US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in talking about it. Just focus on winning. Imagine you’re playing Risk and you’ve cornered your final opponent into Australia and you have every other continent. Just wait a few turns and collect the bonuses before striking. Don’t mention that the game is over until it’s over.

The orange fucker could still have a few armies lying in wait in Kamchatka. can't let the foot off the gas.

This must be so strange to those of you who didn't live through the Communist era when this sort of obfuscation and lying about dictators' health was as common as the sun rising in the East every day.

I think we know that this isn’t going to end well.

He’s still sick. He’s going from one medical facility to another one.

He’s still infectious. He feels like a million bucks because he’s 99.9% drugs.

They are clearly hiding any information that would be deemed bad or critical.

If he’s truly conquered covid like he claims, i want to see him golf.

Trump's disgusting tweet is exactly how I knew this would play out. Instead of telling people to take covid more seriously, he is doing the complete opposite. I would love to feel better than I did 20 years ago, so maybe I should try to get covid.

The sycophants will eat this up, and more people will die. And Trump literally doesn't care. Makes it all seem like a fake ruse to me.

Yes that's just what they would have said you assclown

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President. If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!

2:26 PM · Oct 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

As soon as I heard he had it. It took me about 5 minutes to realize that this was going to be how he would come out at the end. I saw him at a podium, no mask saying - What did I tell you? This is nothing more than the flu. CHEERS. I guess I just have great genes!! CHEERS. Don't be afraid of this virus, we need to open up!!!
I missed the "feeling better than i did 20 years ago part" My mind isn't able go that far off the reservation.

Now, I use the term "end" here. But I don't believe this is the end. This is the middle at best. There are 10 days til the next debate. Still possible we could see him hold another couple rallies, and do we see him start to get sweaty and unstable? Collapse? I mean there is a whole number of possibilities that lay ahead.

But the fact that he is straight back into Covid denial - means two things. One, 99% of us knew that would be the case. And two. He got an unfortunate but actual lifeline in the last month of the campaign that he trails in badly. He could have used it to come out and at least act like he had some sort of empathy and compassion and talk about the virus responsibly for few weeks. It would have been his ONLY hope. But he of course is unable, and will continue to crash and burn.

Hey Donnie Jr, where have you been for the last four/ five/ six plus years?

According to Vanity Fair's Gabriel Sherman, the president's eldest son has been alarmed by his behavior over the past couple of days, in which he's been desperate to project strength while being hospitalized at Walter Reed Memorial Hospital.

"Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he's doing," one source tells Sherman. "Don said, 'I'm not going to be the only one to tell him he's acting crazy.'"

However, even Jared and Ivanka reportedly agreed with Donald Jr. that the president's Monday morning all-caps tweet storms — which included messages such as "SPACE FORCE. VOTE!" — went way over the edge.

"They're all worried," said one source. "They've tried to get him to stop tweeting."

CNN just played a clip of some woman from Trump's campaign on Fox. She actually said that Trump now has experience personally fighting covid, experience that Joe Biden doesn't have.

We can actually learn some things from bias pollsters that lean pretty heavily to the right.

OH poll out today from Trafalger - has Trump +4. This pollster has a house effect of 5points right. So this is actually closer to a Biden +1

They had WI at Trump +1 back in late August, and their last poll spanning over the debate date, was Biden +3. Four points off the average, but still show a sizable shift.

Rasmussen who does a daily presidential approval number (and the only pollster other than Zogby, to ever show him above water) - Had Trump at Plus 2 to plus 7 from September 14th through September 26th. After the debate, it went down to Trump -3 to -7, up til today.

So even the bias pollsters are showing a shift towards Biden. The shift is real, and I don't know what Trump could do at this point to change that trajectory. He could do more to make it worse. But I don't see that someone with his psychological problems, can make it better.

There still could be another October surprise. But RGB didn't change anything for him, Covid diagnosis brought no empathy bump, policeman shot at a protest didn't change anything, debate didn't change anything. In fact a couple of these things made it worse for him. I don't see the VP debate bringing anything but more pain. And Pence and DJ and Eric doing rallies... yeah.

CNN just played a clip of some woman from Trump's campaign on Fox. She actually said that Trump now has experience personally fighting covid, experience that Joe Biden doesn't have.

Joe is such a weak loser. He didn't go out and bravely face the virus for US!! To show us that it is just the flu and a hoax all along. MAGA!!!

Trump isn’t trying to win anymore. Their best/only hope is a combination of (i) cheating, (ii) depressing D turnout through various means from reducing the # of mail drop offs to sending MAGA hooligans to intimidate voters who show up in person and (iii) whatever foreign interference they can muster in the last 4 weeks.

His massive ego will not let him stay away from his adoring deplorable crowds, the question is how quickly his alleged handlers will be able to pull one off.

It’s also a sad state of affairs when Don Jr of all people is the one to sound alarms inside their camp.

A fortress? How disgusting. There is tall plexiglass at the register of my local convenience store, it's everywhere now.

Pence is a covid denier too, obviously. They have all consumed the Kool Aid.

Politico

By ALEX ISENSTADT and CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO

10/05/2020 04:07 PM EDT

The Commission on Presidential Debates has approved plans for plexiglass to be used in Wednesday’s vice presidential debate amid mounting concerns about coronavirus transmission, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Plexiglass is expected to be used as a barrier between Vice President Mike Pence and California Sen. Kamala Harris, as well as between the two candidates and moderator Susan Page. The plans have the support of the Cleveland Clinic, which is helping to set health protocols for the forums amid the pandemic.

The Pence and Harris teams have been negotiating the terms of the debate in recent days. Following Friday’s news that President Donald Trump had contracted Covid-19, the debate commission decided to move the two candidates seats from seven feet to 13 feet apart.

But the two camps were split over whether to erect a plexiglass barrier, according to people familiar with the talks. Harris' campaign supported it, Pence's opposed it.

“If Sen. Harris wants to use a fortress around herself, have at it,” said Katie Miller, a Pence spokeswoman.

A Harris spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Ha, a reporter just yelled “Are you a superspreader, Mr. President?”.

I want this clown voted out. Can’t imagine 4 more years of this shit.

But the two camps were split over whether to erect a plexiglass barrier, according to people familiar with the talks. Harris' campaign supported it, Pence's opposed it.

“If Sen. Harris wants to use a fortress around herself, have at it,” said Katie Miller, a Pence spokeswoman.

Yeah! Why would anyone want to try and keep themselves safe after watching a bunch of people get sick all at once? That's just crazy talk, that is!

Good lord. I hope Harris goes ahead with it. Trump sure looked the fool after mocking Biden for wearing masks last week, after all, so hey, if Pence wants to follow suit and further make the GOP look bad on TV, well...

He fucking had the White House photographers reshoot his entrance - while not wearing a mask.

The worst person in the country was elected President.

Why the hell would anyone entertain that? Can't someone EVER just once say, "No" to this asshole?

Once again, Trump supporters, thanks so much for completely ruining our country and making us a shameful laughingstock. Really hope your pathetic need to "own the libs" was worth all of this.

He fucking had the White House photographers reshoot his entrance - while not wearing a mask.

The worst person in the country was elected President.

I'd like to remind you that we STILL don't know whether Joe Biden is in favour of packing the SCOTUS.

I'd like to remind you that we STILL don't know whether Joe Biden is in favour of packing the SCOTUS.

I get that he shouldn’t talk about this before the election for tactical reasons, but does anyone think he is actually in favor of it? Or of DC statehood? Or doing away with the filibuster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom