US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't think Trump's supporters even care if he was calling them disgusting.

Most have mirrors, they know.

blacksfortrump_fb.jpg

Damn it. This is awful. R.I.P.

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Less than two months to the election, four months to inauguration if Biden wins.

Is that enough time? Is there anything that can be done?

I mean, I'd bet there's a few GOP senators - like Collins, Graham - who wouldn't be wild about making a vote like this when they're in tight races. And if that means they have to wait until after the election and try a lame-duck appointment, that would be very rushed.

Damn it. This is awful. R.I.P.

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Less than two months to the election, four months to inauguration if Biden wins.

Is that enough time? Is there anything that can be done?

I mean, I'd bet there's a few GOP senators - like Collins, Graham - who wouldn't be wild about making a vote like this when they're in tight races. And if that means they have to wait until after the election and try a lame-duck appointment, that would be very rushed.
There's zero question they'll push it through.

Zero.

I suspect that McConnell won't be able to simply reverse the rules he set down back in 2016 without some kind of reasonable explanation.

Not that there could be one.

There's zero question they'll push it through.

Zero.

If they push it through before the election, it’s a nuclear option that will flip the senate for sure. If the writing is on the wall, they might sacrifice the Collins of this world.

If they wait until the lame duck / god forbid it’s not a lame duck, they might disappoint their base but that would be the longterm option.

My guess is the only way they don’t push it through is if Trump is ballsy enough to stop it and pretend like he’s reaching across the isle (knowing fine well he will won the election or something)

Forum keeps eating my posts...

She was a true icon - one of the greats of my profession, and an inspiration for women. She was like a superwoman at a very young age and an even bigger one late in life. She’d be irreplaceable even in the best of times. And we are living through the worst of times.

The Republicans will show us just what ghouls they are. Headache is 100% correct - they will replace her with a hack EVEN IF it costs them the election.

The Democrats need to grow 1/10 of a spine that she had and run on a platform of packing the courts. I feel like Kamala Harris is absolutely capable of articulating this and following through. Biden, I’m afraid will be a stickler for some antiquated notion of tradition and getting along.

Trump already has said he will be putting forth a nominee in the next few days. He never even gave condolences before announcing that.

I'm just feeling so empty right now. It will be during the lame duck session. No question. Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK

Some quotes from Notorious RBG

"Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time."

"So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune."
"Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one's ability to persuade."

"When a thoughtless or unkind word is spoken, best tune out."

"Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you."

"You can't have it all, all at once."

"I'm a very strong believer in listening and learning from others."

"In the course of a marriage, one accommodates the other"

"In every good marriage, it helps sometimes to be a little deaf."

"A gender line...helps to keep women not on a pedestal, but in a cage."

"If you want to be a true professional, do something outside yourself."

"Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true."

"Don't be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time."

"You can disagree without being disagreeable."

"If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me."

"Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception."

"I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom