US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if a poll is an outlier [emoji55]

I do and I don't. I guess, the biggest negative, is that you get the media jumping on something like Biden going from 9.2 to 6.4 in the RCP avg.!!!
When Rasumssen and Trafalger or HarrisX come out with frequent polls that are always outliers to the right. (HarrisX with some exception).
When if you took them out of the mix, There was no substantial tightening. It begins a narrative that Trump is on the Rise! When in fact he isnt'.

Trafalger has done two MN polls out of about 5 in the last couple months, and they show the race tied there. Which pretty much makes those polls way out of whack.

On the flip side. I guess it could be helpful to keep Biden in the 8.5 to 9 range, instead of the 10+ range so that Dems don't get too comfortable.

The strangest polling has probably come from CNN. I think it went Biden +14., Biden +5, Biden +12, Biden +4 over the last 4 months. Which is really worse than Rasmussen. At least you know Rass. will be consistently a right outlier. CNN, you just almost have to ignore completely.

It’s okay, I’m sure the defense is already saying “improperly trained” as the officer holds his gun like a gang member.

Nothing to see here folks, it’s not a gang if you have a shiny badge, right??!!?

Fox News EXCLUSIVE: More than two-dozen former Republican members of Congress threw their support behind a “Republicans for Biden” effort being launched Monday by the Democratic presidential nominee's campaign to engage potential GOP supporters this November.

The announcement comes on the first day of the Republican National Convention, as delegates prepare to formally re-nominate President Trump on Monday.

In their respective convention agendas, each party has sought to showcase converted supporters. Joe Biden's list of Republican supporters, shared first with Fox News, includes a number of well-known Trump critics, most notably former GOP Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona.

Last fall, he penned an op-ed urging lawmakers to abandon the president and save their "souls," as he backed impeachment. He's since said he won't vote for Trump, but had held off on a formal Biden endorsement until now.

Some others on the list had already backed the former vice president, including former Republican Sens. Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire (who is now an independent) and John Warner of Virginia. They're joined by a number of former Republican House members:

Former Reps. Steve Bartlett of Texas, Bill Clinger of Pennsylvania, Tom Coleman of Missouri, Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, Charles Djou of Hawaii, Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland, Jim Greenwood of Pennsylvania, Bob Inglis of South Carolina, Jim Kolbe of Arizona, Steve Kuykendall of California, Ray LaHood of Illinois (who served as Transportation secretary in the Obama administration), Jim Leach of Iowa, Connie Morella of Maryland, Mike Parker of Mississippi, Jack Quinn of New York, Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island, Chris Shays of Connecticut, Peter Smith of Vermont, Alan Steelman of Texas, Bill Whitehurst of Virginia, Dick Zimmer of New Jersey, and Jim Walsh of New York.

Before and after of Melania's "renovation" of the WH Rose Garden. Gee, I much prefer the before. Supposedly it was financed by donations.

Guess it has to appear that she's doing something as First Lady other than being best.

EgDMwalUcAAxkOA.jpg

EgCkLVeWoAAxSLF.jpg

The Conway family situation is very sad, hope it gets better.

Everything around Trump turns to crap eventually, he's toxic.

Honestly I consider them both to be shitty parents - a kid (of 15) doesn’t decide to get emancipated and/or run away overnight. It’s weeks and months of family hell and discord that either went unnoticed or ignored.

The Conway family situation is very sad, hope it gets better.

Everything around Trump turns to crap eventually, he's toxic.

It sounds like there were issues before Trump administration. I hope they get their house in order.

I never liked them playing both sides. George and Kellyanne were both the same persona. Grifters.

Honestly I consider them both to be shitty parents - a kid (of 15) doesn’t decide to get emancipated and/or run away overnight. It’s weeks and months of family hell and discord that either went unnoticed or ignored.

Yes of course. She doesn't agree with her father's politics either, and she said she'd like AOC to adopt her.

Being 15 is difficult enough these days. Being 15 in that family, even more difficult. Not for me to judge, but perhaps both parents put politics and their careers above their own family.

I still maintain that Trump is a jinx, and I'm sticking with that:p

It’s weeks and months of family hell and discord that either went unnoticed or ignored.

Probably years.
George's only job is to keep her off the pole, and he's way behind the 8-ball on that task. Hopefully both parents getting out of the current political muck can be the right tonic for their daughter.

The only thing to come out of this Conway mess that's of any value is that at least we know the whole thing isn't some sort of Trump team developed rouse.

The rest? On a human level I certainly hope they can get their daughter the help she probably needs, but besides that, I could really care less about their personal lives.

Trump jinx at work again

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Jerry Falwell Jr., currently on a leave of absence as the leader of evangelical Liberty University, has released a statement saying that he is seeking help for the “emotional toll” from an affair his wife had with a man who he says later threatened his family.

Falwell issued a lengthy statement to The Washington Examiner on Sunday, publicly disclosing the affair and saying the man involved had been threatening to reveal the relationship “to deliberately embarrass my wife, family, and Liberty University unless we agreed to pay him substantial monies.”

“Over the course of the last few months this person’s behavior has reached a level that we have decided the only way to stop this predatory behavior is to go public,” the statement said.

Falwell, an early and ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, has been on an indefinite leave since early August as president and chancellor of the Lynchburg university founded by his late father, the Rev. Jerry Falwell Sr. He stepped down after an uproar sparked by a photo he posted on social media that showed him with his pants unzipped, stomach exposed and arm high around the waist of a woman who was not his wife. Falwell has said the photo was taken at a costume party during a family vacation.

In his statement, Falwell said he and his wife met the man she had an affair with during a vacation over eight years ago. The man was working at the hotel where the Falwells stayed, the statement said.

“Shortly thereafter, Becki had an inappropriate personal relationship with this person, something in which I was not involved – it was nonetheless very upsetting to learn about,” Falwell said in the statement. He declined further comment when reached Monday.

The statement did not identify the person, but The Examiner identified him as Giancarlo Granda, whose ties to the Falwells have been documented in news stories over several years by numerous media outlets.

Granda, who could not immediately be reached by The Associated Press, told The Examiner “any allegation of extortion is falsely, defamatory and belied by clear documentary evidence.”

Granda’s connection to the Falwells dates to 2012, and the following year he took on partial ownership of a hostel in Miami’s party-friendly South Beach neighborhood that was purchased by members of the Falwell family, according to multiple media reports. That business transaction, itself a surprising move for the president of a conservative evangelical university, sparked legal jostling over ownership that later involved Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and fixer.

Cohen divulged in recordings first reported by Reuters last year that he helped the Falwells handle an issue surrounding personal photographs of Becki Falwell that the family wished to regain possession of.

Nonetheless, what has become known as the “pool boy” story surrounding Falwell — Granda worked as a pool attendant in Miami — is just one of the multiple factors Liberty’s board must examine as it prepares to decide on his future at the school.

Liberty’s general counsel, David Corry, who acts as a spokesman for Liberty’s board, said the group had no comment beyond a statement issued Friday. In that statement, the board said that the decision on whether or not to retain Falwell had not yet been made.

Falwell said he was seeking mental health counseling amid the “trauma” of the situation and that he remains “fully devoted” to his wife.

The statement said that “while her indiscretion may have been more obvious and apparent, I realized that there were important smaller things I needed to do better too.”

The only thing to come out of this Conway mess that's of any value is that at least we know the whole thing isn't some sort of Trump team developed rouse.

The rest? On a human level I certainly hope they can get their daughter the help she probably needs, but besides that, I could really care less about their personal lives.

George and Kellyanne know the game. They have played it a long time. And she has been part of the ugliest campaign and now the most harmful administration ever. I grew tired of their good cop (George), Bad cop (Kelly) routine right away.

Because of her constantly lying, law breaking, smugness, it wouldn’t shock me that this family episode is the final act to clear her name if Trump is removed. People will forget all the damage she’s been a part of because she gave up her career to save her family.

Of course this drama could very well be real, and from a humane level i hope if they are truly struggling they find peace. It also shows what a place of privilege they come from where both parents can quit their job during a pandemic and recession to take care of family. Millions would love to be able to have one parent free to do so.

I hate that my mind goes towards the doubt of this story but she’s never told the truth on anything. She’s defended ripping children from their parents, so i struggle to really empathize when hers is falling apart

Spoiler Alert. You can safely skip the next 4 days.

Police are the greatest, no problems there.
Crime and black people will overrun your cities with Biden
Biden is a radical leftest

there ya go.

Apparently New York State has filed a new lawsuit against Trump Org today

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1297928784096694273?s=19

No word on what it's about yet.

Also, after years of seeing right wing trolls abuse the word, it's incredibly ironic and delicious that the leader of american evangelism is, in fact, an actual cuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom