US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrett giving COVID to the entire Republican establishment and thus making it impossible for them to hold a vote is not part of 2020's script.

Now they are saying that Pence needs to be quarantined. Which is unfortunately true. But that means no debate next week. FUCK.

to be clear, it has not been canceled, but my bet is it will.

the debate being cancelled without any way for the MAGAs to pin it on biden being too tired or scared to face trump again is probably a good thing.

the debate being cancelled without any way for the MAGAs to pin it on biden being too tired or scared to face trump again is probably a good thing.

I agree with the presidential debates. Although I think Biden being at the town hall one would have been good.
But VP debate is the one I’ve been looking forward to

Where are you reading about the Pence quarantine? I don't see anything.

Biden is continuing with campaigning as normal, so I would hope Pence would proceed with the VP debate next week.

Where are you reading about the Pence quarantine? I don't see anything.

Biden is continuing with campaigning as normal, so I would hope Pence would proceed with the VP debate next week.

seeing docs on tv saying it should be demanded that he quarantine. I think it's because a positive test can show up many days after coming in contact.
I don't think he had much contact with Trump after Monday, so I'm sure he's good. And I hope that the VP debate goes on. But would be a convenient way for him to not have to face Harris.

Just think. He's gonna go into the VP debate, being the the head of the Virus task force, and this news just dropped. He's gonna be snuggling with mother tonight.

I think as long as they are both taking precautions and continuing to get tested regularly, assuming nothing changes over the next few days, both Biden and Pence will keep at it. Which hopefully means the debate goes on.

At least I hope that's the case. Harris is going to slaughter him and I don't want that opportunity taken away from her.

some state polls out from one pollster.
These are not head to head polls. Biden usually does slightly better in head to head. And the are all POST-RBG but PRE-DEBATE.

Wis.
Biden +5

Mich.
Biden +9

N.C. Biden +2

Ariz. Biden +3

Pa. Biden +6

Fla. Biden +5

Also, Sulfolk has Biden +4 in AZ, this was taken partly after the debate

And PPP has Biden +6 in MI, post debate.

Decent numbers. nothing shocking but good to see a decent FL poll.

Look at these returned vote by mail numbers in Florida.
@FlaDems
+91,340 vote advantage.

DEM: 184,552 (7.6% return rate)
GOP: 93,212 (5.6%)
N/3/I: 64,119

Total: 341,877

In 2016, this far out from E-Day, GOP held +1,304 advantage with only 7,487 mail ballots returned.

Also, this actually isn't taking into account that Miami-Dade, Broward and Orange counties - All large and blue areas, have not gotten or have gotten very few ballots so far, since most were mailed out just yesterday.

Enthusiasm gap?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom