US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned votes tell us nothing about the election. Seriously.

In other news, waiting for C-SPAN to start playing classical music any time now.

i'm really hoping he pulls through this. his people will literally turn him into the 21st century version of a catholic saint if he dies in office.

the sight of him losing the election in a humiliating fashion and then going fully bankrupt in (at most) four years along with a possible jail stint will go a very long way to stamping out trumpism.

i'm really hoping he pulls through this. his people will literally turn him into the 21st century version of a catholic saint if he dies in office.

the sight of him losing the election in a humiliating fashion and then going fully bankrupt in (at most) four years along with a possible jail stint will go a very long way to stamping out trumpism.

I hope he pulls through this.

After being put on a ventilator.

For all the people he’s caused death or despair, he has lost nothing.

Using betting markets isn't actually as dumb as it sounds - they employ some of the best statisticians around and they tend to want to adjust their odds to be as realistic as possible - while still making it enticing for people to bet the underdog. They're not dumb.

But the odds aren't showing what he thinks it does.

Florida is a toss up. Sure, Trump at -125 has a slight odds edge. But no better looks at -125 vs -100 with the idea that anyone's a clear favorite. If this were an NFL game that would be a pick em.

So if you toss Florida out and give every state to a candidate based on who is a clear favorite on the betting markets Biden comes out ahead 290 to 219 - rendering florida as inconsequential.

The real highlight of his insightful post was saying that arizona was going to flip red because he counted the single women aged 22 to 40 in arizona on a dating app and they had favorable numbers for conservatives.

That's a serious flex.View attachment 12618View attachment 12619View attachment 12620

Probably too late to get down on Mike Pence +10000

What he has had to endure?

Eric Trump
@EricTrump
@RealDonaldTrump
is a true warrior. He will fight through this with the same strength and conviction that he uses to fight for America each and every day. I ask you to join me in praying for his recovery. I have never been more proud of someone and what they have had to endure.

5:54 PM · Oct 2, 2020 from United States·Twitter for iPhone

They released a video of him saying thank you. Probably most sincere he’s ever sounded.

Walked slowly to the helicopter.

He has fever, fatigue, and a cough.

Cough would be most troubling as once it’s lodged in respiratory system, especially his age, covid can just wreck you.

Herman Cain seemed like he was doing ok after going to hospital and then poof, he was gone.

Those still “working” for the government better be prepared for other countries to try and take advantage

Trump's "enduring" this because of his own stupidity and arrogance, but okay, Eric, whatever you say.

And I'm sure the loved ones of the 200,000 plus people who've died from this virus would have a few things to say about this supposed "strength and conviction that he uses to fight for America every day", too.

Praying the hoax china virus will disappear from Dear Leader like a miracle.
Heh.
Imagine that. Masks work.
Who knew! :ohmy:
Woah!
I'm guessing he'll be tested daily for the next week or so.
Should be every day, and Dr Jill.
[tweet]1312082442065412097[/tweet]
Bwaahahahaaaa
They weren’t going to tell anyone about Hope’s illness but Bloomberg found out and released the story.
Kudus to them!
She's a national treasure.
Oh, yah.
They didn't notify any of the members on the press who were on Air Force One, nor any of the people at the debates, etc.

They are brazen criminals.

JUST IMAGINE if this was Biden and he didn't tell the Trumps. Benghazi on steroids.
Hideous, reckless endangerment territory behavior!

Too mild a metaphor...
it'd be more like Benghazi strapped to a rocketship!

Assuming they have Fox News on TV and he has cell phone connection, yes.
Heh.

CNN is reporting that he hasn't even been tweeting.

Not much transparency about his health.
I dunno, imho him not tweeting for this length of time seems like he feels pretty lousy.

Yes. Jail time. After some serious suffering for all the blood on his hands.

Trump's "enduring" this because of his own stupidity and arrogance, but okay, Eric, whatever you say.

And I'm sure the loved ones of the 200,000 plus people who've died from this virus would have a few things to say about this supposed "strength and conviction that he uses to fight for America every day", too.
Yeah, indeed.

I agree with this but knowing what justice he’s dodged for 50+ years, I’d settle for just the landslide loss. Then this mean little voice in the back of my head asks “why even take *that* chance?” and I start to consider the comorbidities again.

From Nate Silver.
And HarrisX has Biden +7 nationally, vs +5 before (generally one of Trump's stronger polls). On average, a Biden gain of 2 points vs. the previous editions of the same polls. All post-debate but before the president's COVID-19 diagnosis.

So Trump's awesome debate performance looks like an average gain for Biden of +2 nationally.

Most polls landed around the 7-10 point range with 2 seemingly outlier polls at +3 and +13.

What Trump has had to “endure” - Jesus Christ, these people are delusional beyond belief.

Really great too how this is just like a flu, ordinary spring, yet 5 minutes after testing positive, Trump gets an experimental antibody infusion and runs off to be hospitalized. The rest of you, figure it out for yourselves. Trump voters really are idiot suckers.

And of course

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1312167166158860288

Trump campaign indicates it will not join
@JoeBiden
in pulling negative ads.

“Joe Biden used his speech in Michigan today to attack President Trump. He’s in no position to say anything,"

I listened to the Michigan speech. He did not attack Trump. He stated job loss and covid stats for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom