is going to be like debate #1 but on steroids (literally).

and Trump is already trying to pull out.

https://twitter.com/BillStepien/stat...69143884435456
Old 10-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #640
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and Trump is already trying to pull out.

I wish his dad had pulled out.