US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Trump says they will begin their quarantine process! Translation: I can’t go to the one debate where I can’t scream over everyone.

I know this isn’t right, but he truly deserves to have Covid. I think we know that if he tests positive we will never know. Unless he has to be hospitalized, which would be a shame. A real shame. I know I know it’s not right. But he’s killed 200,000 people. Trying to keep perspective.

Oh, god, please, let this be a sign of what's to come...

OOF.

And yet not a single one of these assholes have made an attempt to move away from him. You almost have to admire their willingness to go down with the ship.

Eh, hey, at least it'll spare us all having to listen to them bend over backwards to talk about how they totally weren't 100% behind Trump during his time in office and how they did try and stand up to him, he just didn't listen and blah, blah, blah.

They want to stand by him to the bitter end, fine. They can face all the same consequences he faces, then.

I don’t care about him being coy. I’ve heard too much “hehe suckers” from the other side so I’ve kinda given up on politicians ever being good people. I just want the republicans to pay for the disgusting society they’ve created.

Agreed on your last sentence especially.

I've already mentioned how I would handle the judge situation, but yeah, if the Democrats have to go hard and do something drastic to fix the mess this administration left behind, do it. If the right has a problem with that, well, tough. They don't get to complain.

Just spitballing here. But Trump has already taken the rapid test. If he was negative, would that not have already been announced by the WH or him on Twitter?

tenor.gif

It affects virtually nobody, guys.

It’s also really hard not to view this as some kind of stupid conspiracy from a WH that governs on the basis of conspiracies.

Donald Trump was in the same room as Joe Biden for 1.5 hours (and fuck the fake ass 6 foot number that’s just the average height of a human rounded). So, maybe acting presidential candidate versus acting President.

True, it's not impossible.

They'll have to establish a timeline now: Get everyone tested who was at the debate venue. Figure out when each person may have contracted the virus to see if they were already likely spreaders at the time of the debate.

The word Schadenfreude is trending and the tweets are not in German. :hmm:

In sadder world news: Baba Sheikh, the spiritual leader of the Yezidi has passed away. Had he not back in 2014 issued a declaration that women and girls who returned from ISIS captivity, no matter what (may have) happened to them, must be accepted back to the community, it would have spelt doom for thousands of survivors (which is not to say that every Yezidi followed his proclamation).

https://twitter.com/NadiaMuradBasee/status/1311761711603556357

I hope he dies! [emoji4]

I don't want him to die but it really needs to be an at least somewhat serious case. If it's just a bit of the sniffles he'll be on stage and tell everyone it's even less serious than the flu. Nothing to worry about it like he always said, take off your masks and get on with it. Ugh

I want him on a ventilator, or at least completely incapacitated and spewing that he can’t get on tv.

There’s what, 33 days until the election? A 14 day quarantine leaves him with 19 days to campaign. Too bad. October bringing the surprise early.

A family member of mine, who is a huge Trump supporter & conspiracy theory believing yada yada.. you get the idea.. posted earlier on FB today about how the virus is a hoax and that we should all just stop wearing masks already.

God this was such perfect timing.

Uggghhhh I just lost this whole complicated post . damn it! :angry::angry::angry:
Not going through that again right now, tomorrow.

Sending )))Health Protection Vibes((( to Biden & Dr. Jill and their debate travel team.
Hoping that innocent folks outside of WH will not get sick w these possible super spreaders Donnie, Melania, and Hicks walking out and about..

More tomorrow. Stay Safe, FYM'rs!

No, it will not garner sympathy on a level that swings the election. The reaction has not been especially sympathetic outside of conservative corners. And why would it be? If you knowingly spread misinformation to toe the party line, putting the lives of millions in jeopardy, there is no defending you.

Boris Johnson had not spent 6 months openly mocking the virus before he was infected. Trump's brand is built on it.

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1311920391842078725?s=21

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1311921747319566337?s=21

I don’t know what to believe with this administration. Could it all be a lie and trying to rally around the flag moment ?

Even if true does it swing the election out of sympathy or enable more cheating from GOP ?

While I don't believe it to be untrue, it didn't stop my mind from thinking how it could be a tactic, but for a different outcome: According to reports, Trump is acutely aware that things look grim regarding his reelection. Of course he can't stand losing. So a Covid infection would create a path out of it: Claim the infection impaired his health with long-term consequences and it would render him unable to govern for a second term.

Of course Q is more creative: https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1311905899846524929

Only in Trump world do we find out that the President has a potentially deadly virus from a tweet he posted at almost 1 am.

I assume that's how it happened. I saw the news about Hope Hicks last night, they said nothing about the Trumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom