US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted yesterday about Biden saying
"old, tired, feeble"

So, yeah, he looks old. A bit tired - if he was that tired he couldn't have smiled as much as he did.
Feeble? Er, no.

Someone pointed out on DU that -
with Drumph's extreme narcissisim that Biden's smiling at him got Drumph angrier. Thus showing more people how easily he could become unhinged.

:wave: hey dab

Any good astrophotography lately -
don't forget the other thread for that :D

Hey hey Dazzle! Haven’t done much these days but I just bought myself a new telescope! I’ll see if I can post a video of it on the other thread! It’s been either way too Smokey here because of the wildfires or too rainy (which thank god cleared the smoke). How are you doing my friend??

The Republican Party has been a national embarrassment since at least 1999. Maybe 1994.
If you're separating normal "yea I disagree with your policy but don't think you're the cause of the end of the american experiment" Republicans from, ya know, this... I'd highlight these moments

- Reagan revoking the Fairness Doctrine
- Buchanan challenging Pappy Bush
- Newt and the Contract with America
- Clinton's telecommunications bill and the repeal of Glass - Steagall
- Citizen's United
- The tea party
- Palin

So Biden is doing a train tour, Harris is out in battlegrounds. Anyone else find it weird that surrogates aren't out doing any events? Even just small socially distanced ones that would at least get local coverage.

Bernie could be in NV, MN, MI... Amy could be in MN, WI, IA... Beto in TX... Castro in TX, Tim Ryan in OH...

This whole, we will do anything and fight harder than ever to defeat Trump talk hasn't really been followed up on.

So Biden is doing a train tour, Harris is out in battlegrounds. Anyone else find it weird that surrogates aren't out doing any events? Even just small socially distanced ones that would at least get local coverage.

Bernie could be in NV, MN, MI... Amy could be in MN, WI, IA... Beto in TX... Castro in TX, Tim Ryan in OH...

This whole, we will do anything and fight harder than ever to defeat Trump talk hasn't really been followed up on.

I think everything is going fantastically.

If you're separating normal "yea I disagree with your policy but don't think you're the cause of the end of the american experiment" Republicans from, ya know, this... I'd highlight these moments

- Citizen's United
- The tea party
- Palin

Dan Quayle's gotta be in that list somewhere, too.

(Seriously, one would think the party would've learned after the embarrassments that were Quayle and Palin, but nope, apparently their takeaway from those two was that they really needed and wanted to keep doubling down on the stupid and the crazy.)

Someone posted yesterday about Biden saying
"old, tired, feeble"

So, yeah, he looks old. A bit tired - if he was that tired he couldn't have smiled as much as he did.

I mean, I'd look old and tired, too, if I had some jackass constantly screaming in my ear and ranting incoherently.

I don't think most folks care what surrogates will have to say frankly, so I doubt it has any serious bearing on things. They want to hear from the candidates directly.

I don't think most folks care what surrogates will have to say frankly, so I doubt it has any serious bearing on things. They want to hear from the candidates directly.

I think the biggest four would be Bernie, Amy, Castro and Beto

I really do think that people do care what they say. Bernie was strong in NV, moderates and soft R's would listen to Amy in MN and possibly IA. And Castro and Beto do have influence in TX.

I understand it's not a game changer, but they could edge over a small percentage in states that Biden needs to hold and he doesn't have to go there. It could be the difference in places like IA and TX.

I have seen Bernie on some talk shows, but the msnbc and most of the cnn crowd are what needs to be swayed. And I think Bernie would be better in certain states. The national audience of undecideds see him as just what Trump is labeling him and Biden as.

I agree with that. For me personally Beto is a big no too, his way of speaking is so off putting. Carnival barker. On the other hand, I really enjoy Bernie's get off my lawn yelling. Go figure.

Jill Biden does a very good job campaigning.

Honestly in the time of COVID the last place I'd prioritize going would be some sort of campaign event/rally, with the candidate or the surrogates. This isn't 2008 when you could go with tens of thousands of people and get a free Springsteen show out of it on top of seeing Obama.

Honestly in the time of COVID the last place I'd prioritize going would be some sort of campaign event/rally, with the candidate or the surrogates. This isn't 2008 when you could go with tens of thousands of people and get a free Springsteen show out of it on top of seeing Obama.

I agree. Of course Trump made fun of his circles a few nights ago(and his masks), but Joe Biden's events that he's holding are extremely responsible. That's why he has the small crowds that orange manbaby makes fun of.

Jill Biden does a very good job campaigning.

Yes, and I'd rather hear her take on Joe than Amy Klobuchar or Bernie's, she obviously knows him better.
She'll make a much more fitting first lady than Melania. She won't be skeeved out by her own husband and avoid holding his hand, and she's intelligent and will be a great presence in the role.

:crack:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

1h

I won the debate big, based on compilation of polls etc. Thank you!
Compilation of polls:

Kushner: "Hey Dad, you have 38% support in one poll and 42% in another"
Trump: "38 plus 42, that's 74% support, I'm gonna win bigly"
Kushner: "Ivanka wants an extra $100,000 this week, can we have a check?"

First full post debate poll.

Change Research - Sept. 29-30th. Biden +13

Last one by this pollster was Sept. 18-20th. Biden +9

YouGov and Ispos had two national polls yesterday that were taken within the debate timeframe.

YouGov - Sept. 27-30th. Biden +8

Last one by this pollster was Sept. 21-23rd. Biden +5

Ispos - Sept 25-29th. Biden +9

Last Ispos poll Sept. 18-22nd was Biden +6

I did not expect to see this fast of an effect. and it may not be all about the debate, and it may be all three polls are just shifts within the margin of error and mean nothing. But maybe not. We will have to look for a similar trend over the next few days to see if this sticks.
So far in the last two days, Biden's 538 average has gone from 7.1 to 7.9

Hey hey Dazzle! Haven’t done much these days but I just bought myself a new telescope! I’ll see if I can post a video of it on the other thread! It’s been either way too Smokey here because of the wildfires or too rainy (which thank god cleared the smoke). How are you doing my friend??

Oh, dear, the fire amoke! :(

Holding my own, w bouts of extra fear and tiredness bc of drumph, and CV. Good dristractions with on line movies, TV, books, talking w fam & friends (we get serious, too). Hopefully more crafts and art, plus as summer heat goes away time to try being the good cook I once was! Mostly staying in.

And hanging out on Democratic voter sites. Just joined Twitter to follow favorite
journalists/polititical talk peoole, plus Science, Nature, Crafts etc

How's your apt?

- Citizen's United
- The tea party
- Palin
Ugh... I remember it all.

Dan Quayle's gotta be in that list somewhere, too.

(Seriously, one would think the party would've learned after the embarrassments that were Quayle and Palin, but nope, apparently their takeaway from those two was that they really needed and wanted to keep doubling down on the stupid and the crazy.)
Oh....Dan Quayle! :lol:

I mean, I'd look old and tired, too, if I had some jackass constantly screaming in my ear and ranting incoherently.
:laugh:

:crack:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

1h

I won the debate big, based on compilation of polls etc. Thank you!

Riiiiight, Donnie Delusional... :huh::|

First full post debate poll.

Change Research - Sept. 29-30th. Biden +13

Last one by this pollster was Sept. 18-20th. Biden +9

YouGov and Ispos had two national polls yesterday that were taken within the debate timeframe.

YouGov - Sept. 27-30th. Biden +8

Last one by this pollster was Sept. 21-23rd. Biden +5

Ispos - Sept 25-29th. Biden +9

Last Ispos poll Sept. 18-22nd was Biden +6

I did not expect to see this fast of an effect. and it may not be all about the debate, and it may be all three polls are just shifts within the margin of error and mean nothing. But maybe not. We will have to look for a similar trend over the next few days to see if this sticks.
So far in the last two days, Biden's 538 average has gone from 7.1 to 7.9
The SC nominee, the tax revelation, the debate, it all adds up. Been a rough week for Trump, no matter what he claims on Twitter.

uh-oh.

Trump just lost super asshole Scott Adams. this very wealthy white man was personally harmed when Trump refused to denounce white supremacy, and instead encouraged it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom