US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #441
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

This is Trumps playbook. Slow down the mail so states can discard ballots arriving after Election Day.

Claim premature victory and have the talking heads plant the lie across the country that Joe should concede since Trump was ahead

Old 09-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #442
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
This voter information is in the public domain.

Part of the Russian interference plan is to flood the airwaves with disinformation. Stuff like this that will be retweeted and posted everywhere but is easily disproven.

This muddies the waters enough that people mostly just look the other way when the real shit comes out. Like, oh, the senate intelligence report.
Very good point

Old 09-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
We are a society who made the Kardashians uber wealthy simply because they happened to know a famous mass murderer and one of them had an abnormally large ass.

We deserve all of this.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/sta...338568192?s=21

Guess it’s moved on from caravans of immigrants to planes full of shadow / antifa figures
Old 09-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #445
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I don't buy into this one completely. Yeah, of course it's Trump's plan to slow it down to cause doubt and raise chances for legal fights. But for the most part, I don't think it will effect the election night count as drastically as is being freaked out about.

So lets just say we have 12 swing states. and I'm being somewhat generous with that estimate by including OH, IA, NV, GA, TX
So the results from the other 38 states are pretty much foregone conclusions.

After that, swing state counting for mail in ballots:

First, all states verify ballots upon receipt, meaning that the mail in's aren't held up by procedure and verification, they are ready to be counted like any other ballot.

AZ - starts counting before election day
CO - starts counting before election day (yes, not a swing state)
NC - starts counting before election day
OH - starts counting before election day
TX - starts counting before election day, but depends on size of district, smaller districts get counted at 7am on election day

WI - starts counting at 7am election day
PA - starts counting at 7am election day
GA - starts counting at 7am election day
NV - starts counting at 7am election day
MI - starts counting before polls close on election day

FL - starts counting after polls close, but mail ins are counted first, then in person votes

So beyond the 38 states that we already know who will win - AZ, NC and OH will be counted early, TX will have a good headstart.

FL is an experienced mail in voting state, so the increase in mail ins will not be as big here. They will almost certainly have results by midnight. But remember that mail ins are counted first, so we will probably see a healthy Biden lead in the early evening, and then see that get eaten away as the night goes on. We just hope it holds.

The leaves:

WI, PA, MI, GA, and NV

3 very important states in there. But it really will boil down to FL, FL, FL. If Biden is announced winning FL by midnight, the rest doesn't really matter. Especially if we know who is winning in AZ and NC. We can also assume that if Biden wins FL, he will most likely carry MI, WI, and PA

Will it be clean and easy. Probably not completely. But I do not think that there is going to be a landslide Trump win on election night and then it gets sorted out days and weeks later.

In fact, we don't really know, other than FL, which ballots get counted first in the states that don't start counting til polls close. Or if they get counted simultaneously with in person ballots.

And i do concede that no matter what happens, Trump is going to be so OFF HIS FUCKING ROCKER INSANE, that he will be filing lawsuits that night before polls even close.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #446
Blue Crack Distributor

Election Day is PTO at work now. May need the day after election day.

Then again, nobody will actually be in the office so who gives a turkey
Old 09-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #447
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Also, just a thought. There is always talk of the "shy Trump voter" in the midwest states. But do you think there may be shy Biden voters in NC, GA and TX??

Also, what are people's thoughts on the NBA arenas being opened up for polling locations. I do think it will increase Dem in person voting. Would be even better if the players were there doing some meet and greet.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:30 PM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/sta...338568192?s=21

Guess it’s moved on from caravans of immigrants to planes full of shadow / antifa figures
Oh LOOK! Here's where Trump got his story about the thugs in black on a plane last week...

Notice the date on the tweet. Also, notice that this gentleman was able to see a tattoo on the arm of a thug that said ANTIFA, while that thug was covered "head to toe in black". Also know this was debunked 2 months ago. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...50617816461312
Old 09-01-2020, 12:35 PM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...19513768804353

As horrible as this is. This is exactly what I knew would happen. The best part - Trump took a literal late election season gift, wrapped in a bow, with Kenosha and the RNC coinciding, and he then opens the gift and takes a shit in it.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If mail-in ballots aren't delivered on time, then how will they be counted? That is the whole point of Trump / USPS dismantling.

There are plenty of states that do not count ballots if they are not received by the state on the date of the election.

He threaded the needle in 2016, and he's looking to do it again in 2020. The margins in the swing states aren't great enough towards Dems to overcome tampering with the mail
Old 09-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

2h
It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!

TheHill.com

President Trump on Tuesday denied that he made an emergency visit to the hospital last year after suffering "a series of mini-strokes" after a new book claimed that Vice President Pence was on standby in the event Trump was incapacitated.

The president's denial raised eyebrows, as the book from New York Times correspondent Michael Schmidt did not specifically state that Trump had suffered from a series of small strokes.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS," Trump tweeted, before insinuating that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden may have dealt with health issues.

Schmidt reported in his new book that Pence was told to be on standby to assume presidential powers last November in the event the president had to be anesthetized during a previously unscheduled visit to Walter Reed Medical Center.

The White House said at the time that Trump had undergone portions of his annual physical exam in November when he had free time, but offered few other details. A White House doctor later issued a letter seeking to dispel speculation that Trump may have had a medical episode.

Trump's health as been a sensitive subject for the president. He has repeatedly cast doubt on Biden's mental fitness and raised questions about whether he has the vigor and energy to be president.

But he has aggressively pushed back whenever his own health is called into question.

The president lashed out at the media over the speculation brought on by the Walter Reed visit last November, calling the reporting "dangerous."

The president has also spent an extended period of time defending an incident at West Point where he appeared to struggle to raise a glass of water to his mouth and later haltingly walked down a ramp. At a campaign rally in Tulsa, Okla., the president sipped from a water glass using one hand, prompting raucous applause from the crowd.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

2h
It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!
Well that settles it, it was definitely true.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
If mail-in ballots aren't delivered on time, then how will they be counted? That is the whole point of Trump / USPS dismantling.

There are plenty of states that do not count ballots if they are not received by the state on the date of the election.

He threaded the needle in 2016, and he's looking to do it again in 2020. The margins in the swing states aren't great enough towards Dems to overcome tampering with the mail
I would keep this in mind. Will the mail delivery be slower? probably yes. Does everyone know this? Most do. Is this an election where people are waiting to make up their mind til the last minute? No.

So I think we will be surprised at how early people are going to get their ballots back. I think we may even be surprised how many Dems end up voting in person. NC is sending ballots out this week. That's how close we are, and all other states send out ballots between 21 and 50 days out. Most about 45 days.
So 45 days out, means that people will recieve ballots around 40 days out. That's in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! If you know who you are voting for you will most likely be sending that ballot back somewhere between September 25th and October 15th.

I think you will also see a huge push by the parties and activist groups pushing early voting in every way possible.

I think the bigger issue will be how many ballots are thrown out for very trivial reasons... That's the scary part.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This bitch gotta go

https://twitter.com/PAULUSV3/status/1300613949512187904
Old 09-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I thought I read that was a fake quote. Of course you really couldn't tell since it fits her character.

Trump gave the commish of Big10 conference a call and now rumors are floating the conference will start their season in October.

WE MUST PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
Old 09-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #456
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 AM
Quote:

As a reference, here's a good overview for each state when mail-in ballots have to be in to be counted.
https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot-deadlines/
Old 09-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #457
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
God we are stupid. The media is stupid. And that always adds up to being shitty for the party that actually has truth on their side.

Loved seeing a segment on MSNBC this morning - Steve Kornacki, at the big board, talking about the "race tightening"!!!!
Just to remind everyone - to make this statement, you would have to cherry pick numbers from a total of TWO polls that have come out that show about a 2 point tightening - which means, well, maybe nothing since the margin of error is +/- 3!
Also, TWO other polls have come out that show no tightening whatsoever. Biden remained at the same number and one had Biden up one point.
Then you see the ABC poll that actually shows Biden getting an uptick in approval and Trump's approval worsening after both conventions.

Anyway -back to Steve - He's talking about the "tightening". He is using RCP averages (First mistake). He says - Remember, Biden has been up over 8 points up to this point, and now we see him about 7. So if we look a week back Biden was at 7.8, Two weeks back Biden at 7.4, and month back Biden at 7.6... Ok, so he has lost... ummm... about a point.

LOLOLOLOL. So real time, he sees that the presentation he had set up to show Biden sliding, doesn't show that at all. And let's remember, Biden was at 6.4 on RCP about three weeks ago. SMH.
You're in for one helluva letdown.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:03 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
You're in for one helluva letdown.
cool
Old 09-01-2020, 09:16 PM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So the Biden team has an opportunity to change the conversation right now. I think calling for Trump to release all medical records including the Walter Reed visits could definitely take the media down a rabbit hole for a while. Just taking time off the clock is the best strategy right now.

Now this would only be advisable if Biden has a clean bill of health, which who knows, but I do think it would be effective.
My guess is that Trump would never release them even if they were fine, cause they may show his real weight or something.
Taking time off the clock and putting Trump on the defensive are the best things they can do right now.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #460
Blue Crack Distributor

I was at Walter Reed the day Trump had his mysterious totally scheduled visit.

While I left an hour before he arrived, I've been in jobs where VIPs and dignitaries visit long enough to know that there's not a chance in hell that a POTUS visit was scheduled on that day.

No. Chance.