US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:11 PM
I think Bernie, Amy and Obama need to get their asses to MI and stump for Peters.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Damn, Mayor Pete is becoming somewhat likable to me. Such a good answer here:

That's an excellent, to the point answer. This really is not that fucking hard to understand, people.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Becuase someone once convinced everyone that the Internet was an insecure way to vote.

That someone was probably a republican.
No, many people, including many computer experts, posit that Internet voting is insecure. And especially so when an election committee does not want to invest in any kind of security. For now, paper ballots is still the most secure way.

Still, those long lines remain remarkable to me. That there are apparently so few polling locations for so many people. I don't think I ever had to wait more than 10 minutes to cast my vote. I might've picked a quiet time (usually just before going to or after coming back from work). But it might also have to do that I have 2 polling locations within 200 meters of my house (and possibly another 30 in my city of 350,000 people).
Old 10-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
No, many people, including many computer experts, posit that Internet voting is insecure. And especially so when an election committee does not want to invest in any kind of security. For now, paper ballots is still the most secure way.

Still, those long lines remain remarkable to me. That there are apparently so few polling locations for so many people. I don't think I ever had to wait more than 10 minutes to cast my vote. I might've picked a quiet time (usually just before going to or after coming back from work). But it might also have to do that I have 2 polling locations within 200 meters of my house (and possibly another 30 in my city of 350,000 people).

Thank you for citing many people including computer experts, whoever those are. I happen to be pretty involved in a lot of security/signals type work and would fancy myself a computer expert, though.

Yes, there are tremendous hurdles with getting a voting system on the Internet right now. No, there would not have been an issue if we evolved a proper cyber security agency from the inception of the World Wide Web in the 90s. The infrastructure does not exist. What makes you think that we can transfer *the entire world wealth in banks and stocks* on the Internet safely and securely, but we can’t vote on the Internet?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
In many of those places, there were more, but between the pandemic shutting down some places where people might've normally voted* and the GOP actively trying to restrict the amount of polling places available, that explains these lines.

*That happened in my town. Normally my mom and I would go to a nearby church to vote, but thanks to the pandemic, they've become very restrictive in terms of how many people can be there and whatnot, so we've moved to going to the courthouse instead. Fortunately, like with the church, the courthouse is also right near where I live, and while there has been a pretty decent turnout of voters here the past week or so, when we went to vote last week, we weren't standing in any lines or anything. We were able to get in and out pretty efficiently. Even when voting took place at the church, I still don't ever recall having to stand in line for even a number of minutes, let alone an hour or more. And I can't recall any stories of others having to do that, either.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I think Bernie, Amy and Obama need to get their asses to MI and stump for Peters.
Absolutely, given the # of undecideds (for the Senate vote, not president) in MI.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #387
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:11 PM
You're welcome

https://twitter.com/DevonESawa/statu...76319160733698
Old 10-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Agree or disagree with her positions, but I don't think there's a better communicator in the party than AOC:

Old 10-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Agree or disagree with her positions, but I don't think there's a better communicator in the party than AOC:

I locate myself generally a bit to her right, but I totally agree with the above. Her skills are electrifying.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:18 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Damn. Tell 'em, AOC. She's absolutely right. That needs to be played on a loop somewhere or something.

She's one whose political career excites me-I look forward to seeing what else she'll do in the coming years.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

The one positive side effect of Trump is that the evangelicals have been thoroughly exposed for the hypocrites that they are.

While most of us knew this long before he showed up to run for President, there was still a general reluctance on the left or in the media to call them out - we had been conditioned for decades to allow them an undeserved deference and, at least in the public realm, operate on the assumption that agree with them or not, they are coming to the “right to life” and other questions in good faith.

Well that’s all gone out the window. These people deserve scorn and mockery instead of a seat at the table.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I especially appreciated AOC making a point of talking about how communities of faith have been weaponized. Indeed, there are plenty of religious people of all stripes who actually do live up to their teachings, who do not support any of the horrors that this administration has committed, who are very inclusive and welcoming. And unfortunately, their voices get drowned out in the conversation, because the right likes to think that every religious person thinks the way they do. And they don't.

On a similar level, it's the same thing with people here in middle America. The right likes to think that everyone in this part of the country is like them. No. I think they'd be shocked at how many people here would align much closer with those "scary New York values" that they deride. Unfortunately, like with the above, those voices get drowned out, too.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Also, I wasn’t going to say anything at first, but really I do believe that it needs to be said.

Everyone rushing out to glorify what Pete Buttigieg said about women and the right to choose - THAT EXACT SAME THING has been said just as eloquently if not more by literally dozens of women legislators (and beyond) hundreds of times. But now a dude steps up and we’re suddenly all like Eureka! It’s really, really tiresome.

And I don’t mean to take anything away from his take - he’s 100% correct, he expressed it as well as it could be expressed and he’s a breath of fresh air in today’s discourse. He’s not the problem, it’s the reaction that’s a bit eyerolling.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Agreed on that as well.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:49 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Bravo AOC, you understand what being Christian is truly supposed to mean. I have no idea what her faith is, but I am 100% aligned with her in what she said. Fantastic video. My Catholic Mom would have agreed with her too.

She is mocked for having been a bartender, by people who profess to follow the teachings of a carpenter. And I did come up with that myself, must be the ice cream

It's like all of those GOP Senators today whining about alleged religious discrimination against Amy Coney Barrett. All the while they want to take health care away from Americans in the midst of a pandemic. And no matter what she claims, she does too.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Also, I wasn’t going to say anything at first, but really I do believe that it needs to be said.

Everyone rushing out to glorify what Pete Buttigieg said about women and the right to choose - THAT EXACT SAME THING has been said just as eloquently if not more by literally dozens of women legislators (and beyond) hundreds of times. But now a dude steps up and we’re suddenly all like Eureka! It’s really, really tiresome.

And I don’t mean to take anything away from his take - he’s 100% correct, he expressed it as well as it could be expressed and he’s a breath of fresh air in today’s discourse. He’s not the problem, it’s the reaction that’s a bit eyerolling.
I'm glad you said it. I agree

2020, and a dude still has to validate
Old 10-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #397
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 01:11 PM
As a person of faith, if not a strictly religious man, I felt that AOC clip.

If you claim to be an "evangelical," a representation of Christ in the world of politics, you are making a mockery of your religion by doggedly supporting Donald Trump, a man who represents the absolute worst aspects of humanity. Greed, narcissism, a total lack of empathy. There is nothing Christ-like about compromising your morality to forward the agenda of a man-made political party.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Dr. Fauci is not happy about his words being taken out of context in that Trump ad. He also said Trump should be wearing a mask at his rally in FL that's happening right now.

No distancing, not many masks that I can see. But it's outside, and Orange Super Spreader told them not to be afraid of the virus and let it dominate them. I would like to know the percentage of Trump supporters who would be willing to die for him. Probably frighteningly high.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
No distancing, not many masks that I can see. But it's outside, and Orange Super Spreader told them not to be afraid of the virus and let it dominate them. I would like to know the percentage of Trump supporters who would be willing to die for him. Probably frighteningly high.
He said he wanted to kiss everyone, so there’s an image to make you regurgitate your dinner.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:33 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
He said he wanted to kiss everyone, so there’s an image to make you regurgitate your dinner.
I'm currently eating as I read this. Yeah .