US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have what everyone wants: a swing state vote.

I encourage you and cheer you on as you do what you can to turn the state back to blue.

Good luck and go get ‘em.

Oh, yeah, rest assured we're gonna do our part and fight :D. I'm also looking into the idea of volunteering as a poll worker for Election Day. Thanks for the good luck wishes! We can use all the support we can get!

Lindsey crying (like, voice breaking) about not having any money tonight on Hannity.

One figures the Russians will step in, but is it already too late?

Last edited:
I find Lindsey to be more of a tragic figure than anything else.

In the opening stages of the Trump administration he was actually one of the lone republican voices speaking out against Mango Mussolini. Then after McCain dies he does a complete 180 - probably because Trump and his National Enquirer buddies hare holding something over his head related to his sexuality and/or kinks... which, as long as they're legal of course, is really just sad that someone feels they need.to be blackmailed over what they do behind closed doors in the year 2020.

Speaking of Lady G. What do you think about Harrison's prospects? I would think an incumbent would likely have the edge in a tied race. But Graham has been in office so long... do people just want something new? Does the money allow Harrison to have a much stronger ground game, getting people to the polls? I'm not sure.

Looks like the Dems are moving quickly to back Warnock in GA. A very smart move. Both Abrams and now Obama have gotten into the mix, with Obama endorsing Warnock and Abrams explicitly saying the Lieberman needs to drop out and make way for Warnock.

A Warnock/Loeffler race is not gonna be too good for the GOP in that GA race. This has been a Senate seat that has kind of gone under the radar because of the uncertainty of the final candidates. But definitely one that could be extremely consequential.

Speaking of Lady G. What do you think about Harrison's prospects? I would think an incumbent would likely have the edge in a tied race. But Graham has been in office so long... do people just want something new? Does the money allow Harrison to have a much stronger ground game, getting people to the polls? I'm not sure.

It depends on how pathetic he continues to look. He looks really pathetic right now, begging for money, and he sure set himself up with “you can use my words against me.” We could have a Roy Moore-level upset, because he just looks like such a shell of his former self, and that can’t be appealing to voters. And Harrison could drive up Black turnout in a stage that has a very large black population.

I’d still think Graham pulls it out, at this point, but SCOTUS hearings could change things either way.

Yeah, he’s still around. He just doesn’t come in here anymore.

Now don’t forget to stop by my desk to pick up your new assignment and check from George Soros.

Yeah, he’s still around. He just doesn’t come in here anymore.

Now don’t forget to stop by my desk to pick up your new assignment and check from George Soros.

I’ve been waiting for the check... any longer and I would have reverted to my natural state of loving Donald Trump.

Just to vent a little. There is a trend, well not so much a trend, but a consistent illogical message by the media and social media, that needs to stop.

It's the - this will most likely result in a depressed turnout from the Democrats. Doesn't really matter what it is.

The polls go up for Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
The polls go down for Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
RGB died - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is going to fill the seat before the election - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is going to fill the seat after the election - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is spreading conspiracy theories about Joe Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is spreading conspiracy theories about mail in voting - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Roe v Wade is in danger - Gonna fire up republicans
The economy added 1.5 million jobs - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Biden made a stupid joke during an interview - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump wore a mask for one day - Gonna depress Dem turnout and change the race!
Violence in Kenosha, Portland, Seattle, NY, KY - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Covid numbers go up - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Covid numbers go down - Gonna depress Dem turnout
It rained on a Wednesday in Michigan - Gonna depress Dem turnout
I saw a man trip and fall on the sidewalk today - Gonna depress Dem turnout

Has anyone EVER seen any situation where the media or social media has said something would depress Republican turnout? I am wracking my brain and can't think of any...

I genuinely hope South Carolinians flip the table and call this asshole out for who he is, regardless of their republicanness. Graham is a fucking joke.

Just to vent a little. There is a trend, well not so much a trend, but a consistent illogical message by the media and social media, that needs to stop.

It's the - this will most likely result in a depressed turnout from the Democrats. Doesn't really matter what it is.

The polls go up for Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
The polls go down for Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
RGB died - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is going to fill the seat before the election - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is going to fill the seat after the election - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is spreading conspiracy theories about Joe Biden - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump is spreading conspiracy theories about mail in voting - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Roe v Wade is in danger - Gonna fire up republicans
The economy added 1.5 million jobs - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Biden made a stupid joke during an interview - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Trump wore a mask for one day - Gonna depress Dem turnout and change the race!
Violence in Kenosha, Portland, Seattle, NY, KY - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Covid numbers go up - Gonna depress Dem turnout
Covid numbers go down - Gonna depress Dem turnout
It rained on a Wednesday in Michigan - Gonna depress Dem turnout
I saw a man trip and fall on the sidewalk today - Gonna depress Dem turnout

Has anyone EVER seen any situation where the media or social media has said something would depress Republican turnout? I am wracking my brain and can't think of any...

God, this. It seems like no matter what Democrats do going forward, there's always going to be something about how they have to be careful lest it alienate voters or whatever. They need to fight, but not too hard, 'cause that could turn people off. But if they don't fight, then they're weak and ineffective and won't energize the base. They can't win either way, it seems. What the hell do people want them to do? There's only so much power they actually have right now, after all. It'd be so nice to have more focus on talking about what they're doing right, and explore the areas where they CAN actually make some changes and push back against this insanity, instead of constantly acting like they're doomed all the time.

I'm guessing the media's given up on trying to tell the Republicans what could hurt their chances, since, y'know, they've made it clear they do not give a damn what anyone else says at this point, but still, yeah, it'd be really nice to see their actions being scrutinized like this a hell of a lot more often.

One of the media bullshit questions or narratives that bothers me is

How come Biden isn’t holding any rallies or events like Trump??

The question should be

Why is trump holding rallies in the middle of a pandemic ?

Well you will hear this on msnbc and cnn evening shows. But the problem is that most everyday people get their “news” from shows like Good Morning America.

There it’s: Donald Trump held a huge rally with 6000 people yesterday in WI, he spoke about about how mail in voting is a fraud and going to make the election null and void, and how radical leftist shot police officers. Now here’s a heartwarming story of a goat and a cat that are BEST friends!!

Mike Bloomberg-backed Independence PAC is placing its first TV ad spending in Florida. For 9/29 through Election Day

It's a massive buy

Word is he has put 12 million in with Priorities USA and Latinus and now this will be 40 million with Independence PAC.

Get ready for a new acronym: ACB.

And good luck, American women.

And people with pre-existing conditions.

And refugees.

And immigrants.

And gays.

And trans folks.

And voting rights.

They will be coming for all of us.

(on the golf course)

"sure buddy i'll donate 100 bucks to your kid's hockey team for the away tournament"

(a week later)

"oh yeah here's that 15 bucks i pledged"

if that happened to anyone's kid they'd be rightfully pissed off but somehow a billionaire gets a pass for doing the same thing when the stakes are exponentially higher.

Last edited:
lol ok

Republicans: uhhh this guy has donated close to $200 million in about two weeks, negated our attempt to keep former felons from voting by paying off all their fines, and there's still 40 days to go... we should try to arrest him.

Democrats: why won't this dick spend any money?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom