US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #721
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I'm still heartbroken that Marsha Blackburn tested negative.

Quote:
Rick Scott - POSITIVE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This made my morning thx
Quote:
Welp, bad news. His office said he "misspoke" this morning and that he's negative.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #722
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Oh here we are with the virtue signaling, amirite?

Old 10-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #723
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
As much as I'm not a fan of people rooting for others to catch a deadly virus, your particular ability to call anyone out on decency walked out that door a long damn time ago.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #724
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
And yet this is the same party that's spent months now trying to claim that Biden is the one who's in some sort of decline. Amazing.

So to recap: one of our current presidential candidates is for a party that has been responsible, and advocated others be responsible, when it comes to this virus, who've worn masks in public, and who trust and listen to scientists and medical experts in regards to this pandemic. They have also tried to work with others to help tackle some of the fallout of this virus, and have tried to put guidelines and mandates in place to help keep everyone safe.

Our other presidential candidate is currently at Walter Reed hospital being treated for a virus he refused to take seriously, and his party is getting sick in droves with the same virus because they also refused to take it seriously, and they've put other people at risk, potentially jeopardized our country's national security in the process, and have 200,000 plus American deaths on their hands because of their mismanagement of this virus, as well as their general selfishness and ignorance. And they've got "experts" and "doctors" that nobody can trust, too.

Gee. Yeah. Our choice this November is SUCH a tough one.
And somehow, all of this is going to improve Trump's chances of re-election, according to some. I find it very odd that anyone could see willful incompetence and subsequent ironic comeuppance as a good political strategy, but perhaps I'm not imaginative enough.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #725
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I find this totally believable.

So the story will be he went out there to get it on purpose so that he could show the American people that it's totes no big deal (so long as you're hospitalized immediately and started on multiple experimental protocols).

Which is good news for all those who want to sue his ass, if he wants to claim he purposely got it and then infected others as a result, well that's a lawyer's dream.
Oh, I hope to God there's lawsuits ready to go, because these people deserve every kind of criminal charge thrown at them that's available.

Also, if that's their plan, that's one hell of a slap in the face to all the loved ones of those who've DIED from this virus. Or those who've gotten sick with this and are still feeling severe effects months later. It's not surprising to see them that callous, mind, but it's yet another stark reminder of just how little they truly give a shit about others.

And people wonder why we can't bother to muster up any sort of sympathy for Trump or the other GOP members who've gotten this, why some are going so far as to outright cheer this. This is the kind of attitude and behavior they want to present to the world, fuck them. And fuck every single person who voted for this party and continues to support them or plans to vote for them again, too. If this isn't enough to wake you up and make you realize you've made a gigantic mistake, there's really no hope for you.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
And somehow, all of this is going to improve Trump's chances of re-election, according to some. I find it very odd that anyone could see willful incompetence and subsequent ironic comeuppance as a good political strategy, but perhaps I'm not imaginative enough.
Like I said yesterday, logic apparently isn't some people's strong point.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #726
Blue Crack Addict

He posted a new video on Twitter, he is not in bad condition. CNN is showing the video.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #727
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Quote:
Old 10-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #728
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:18 PM
It's pretty strange to have a race this stable. And because of it, you can almost make predictions of what the outcome of swing states will be by just using one number - 6. This seems to be the average swing from Clinton to Biden in close swing states. A little bit less in southern swing states - so maybe 5 there.

If we do that it would mean:
(rounding a bit)

MN - Biden +7.5
WI - Biden +5.5
MI - Biden +5.5
PA - Biden +5.5
NC - Biden +3
FL - Biden +3.5
AZ - Biden +2.5
GA - Biden tied
OH - Trump +1
IA - Trump +2
TX - Trump +3

I could see this as a very possible result from a race that has literally only ranged from Biden +7 to Biden +9 in the last four months. Difficult to see any major shifts at this point.

That would be 335 to 187 with GA's 18 points possibly going either way.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #729
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He looks like he was dragged out of the bed and probably given enough drugs to not feel anything.

Even when his life is on the line, these guys keep pushing the narrative “not a big deal, open it all up!!”

This is probably the most active we’ll see him the rest of the campaign or even longer
Old 10-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #730
Blue Crack Addict

I mean, he honestly looks 100x better when he's not pumpkin orange - he's still a piece of shit human but with the clownish make up he's
Old 10-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #731
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Chris Christie checked himself into a hospital. His dr advised it because he has asthma. His doctors put him on Remdesivir.
Wonder if M&Ms have any therapeutic effect on Covid?
Old 10-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #732
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I want more than one dot. I want a dot with a line on top of it!

Yes I do wish that every single person who has allowed politics to make it acceptable to downplay a deadly pandemic should face the wraith of the disease because I firmly believe that 1) they’re smug and it’s karma, 2) though I’m not someone of faith, in that lens they are challenging god, and most important of all 3) this high profile outbreak event will save more lives the bigger it gets.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #733
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewson View Post
wonder if m&ms have any therapeutic effect on covid?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201003_191758.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	12633
Old 10-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #734
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Wonder if M&Ms have any therapeutic effect on Covid?

Maybe MyPillow can help
Old 10-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #735
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Maybe MyPillow can help
Lindell will just pray the virus away.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #736
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I want more than one dot. I want a dot with a line on top of it!

Yes I do wish that every single person who has allowed politics to make it acceptable to downplay a deadly pandemic should face the wraith of the disease because I firmly believe that 1) they’re smug and it’s karma, 2) though I’m not someone of faith, in that lens they are challenging god, and most important of all 3) this high profile outbreak event will save more lives the bigger it gets.
Yeah, I love how anyone who supports a President who has said the most vile disgusting things about other people can be so outraged about people wishing karma on him. That being said-because I am a much better person than Donald Trump will ever be, I don't wish covid on him or any other person. Or for him or anyone else to die from covid.

I watched my Mom dying of cancer for nine months. And I've had to listen to Donald Trump mocking people who died from brain cancer. So fuck you Trump and all your one-way morality supporters. No moral indignation about taking health care away from people either. Selective hypocritical moral outrage. IT IS WHAT IT IS
Old 10-03-2020, 07:50 PM   #737
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Gee. Yeah. Our choice this November is SUCH a tough one.
puts on Thinking Cap ...

Hands out Dunce Caps!!!

Quote:
Officially the best tweet I've seen in response to this whole mess:

https://twitter.com/AlisonLeiby/stat...10212741242880
Heh. Heh. yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I will never forgive conservative media for what they've done to my father (and a few other relatives).

I'm going to have some more bourbon now.
So sorry, headache.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #738
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

https://mobile.twitter.com/cathleend...38687788462080

Trump camp reply: Transwhatency???
Old 10-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #739
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1312492265479180290
tell us how you really feel, wf?

Twiddledee and Twiddledum, no?
Old 10-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #740
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:18 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I love how anyone who supports a President who has said the most vile disgusting things about other people can be so outraged about people wishing karma on him.
Right? This is the guy who spent all of Obama's presidency pushing a racist birther conspiracy against hi. And people knew that, and still looked at him and said, "Yeah, he should totally win not only the GOP nomination, but also the presidency."

And yet we're supposed to be nice to them, because...?

The Democrats always try and "play nice". We've had to deal with four years of trying to "play nice" with a bully of a president and an administration who made it clear they could do whatever the hell they wanted, rules and consequences be damned, and who refused to hold Trump accountable for any of the horrible things he said and did.

At some point, us nice people are going to inevitably lose our patience and snap back. And I think most of the country is well past that point by now. We're tired. We're frustrated, We're angry. And we have every right to express that. If the right takes issue with it, well, they're the ones who set the bar and made it clear it was okay to be this way. This is what Trump supporters fail to understand: they don't have a single solitary bit of moral high ground to stand on here. They don't get to preach to us, they don't get to spend years treating us like shit and then demand we respect them and act all offended when we fight back and try playing their game.

Quote:
That being said-because I am a much better person than Donald Trump will ever be, I don't wish covid on him or any other person. Or for him or anyone else to die from covid.
I'm not wishing death, either. My attitude is more along the lines of, "Gee, I am just so shocked that these people's own stupidity came back to bite them hard in the ass."

Quote:
I watched my Mom dying of cancer for nine months. And I've had to listen to Donald Trump mocking people who died from brain cancer. So fuck you Trump and all your one-way morality supporters. No moral indignation about taking health care away from people either. Selective hypocritical moral outrage. IT IS WHAT IT IS
This. This is what pisses me off the most. I still remember that GOP debate from almost a decade ago where the moderator asked the candidates if someone should die if they didn't have insurance, and people in the crowd CHEERED. I remember seeing that at a time when my mom was visiting my dying aunt, and seeing that about a year or so after my dad died, and my family was still dealing with the medical debt that came from that.

I've had to listen to this same party for years preach about how "pro-life" they are while simultaneously trying to take healthcare away from others, and trying to restrict women's rights regarding their reproductive health. And I've had to listen to them call working-class/poor people like my family "freeloading moochers" who want "government handouts" because we dare to demand that we get the same kind of healthcare that people like Trump are currently getting (all while he's cheated the tax system, too, I might add. Meanwhile if my family had done that, we'd (rightly) get a, "Tough shit, you're on your own" response from the government).

So again I say, we're supposed to be nice to these people, and show them sympathy, because...?