US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1305840009275113474?s=21

This is a crazy read but these people have are the base of the President and GOP.

Roger Stone
Michael Caputo

We have millions of people being brainwashed that liberals, BLM, Antifa, Biden are all part of the deep state cabal kidnapping babies, killing them for their precious blood to appease Satan or Karl Marx. Not sure.

It’s grown from the internet to protests, and to actual real violence.

The more these people believe they are threatened the more crazy they will get. They are holding on to a belief that their lives are in danger, and probably the worst part i think is they are armed to the teeth.

Maybe I’m being an alarmist but these people keep showing us and telling us exactly who they are and what they will do. I cringe to think when there’s violence the narrative being “How did this happen? What have we become??”

Not for nothing? We never dealt with the anti-government militia threat when it reared its ugly head in the 90s. We got distracted with islamic terror and let it just sit back and ferment for 25 years. Now it's back and it's mainstream.

Oklahoma City? Olympic Park? The FBI warned about white supremacists infiltrating law enforcement in 2006. Nothing was done.

Now it's everywhere - at the highest levels of government - in our local law enforcement - and it's enhanced by social media and supercharged by foreign intelligence operations.

Speaking of white supremacists. While the media questioned - no- more like concluded that Kenosha was going to hurt Biden, he has actually gained over 2 points in WI after Kenosha/rotten house. And a almost 2 points in neighboring MN.

Last edited:
Speaking of white supremacists. While the media questioned - no- more like concluded that Kenosha was going to hurt Biden, he has actually gained over 2 points in WI after Kenosha/rotten house. And a almost 2 points in neighboring MN.

I’m always happy to be wrong like this.

However, it may not win him points overall, but it may inspire the rurals to vote with more intensity than expected. So I’d watch this space. But I’m relieved that it seems like folks in WI are watching that situation with at least a modicum of nuance.

I’m always happy to be wrong like this.

However, it may not win him points overall, but it may inspire the rurals to vote with more intensity than expected. So I’d watch this space. But I’m relieved that it seems like folks in WI are watching that situation with at least a modicum of nuance.

Biden's numbers with seniors in this WI poll is really high. Something like 60-36 or something like that.
So possibly the Atlantic article and Woodward tapes pissed off some more seniors.

And the good part is that it now is looking like MN, WI, and MI are pretty much safe. PA and FL have to be his full time focus now.

CORDOVA, TN—Praying that the Lord Almighty would help her understand the recent whistleblower reports about Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s treatment of migrant detainees, conservative evangelical woman Melissa Carson reportedly asked God Tuesday to give her strength to incorporate forced hysterectomies into her belief system. “Lord, show me how the forced removal of the uterus from multiple imprisoned women is evidence of our salvation by grace alone,” said the devout evangelical woman, scanning her Bible for a verse or two that might offer a reason for why ICE-affiliated physicians were performing hysterectomies on detained women, many of whom did not speak English and were not given information or choice about the procedures. “I know I’m asking an awful lot of you, Lord, but my religion teaches me that all life is sacred, and although I know you move in mysterious ways, I confess I am confused as to how forced hysterectomies fit into that. You are just testing me, Lord, and I know that, but I am going to need a little bit of divine help to understand this one.” At press time, Carson was praising the Lord for his guidance after remembering that the hysterectomies were completely justified because President Donald Trump was a divine being simply carrying out God’s will

https://www.theonion.com/conservati...4CwX4UcUTacg7SCuTgqJ7Ci71-uPWRc9FsbamVsWkAc5I

Thy will be done.

Trump:
Biden never followed through with his national mask mandate. He never did it. :|
:mad: :mad: :gah: :gah: :gah:

...sputters... lying sack o'shites manuever like this is
Alice-through-the-level stuff!
Biden had/s no control of this (which we [almost] all agree on, and know)... except his followers are too Stupid or Beholden or BOTH?! :gah:

At least to me this is one of his worst lies Ever.
I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's a new level of absurbity?!

•Caputo is out completely. He actually did some kind of work for Yelsen and Putin previously, I just found out. Talk about a meltdown.

•Heard an interview with one of the nurses at that Georgia ICE detention center Tues. :shudders: :crack:
Omg this hideous Mengila wanna be?!!

•I had no idea about the ethic tribal strife in Eitheopia, let alone this Ruwanda like explosion of violence stoked by media. :yikes:

I knew I was forgetting something
•The fires in the PNW and some SW. Those red and orange skies! The breathing problems. The devastation with Dumb, Dumb Donnie denying Climate Change! Aarrrrrgggggggg!

ok
>>>> Now let me pass on some postive news...

It's ridiculously late so I can't remember which State, though I'm almost positive bc of the context it's a Swing State - there were 175,000 more Democratic voters who Didn't vote in 2016 that have now requested Absentee Ballots!

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/jmhorowitz78/status/1306251780565671944?s=21

Not surprising. Our attention spans are shorter than goldfish. My assumption is that most folk assumed the protests were neat and important but now that the movement had its spotlight its time to move back on to something, anything else.

The shooting in Los Angeles and if any others happen will not help the cause (not that it’s fair but the Right wing is very good at fear mongering)

The violence, looting, attacks on police officers, etc. are all bad for business. Nobody wants to see that. There were massive protests in Lancaster, PA over the shooting of a man who charged at the officer with a knife raised over his head. That's not going to win over the hearts and minds and is playing right into Trump's hands.

Speaking of that incident

I’m curious how the defund police movement would have handled it

There’s a call about a domestic dispute / fight. In this new defunded world, we send a healthcare worker or social worker to investigate?

In this same exact scenario the guy comes charging out with a knife. What does this unarmed worker do to protect themselves ?

I’m not saying a gun is the right answer but this cop’s life was in danger.

Same thing has happened here in San Diego. Police use deadly force when attacked and protesters show up immediately and harass the police department

Rushing to judgement and resorting to your own violence isn’t going to win the movement over.

Speaking of that incident

I’m curious how the defund police movement would have handled it

There’s a call about a domestic dispute / fight. In this new defunded world, we send a healthcare worker or social worker to investigate?

In this same exact scenario the guy comes charging out with a knife. What does this unarmed worker do to protect themselves ?

I’m not saying a gun is the right answer but this cop’s life was in danger.

Same thing has happened here in San Diego. Police use deadly force when attacked and protesters show up immediately and harass the police department

Rushing to judgement and resorting to your own violence isn’t going to win the movement over.

No. Biden answered this a long time ago when it was first coming about. He said that his daughter is a social worker or something. And he doesn't want her to be the only one showing up on the scene of some violent domestic dispute. But what he wants to see is having cops come, follow set rules of excessive force. But also have trained social or mental health workers to possibly be there, or at least then follow up with the victim and get them the help and support they need. Possibly the abuser as well. Now we would lock the abuser up, which is good. But then just do nothing, think prison will teach them a lesson (it doesn't) and then they back to abusing.

The over arching theme on defund the police is really - reallocate funds more wisely to actually help to avoid cycles of violence, crime and abuse. So shifting funds from military gear and vehicles to having a much larger social and community resource area to actually "serve and protect and not just arrest, jail or shoot.

Obviously this doesn't work in all situations, but a lot of what cops deal with day to day.

The violence, looting, attacks on police officers, etc. are all bad for business. Nobody wants to see that. There were massive protests in Lancaster, PA over the shooting of a man who charged at the officer with a knife raised over his head. That's not going to win over the hearts and minds and is playing right into Trump's hands.

But they’re all pieces of shit, headache. You must know this by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom