US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, just saw this.
538 A rated NBC/WSJ national poll just dropped. Biden +11. This is Registered Voters. If they release a likely voter version, it will most likely be Biden +12.

Yes, yes, but that poll that has Susan Collins down by 7 truly made my day. :applaud:

Yes, yes, but that poll that has Susan Collins down by 7 truly made my day. :applaud:

I missed it! That feels so good. Love seeing McSally , Collins and Ernst struggle. :)

I think if those three plus Gardner go, I would just need a cake topper of Lindsey being sent packing.

I missed it! That feels so good. Love seeing McSally , Collins and Ernst struggle. :)

I think if those three plus Gardner go, I would just need a cake topper of Lindsey being sent packing.

Every time I see him whining about money during the confirmation hearings I send Jamie Harrison money.

Every time I see him whining about money during the confirmation hearings I send Jamie Harrison money.

Last night I was channel surfing and Lady G was on Fox. Mid sentence talking about something else entirely, he mentioned that he needed money and the web site to do it. It was bizarre and panicky. It's satisfying to see him so desperate.

What could he do for his next move, clown college?

And shit, I forgot about Tillis. Wow. So right now, the count for probable wins is 5! With Lady G a tossup and Mike Espy and Hagar outside chances of picking up another 2.

images

Unfortunately the latest NYT/Siena poll now has Graham up by six points.

A bummer on an otherwise good polling day.

I’m cool with it. Every other pole that has come out in the last week in South Carolina that doesn’t feature a large amount of undecided/other voters had a tight race. More than one with Harrison up. Definitely not getting my hopes up, but also love to at least watch Lindsey sweat.

Trump running at +8 in South Carolina makes that a really difficult, if not impossible seat to win.

If Trump manages to drop to more like 3-4 pts ahead, we can start getting tingly.

And shit, I forgot about Tillis. Wow. So right now, the count for probable wins is 5! With Lady G a tossup and Mike Espy and Hagar outside chances of picking up another 2.

The cool thing about Tillis is that his barely PG-13 sexting scandal has actually improved his polling with white guys.

Maybe we’re more French than we realize.

Trump running at +8 in South Carolina makes that a really difficult, if not impossible seat to win.

If Trump manages to drop to more like 3-4 pts ahead, we can start getting tingly.

I don’t know... I think there’s too often two main assumptions that people make:

1) black voters who are republican will vote along party lines (there are generally more black republicans in the south tied to religious lines) - I think this assumption is generally wrong, and they’d be more likely to vote for Harrison and Trump

2) Trump voters are all very loyal and will vote for what he needs in the senate - Doug Jones in Alabama proved this entirely wrong, the people aren’t as bad as we make them out to be.

She's baaaack!

(For those who don't know, she went viral a few years back with this:

Fucking retire already, Dianne Feinstein.

Frankly, that's probably a preview of what the next 4 years are going to look like.

I don’t know... I think there’s too often two main assumptions that people make:

1) black voters who are republican will vote along party lines (there are generally more black republicans in the south tied to religious lines) - I think this assumption is generally wrong, and they’d be more likely to vote for Harrison and Trump

2) Trump voters are all very loyal and will vote for what he needs in the senate - Doug Jones in Alabama proved this entirely wrong, the people aren’t as bad as we make them out to be.

I really, really hope you are right on this.

Here's the fucker begging some more.

https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1316522193711296513

The cool thing about Tillis is that his barely PG-13 sexting scandal has actually improved his polling with white guys.

Maybe we’re more French than we realize.

it's gone way past a "barely PG-13 sexting scandal". cunningham (tillis is the GOP incumbent) admitted to a sexual relationship with the woman he was texting, and has refused to answer point-blank questions about whether there were any other women. not trying to be pedantic and i don't give a shit about the man's personal life, but in the last week this story has escalated pretty far past your description.

that it's having basically no effect on his campaign at all is interesting though. i wonder if it's that voters truly don't care, or if democrats in NC are holding their noses to make sure the seat is won. it's not like NC voters don't have a history of voting for cheating scumbags.

Last edited:
I think people still care about character, but no longer care about the “morality” as defined by your biblical bullshit pedophile priests or whatever.

But also, Tillis is absolutely loathed in NC and it goes way beyond Trumpism.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/09/senator-thom-tillis-republican-north-carolina/

https://www.ncdp.org/press/new-poll-tillis-approval-ratings/

Key note from the last article... “lowest approval rating of any Republican Senator up for re-election.”

‘Others have moved his race to “Toss Up” because Tillis’ “personal favorability numbers are not good,” he has an “image problem” with voters, and he’s a self-serving Washington politician who stands for nothing and who “voters of all ideological stripes simply don’t trust.”’

This was in January.

2024 is starting, and every R will claim they were always against Trump. they know he's going to lose bigly.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse excoriated President Trump in a telephone conference call with constituents this week, saying he had mishandled the coronavirus response, "kisses dictators' butts," "sells out our allies," spends "like a drunken sailor," mistreats women, and trash-talks evangelicals behind their backs.

Trump has "flirted with white supremacists," according to Sasse, and his family "treated the presidency like a business opportunity." He said Trump could drive the Senate into the hand of the Democrats and cause permanent damage to the Republican Party.

Sasse, a possible GOP candidate for president in 2024, is up for reelection on Nov. 3 and is expected to cruise to victory.

In an audio clip of the call, obtained by the Washington Examiner, a female constituent asks Sasse to explain “your relationship with the president” and wonders, “Why do you have to criticize him so much?”

At first, Sasse focused on his points of agreement with Trump. But the senator soon began to unload, spending the majority of his nearly ten-minute answer assailing the president.

Sasse spokesman James Wegmann confirmed that his boss made the comments, saying the call occurred earlier this week.

“I don’t know how many more times we can shout this: Even though the Beltway is obsessing exclusively about the presidential race, control of the Senate is ten times more important,” he said in a statement to the Washington Examiner. "The fragile Senate seats that will determine whether Democrats nuke the Senate are the races Ben cares about, the races he’s working on, and the only races he’s talking about.”

In the call, Sasse said Trump refused to take COVID-19 seriously at the outset, treating it like a public relations crisis instead of a public health challenge.

Sasse began by criticizing the media. “In his partial defense here, I think that lots of the news media has pretended that COVID is literally the first public health crisis ever. And somehow, it's Donald Trump's fault. That's not true. They just wanted to use it against him," Sasse said.

And then he added: "But the reality is that he careened from curb to curb. First, he ignored COVID. And then he went into full economic shutdown mode. He was the one who said 10 to 14 days of shutdown would fix this. And that was always wrong. I mean, and so I don't think the way he's lead through COVID has been reasonable or responsible, or right.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ump-kisses-dictators-butts-mocks-evangelicals

Also. On the "this is why you just let Trump do his rallies" front:

In Iowa Trump went on about how he was nominated 3 times for a Nobel Peace Prize. And how he was in Iowa and was waiting to hear about it on the news. But all he heard about was Iowa's crops being lost and Iowa's flooding - WHAT ABOUT MY NOBEL PRIZE!?!?

yeah, i'm not joking.

Oy. I hope Iowans by and large took notice of that.

If the president's Twitter feed were the ramblings of an FYM poster, he'd have been banished to @U2 by now.

I'm honestly thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea, if we manage to kick Trump and his sycophants' out, for there to be new restrictions on what politicians are and aren't allowed to tweet about and do on social media. They can use social media to discuss any legislation and other policy issues that are being considered and send messages of support in times of state or national crises, or words of respect to notable figures who've passed, and that's it. If they use social media for sexting scandals, or to spread insane conspiracy theories, or attack and harass and bully people, or other crap of that sort, they should lose their social media privileges. If they want to act like children, we should treat them like children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom