US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to stop global warming

giphy.gif

Honestly nobody is going to remember what Joe Biden said or how he did tonight.

I thought that his answer about voting was concise and excellent.

They should cancel the last 2 debates.

Wow.

I just watched:

9d1b719cec3991f656c553b764a9a50c.jpg

"debate"

9d1b719cec3991f656c553b764a9a50c.jpg

for 90 minutes.

That was the most un-statesmanlike debate in world history.

Hopefully the Veep debate will have a little decorum next week. I think it will.

Biden is going to lose, and rich, white Dems are going to be like, oh well, better luck to us next time, ignoring the fact that Bernie wiped the floor with Trump in that debate, and nothing is ever going to change.

VP debate should be very good. I can't wait to see Senator Harris. And at least Pence will be respectful. Compared to Trump anything and anyone is respectful.

He literally gave a shoutout to the proud boys

The way Trump embarrassed himself tonight, this was tee ball and Biden only hit a few singles.

But it's better than getting completely run over. Trump is not focused or efficient enough for that.

Biden is going to lose, and rich, white Dems are going to be like, oh well, better luck to us next time, ignoring the fact that Bernie wiped the floor with Trump in that debate, and nothing is ever going to change.
Could you share the video of this Bernie vs Trump debate where the floor was factually wiped?

Thanks.

That's an overreaction. I'm not enthusiastic about Biden and a number of other people would have done better than him. But the goal is to win the election, not the debates. And he was been able to take away Trump's advantage in the Midwest, which happens to be critical for the electoral college.

I’m no longer concerned about the actual outcome of the election.

But I’m terrified about what will happen to you all on election night and the weeks that follow with your fellow citizens armed to their teeth. :|

Trump was directly asked to denounce white supremacy and he couldn't.

Yes, I, too, will be drinking heavily on election night.

Worst moderator in history. And the format didn't help. The format was completely set up to benefit Trump. Two minutes each to speak, with no chance for response. That means, we will let Trump lie for two minutes and no one can call him on it.
And even though that was the format. Wallace continually allowed Trump to speak for at least 30 seconds in reply to what Biden just said. That was after Trump talked over Biden during his two minutes. He was worse than useless.

Biden did well. It was sort of an onstage reenactment of the race for the last 6 months. Trump lying, yelling, whining, blaming, lying, lying, and Biden giving straightforward talk, directly to the 60 percent of sane Americans, while being interrupted every 5 seconds by another complete clusterfuck from Trump. And what has that done? Driven away seniors, driven away women, driven away suburbanites, driven away military and vets, the list goes on. And that's what he did more of tonight.

Last edited:
I have two teenage daughters, and I just feel such profound sadness for them right now. I really hope we get through this dark phase of U.S. history sooner rather than later.

Don’t really know what else to say...

Trump's goal tonight was to be so outlandish that he gets Biden to drop out of the last two debates, at which point he'll pivot to talking about how soft and low energy Biden is.

Biden can't let that happen. Bring on debate #2.

Oh, yeah, I can't imagine Biden being scared away after tonight. I definitely think he knows that was Trump's goal tonight, and he won't let Trump scare him that easily.

And yes, I really hope the Proud Boys/"watch the polls closely" insanity is splashed all over the news tomorrow and onward. Everyone needs to be made fully aware of that and its implications. Along with Trump's comment about the Supreme Court being involved in the results.

I also hope that the NYT and other outlets continue to keep sharing as much damaging information on Trump as they possibly can, with his taxes and anything else imaginable. Just keep hammering it all home for voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom