US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the NYT finally realized that Trump is a danger. 4 years too late.

It feels like the NYT finally realized that Trump is a danger. 4 years too late.

Well just today a couple of GOP strategists said they should be tailoring their message to moderate republicans... WOW. Talk about late.

Can you post what you mean about NYT?

Huh. Interesting. I missed this, but Nate Silver posted.

The other full post-debate poll we have today is a Biden +2 in Georgia. Not *that* different from other recent polls of the state. But this firm had Trump +7 in late August and +3 in mid-August so a pretty big swing to Biden.

lmao hipster coffee shop doofus jacob wohl and his weasel sidekick were charged with felony voter intimidation in MI today. bye felonicia

Is it important for Vice President Biden to tell us if he'd try to expand the Supreme Court on his watch?

Seems a fundamental position voters should know about, and know now....

Is it important for Vice President Biden to tell us if he'd try to expand the Supreme Court on his watch?

The obvious answer is yes if the democrats manage to pull a trifecta and no if they can’t take the senate. There should be no doubt about this.

Much like how Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi ruined our government with obstructionism, republicans ruined our Supreme Court with Garland v Barrett. There’s no reason for Democrats to show any form of restraint or good faith if there’s no reason for republicans to do so.

Our government is trash and greed and selfishness will only create more greed and selfishness as we continually implode. The sanctity of the court is already ruined.

Agreed.

Let's take a moment, too, for Sen. Harry Reid.

Thanks Harry.

Last edited:

I guess it depends if ACB is rushed onto the court, doesn’t it?

Thanks, Mitch. For everything.

tenor.gif

Vice President Biden should give voters his position on expansion of the Court.

I think that we can all agree that a decision cannot be made as to who is more qualified and suitable for the office of the Presidency between Joe Biden and Donald Trump without this key nugget of information.

No, it doesn't.

Vice President Biden should give voters his position on expansion of the Court.

Why though? Like why should he? Does he not owe it to the game to intentionally avoid taking a stance now because that alienates votes for people who want a reason to not vote for Donald Trump?

What about this Supreme Court situation makes you think there’s any reason why one side owes the other side any form of good faith? There’s no good faith in politics.

I think that we can all agree that a decision cannot be made as to who is more qualified and suitable for the office of the Presidency between Joe Biden and Donald Trump without this key nugget of information.

Hmmmmm... possibly 11 seats and a functioning democracy, or 9 seats and our democracy crumbles, civil war ensues and we spiral into complete corrupt authoritarianism... hmmmm... I’m undecided.

Hmmmmm... possibly 11 seats and a functioning democracy, or 9 seats and our democracy crumbles, civil war ensues and we spiral to authoritarianism... hmmmm... I’m undecided.

Personally, I've not yet seen or heard enough from Donald Trump over the last 4 years to make up my mind.

Why though? Like why should he? Does he not owe it to the game to intentionally avoid taking a stance now because that alienates votes for people who want a reason to not vote for Donald Trump?

What about this Supreme Court situation makes you think there’s any reason why one side owes the other side any form of good faith? There’s no good faith in politics.

I suggested Biden should give his SC stance.

Agree there is no good faith on any side.

Except here :cool:

But what if you are trying to find a way to give yourself permission to vote for Trump, despite literally everything else?

Well just today a couple of GOP strategists said they should be tailoring their message to moderate republicans... WOW. Talk about late.

Can you post what you mean about NYT?

EjPr7gJXkAI-k76

It's quite a different approach than their usual both-sides-itis.

I absolutely think Biden should add 2 more justices.

I also think he should be coy about it, because the election is too important and he must win, so he should do what he can to reduce this as an issue. Like Obama with SSM. We all knew he was for it, but was being cautious. Which is what Biden should do.

But this is my opinion. I’m not sure what he thinks. Generally, Biden is literally always at the center of his party. There are some D’s for saving the legitimacy of the court, and others who might be willing to let the illegitimate Trump court stand as is. He probably isn’t totally sure what he thinks, since RBG wasn’t even in the ground before Trump danced on her grave with a replacement and McConnell and the GOP kids said they’d approve literally anyone (as they have, with the parade of objectively unqualified judges on the lower courts).

Yes. I realize, I’m asking him to be evasive. I realize this could be disqualifying for some, especially in the face of the virtue, morality, and rectitude of Donald J. Trump.

I don’t care about him being coy. I’ve heard too much “hehe suckers” from the other side so I’ve kinda given up on politicians ever being good people. I just want the republicans to pay for the disgusting society they’ve created.

Hmmmmm... possibly 11 seats and a functioning democracy, or 9 seats and our democracy crumbles, civil war ensues and we spiral into complete corrupt authoritarianism... hmmmm... I’m undecided.

13 please. The same number as the best amendment (I can be convinced to go to 15 or 19).

Also, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Barrett wants to overturn Roe v Wade. The President assured us her views on this issue were not known.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...-2006-ad-calling-overturn-roe-v-wade-n1241738

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom