US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2020, 02:46 PM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Huge polling day so far. Here are National numbers just from today

Ipsos - Biden +7

YouGov - Biden +11

IBD/TIPP - Biden +8

USC Dornsife - Biden +9

Rasmussen Reports/Pulse - Biden +4 (Up 3 from last poll)

Suffolk University - Biden +7

Quinnipiac University - Biden +10

Qriously - Biden +5

Selzer & Co. - Biden +8

Opinium - Biden +14

So Biden's average just from today is +8.3

The 538 average sits at the same place as the RCP average right now with Biden +7.5

We will probably see him fairly steady for a while since so many polls came in at once, but the next big group will be post labor day, probably towards the 14th to get them completed and released.

From what I'm seeing nationally, there really hasn't been much tightening. I would say about a point. He had hit lows of 7.7 in late July and 7.6 in early to mid August. And now he's at 7.5. So still pretty steady, but just riding a bit lower than that nice 8 to 9 point avg he was enjoying through late June into the start of the conventions.

A disappointing state poll from Monmouth in PA. Biden +4. So definitely concerning there.
I think the 45 million dollar ad buy this week is going to be money well spent.

A couple other state polls by Opinium. Not a pollster I'm familiar with, but seems to be left leaning.

WI - Biden +13
FL - Biden +7

That's all for now. Fox will probably be releasing some state polls this evening.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done in CA, huge mistake. Typical politician, the rules don't apply to her. And talk about giving Trump and GOP tons of ammunition. Unreal

Old 09-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Let’s say that this is true. That she willingly disobeyed mandate and good faith by not wearing one

The entire GOP and Trump position during this pandemic up until two weeks ago has been anti mask.

The Dems can never win against this bullshit. Even if Nancy said fuck it, she made one mistake and now she should be removed from Congress!! (Some on the Dems side probably welcome that, I’d be indifferent maybe even lean towards her leaving)

The Trump party breaks every law and no consequence, and they never apologize.

Because of that they appear to do nothing wrong, but pounce on liberals when they misspeak of have a lapse in judgement.

It’s so tiring.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Trump campaign saying that this whole law and order deal is working!!!

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/s...60595727814662

Check out the results from a very important question.

All adults

Will violence get better or worse if Trump is elected?

56% it will get worse
18% it will get better

Less than half of Repubs think it will get better!

So it may be that we will see the more Trump goes down this road, and the more forcefully and pointedly that Biden rebuts it and asks the series of questions ending with - Do you really feel safe in Trump's America? Things could start to get worse for Trump.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

It's not just about the mask, it's about salons there not even being allowed to open. It's blatant hypocrisy. She's calling out Trump all the time and rightfully so. But she's so wealthy and powerful that she's way out of touch. Flaunting it, like she did with her fancy refrigerator. We will never get anywhere if we always but the emails about Democrats and their hypocrisy.

Blow drying is against the rules in CA too. She can't wash and blow dry her own hair? It's about her integrity and credibility.

EXCLUSIVE: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited a San Francisco hair salon on Monday afternoon for a wash and blow-out, despite local ordinances keeping salons closed amid the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News has learned.

In security footage obtained by Fox News, and timestamped Monday at 3:08 p.m. Pacific Time, the California powerhouse is seen walking through ESalonSF in San Francisco with wet hair, and without a mask over her mouth or nose.

The stylist doing her hair can be seen following her wearing a black face mask.

Salons in San Francisco had been closed since March and were only notified they could reopen on Sept. 1 for outdoor hairstyling services only.

'I am sharing this because of what everyone in my industry and my city ... is going through right now.'

— Salon owner Erica Kious

President Trump reacted in a tweet Wednesday: "Crazy Nancy Pelosi is being decimated for having a beauty parlor opened, when all others are closed, and for not wearing a Mask - despite constantly lecturing everyone else. We will almost certainly take back the House, and send Nancy packing!"

Salon owner Erica Kious, in a phone interview with Fox News on Tuesday, shared details of Pelosi’s visit. Kious explained she has independent stylists working for her who rent chairs in her salon.

“One of the stylists who rents a chair from me contacted me Sunday night,” Kious said.

A screengrab of the text message she received from one of her stylists, and obtained by Fox News, said: “I’ll be there at 2:45 tomorrow. Pelosi assistant just messaged me to do her hair.”

Kious replied: “Pelosi?”

A text message from a hairstylist to Erica Kious, salon owner, that he would open the salon to provide House Speaker Nancy Pelosi services.

A text message from a hairstylist to Erica Kious, salon owner, that he would open the salon to provide House Speaker Nancy Pelosi services.
“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she "can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

Kious cast Pelosi’s visit as a double standard.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

“We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right?” Kious said. “It is just disturbing.”

Asked for comment, Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill maintained that the speaker was following the rules as presented to her.

“The Speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements. This business offered for the Speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business. The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment,” he said.

But the owner pushed back.

Kious said Pelosi received a wash and a blow-dry, but told Fox News that “you’re not supposed to blow dry hair” according to coronavirus safety precautions for hair salons.

“We have been shut down for so long, not just me, but most of the small businesses and I just can’t – it’s a feeling – a feeling of being deflated, helpless and honestly beaten down,” Kious said.

“I have been fighting for six months for a business that took me 12 years to build to reopen,” she explained. “I am a single mom, I have two small children, and I have no income.”

She added: “The fact that they did this, and she came in, it’s like a slap in the face.”

Kious told Fox News that she had expected to be able to reopen her salon in July, and prepared her space in accordance with local guidelines.

“There were rules and regulations to go by to safely reopen, which I did, but I was still not allowed to open my business,” she said, noting that she installed plexiglass partitions between sinks and seating areas, and ensured that all salon chairs were six feet apart, along with proper air circulation from open windows.

“They never let us open,” she said, while adding that she is unable to reopen outside because her salon specializes in hair color, and using chemicals outside is prohibited.

But Kious said she is not alone in the hardships she has faced amid closures during the coronavirus pandemic.

“This is for everybody,” she said. “I am sharing this because of what everyone in my industry, and my city, what every small business is going through right now.”

Kious told Fox News that she was a recipient of a $12,000 Paycheck Protection Program loan, which was created to help small businesses stay afloat amid the pandemic under the bipartisan CARES Act (which Pelosi backed), but still is forced to shut down her salon for good within the next 30 to 60 days.

“No one can last anymore,” she said. “I have also lost 60 percent of my clientele because everyone is fleeing the city.”

Kious said that the area where her salon is located has turned into “a third world country,” saying that “every other storefront is completely vacant and shut down and boarded up.”

“And because of the shutdown, and the store closures, we’ve lost people, my clients, and my employees, and that is due to the politics in San Francisco,” she said, adding that the homeless population is “everywhere” and “defecating” all over the city.

“It has gotten so extreme,” she said. “It is so night and day from what it was a year ago, that everyone is fleeing.”
Old 09-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

I threw a can of soup through a window-someone has to do a song parody

https://twitter.com/i/status/1300932048299778048
Old 09-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eg3eTnbXcAAaoQp.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	12601
Old 09-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #488
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:20 PM
There was a police involved shooting in Ward 8 here in DC a few hours ago - and even though it seems like the deceased had a gun, things are quite tense.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...261950981?s=21

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/st...110341632?s=21

https://twitter.com/normornstein/sta...607473153?s=21

Gets rids of the EC
Old 09-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #490
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
There was a police involved shooting in Ward 8 here in DC a few hours ago - and even though it seems like the deceased had a gun, things are quite tense.
Hope thing will ease up soon.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:27 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Something is happening in AZ.

Morning Consult poll out on Monday has Biden up 10. That's a 12 point shift from their last poll. I assumed it was an outlier, but Fox News out today, mirrors that with Biden +10.

I'm not sure what's up, but solidifying AZ would be HUGE.

Also, Fox had:

WI - Biden +8
NC - Biden +4

Overall, good swing state polls for the most part for Biden today.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:39 PM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

The Arizona Senate race is helping Biden rather than the other way around. Martha McSally was already rejected once by the people of Arizona and that was well before she crawled so far up Trump‘s ass that she’s coming out of his mouth. Then good ol’ Mitch & co forced her incompetent ass back on them. Mark Kelly is also a good candidate on basically every level and has been a strong fundraiser.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #493
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, putting a loser in a senate seat is a sure way to lose that senate seat. They could’ve gone about that in like... any other way.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #494
Blue Crack Supplier

Heard a NPR or local NYC PR Report saying that 1 out of 5 young Republicans are voting for Biden.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Heard a NPR or local NYC PR Report saying that 1 out of 5 young Republicans are voting for Biden.

So Biden is getting 1 extra vote?
Old 09-03-2020, 12:12 AM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Old 09-03-2020, 12:17 AM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The Arizona Senate race is helping Biden rather than the other way around. Martha McSally was already rejected once by the people of Arizona and that was well before she crawled so far up Trump‘s ass that she’s coming out of his mouth. Then good ol’ Mitch & co forced her incompetent ass back on them. Mark Kelly is also a good candidate on basically every level and has been a strong fundraiser.
Good call. McSally is a MESS! And I can see if you go for Kelly, why the fuck would you cross back over for Trump. I hope this same theory starts to play out in NC.

Also heard there are a very large number of pretty influential republicans that are working behind the scenes to defeat Trump. This is separate from the group of former McCain colleagues that are doing the same thing.
Also possible that Cindy McCain's thing at the DNC helped. Every little bit...
Old 09-03-2020, 01:16 AM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Hey, you never know where 1 vote might effect a district, effecting a county, effecting a State, effecting....

Old 09-03-2020, 01:18 AM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Unfucking real.
I'm guessing there's a pee tape of Barr somewhere.

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/s...90093882335233
Old 09-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done in CA, huge mistake. Typical politician, the rules don't apply to her. And talk about giving Trump and GOP tons of ammunition. Unreal
She's really clueless.
And probably helping Trump's re-election campaign more than anyone on his staff.
Claims she was set up, she's even starting to sound like Trump.