US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand, I get the Biden campaign pulling their ads. It'll be a good reminder for voters of the stable, compassionate alternative to the insanity and cruelty that is this administration. Plus, there's only about a month left to go until the election, people are already voting as it is, and I doubt there's really much else they could say or do to further convince people to vote for them at this point. It seems pretty clear that the vast majority of Americans have already made up their minds by now, and if the Trump campaign is hoping this will bring them sympathy from any voters that aren't part of his base, I think they're fooling themselves. Just look at how many people have spent the day a) mocking Trump for getting sick and even outright celebrating it, or b) questioning whether or not they can believe he's actually sick.

On the other hand, considering Trump's campaign's refusing to back down, and considering how they pulled no punches both in 2016 and now, I also totally get and can't disagree with the whole, "Screw being polite and classy, just let him and the party have it" attitude, too. As I said above, he brought this sickness on himself, and it's a sickness he's put others at risk of getting, and he's still got a ton of damage and death on his hands. We shouldn't ignore al of that in some admirable yet iffy decision to be "polite and respectful". People were cheering Biden for finally telling Trump to shut up at the debate the other night, so I don't think many would complain too much here, either.

Bigger picture has our country been in such deep shit since what, Cuban Missile Crisis ?

The POTUS is infected with a deadly virus. The US Gov has been auctioned off and whatever is left is run by complete morons and suck ups.

We have Mike Pence next in line, but even scarier is that Jared has basically been the acting President for years.

Our guard isn’t even down, it’s non existent.

And we haven’t even hit colder temps yet and a second wave

Kellyanne Conway also attended that Rose Garden event. Her daughter posted on Tik Tok today that Kellyanne is “coughing all over the house”.

I kind of find it difficult to believe he isn't having some of the more severe symptoms of Covid if they are giving him quite a lot of different treatments at once as the treatments themselves come with the potential for their own side effects and issues (especially since the combinations have likely not got a great amount of data on their use together).

Remdesivir can cause liver toxicity for instance (and yellowing of the skin which he doesnt need anymore of), they dont come without their own costs, so to give the cocktail when he is supposedly having very mild symptoms doesn't seem like great medical practice.

I hope he has health insurance because looking at his tax returns, Walter Reed won't see a cent for the treatment costs. (putting a ;) for good measure)

And of course he would: [TWEET]1312163613096853506[/TWEET]

[tweet]1312220248553271298[/tweet]
tenor.gif

Shoot. Fell for it because it seemed like everyone was always housed at Trump golf resorts for anything. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom