US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden camp pulling ads from CO and TX. I'm assuming for opposite reasons. I get it. TX ad buying is expensive. Better to bombard OH, FL and PA at this point.

Interestingly. Biden has outspent Trump in about every state except GA where Trump is outspending by 10 to 1. Funny part, GA has actually shifted slightly toward Biden over the last month.

Complete idiots.

Congress needs to be shut down right now but MoscowMitch will still push forward with the SC vote

These assholes will even show up infected to put her thru

Just a reminder. Those that have had Covid. Even younger healthier ones, have said the symptoms in the first 1-5 days, are much more mild than the week or so after. And overall, the symptoms can last a long time. 4-6 weeks would be a good outcome. Many feel for months afterward.

In somewhat relieving news, the high quality NYT/Siena has Biden +7 in PA and +5 in FL. Most importantly, they are detecting a small but statistically significant shift towards Biden after Trump’s diagnosis.

OK FOLKS!! The NYT/Sienna polls for PA and FL just dropped.

Annnnnndd

PA - Biden +7
FL - Biden +5

Joe Biden leads Donald Trump in Pennsylvania and Florida, according to new Times/Siena polls taken after the first debate.
Biden leads in Pennsylvania, 49 to 42 percent among likely voters. He leads in Florida, 47 to 42.

This means that Biden's avg. in FL in polls over the last week is +4.25
And in PA for the past week - is Biden +6.7

PA is at a comfortable number. I would like to see Biden climb to +5 in FL. I am automatically taking about 3 points off of FL, as this has been the shift to the right in FL from polling numbers to election day for the last 2 cycles. 4.25 would be good. But 5 would make me feel more confident.

Last edited:
From Nate Cohn

Of the two results, the biggest surprise was probably Florida, where we found Biden+5 with a R+4 sample. This is a fully updated voter file that reflects some meaningful GOP registration gains in the states.

It's just a subsample, so big MoEs here, but we found no evidence of the big Trump gains among Hispanic voters in Florida or in Miami-Dade County. Biden even narrowly led a (very small) sample of Cuban voters; they were R 47-28 by registration. Again, small samples but...

The Pennsylvania poll was pretty in line with the poll averages and our pre-debate poll, which found Biden+9. I should note that this sample was much more GOP (R+1, in fact) than our prior sample by party identification, so we might just have a better-for-Trump sample this time.
Nonetheless, if you take the two PA polls together we've got Biden+8 with N>1400 in perhaps the most important state with just over a month until the election. This is a fairly daunting deficit in a stable race.

The debate certainly did nothing to help the president. His ratings dropped across the board. An overwhelming majority of voters disapproved of his performance, including one-third of his own supporters.

Guess you should wear masks and distance outside too.

Rose garden taking everyone out

Well since its clear now that the nomination ceremony is the super spreader event, I dub our soon to be newest Supreme Court "Justice" Amy Corona Barrett.

So it looks increasingly like the White House withheld his diagnosis for 24-36 hours and he carried out as if nothing was happening. What a clusterfuck. If that’s the way this administration goes out, I can’t think of anything more appropriate.

So it looks increasingly like the White House withheld his diagnosis for 24-36 hours and he carried out as if nothing was happening. What a clusterfuck. If that’s the way this administration goes out, I can’t think of anything more appropriate.

I'm not a litigious person (despite my profession), but there will be dozens of people who should be lawyering up right now and looking to file a civil suit.

I would say calls for resignation would be appropriate at this point. He knew he was positive and was being treated when he went to the Bedminster fundraiser.

Now set your watches. How long before the doctor comes back out and says. Um, we misspoke earlier about how long the president has been receiving treatment....

Not even as long as it took be type my post.

A White House official clarifies Dr. Conley’s timeline. He says Conley meant to say it’s Day 3, not 72 hours in—the diagnosis was made Thursday night—and that Garibaldi meant to say it’s been two days, not 48 hours, since the Regeneron was administered on Thursday night.

I'm not a litigious person (despite my profession), but there will be dozens of people who should be lawyering up right now and looking to file a civil suit.

The description of his fundraiser in NJ on Thursday afternoon of an indoor meeting with a bunch of old men sitting around a table maskless with Trump tells me some of his big donors are on the way to being Corona-Barrett positive. We'll see if their allegiance lies more with Trump or the almighty dollar.

Unbelievable that the WH is seemingly covering up so much. It's not about them, it's about all the people who were exposed to it by reckless irresponsible behavior. But why would they give a crap about that?

The American people have the right to know the full true information about the President having a potentially fatal virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom