US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per NBC Wall St. Journal polling - Also similar pattern in recent surveys of MI, PA, and WI.

Of non-major party voters (Johnson, Stein, McMullin, other):

48% going Biden
23% Trump
28% other or not sure

New poll from the Military Times

Active military members - Biden 43% - Trump 37%

Never thought I'd see a number like that in my lifetime.

In 2016 the same pollster had Trump at 40%, Gary Johnson at 36% and Clinton at 14%

So Trump retweeted some Q Anon conspiracy theory that "only" nine thousand people have actually died in the US from covid? Saw that reported, can't stomach going to his Twitter today.

I understand him being careful about covid and also setting a great example of that. But I do think Biden needs to get out and safely campaign. Beyond social media. Senator Harris does too.

Genuinely I don’t think Biden needs do anything but sit behind and be a bigger desktop warrior than Trump. Don’t legitimize this presidency. Make it clear: the current time sucks and you have a choice, watch this bumbling idiot for the next two months...

Joe needs to just not do anything stupid. Just keep on calling Donald Trump a disgrace from home. Just keep traveling around making it seem like you’re more outside than you are.

Just to put in perspective the “race is getting close” thing.
Remember when Trump wore a mask for one appearance and we had two days of “well this certainly changes the dynamics of the race” from the media. It Trump all of a day to shit all over that.

I know this is a bit different, but I think we already see Trump overstep the message, most likely alienating the moderate Repubs that may have been swayed if he had kept a more tempered message of law and order.

Genuinely I don’t think Biden needs do anything but sit behind and be a bigger desktop warrior than Trump. Don’t legitimize this presidency. Make it clear: the current time sucks and you have a choice, watch this bumbling idiot for the next two months...

Joe needs to just not do anything stupid. Just keep on calling Donald Trump a disgrace from home. Just keep traveling around making it seem like you’re more outside than you are.

I would like to agree. But the problem is that Trump’s tweets get national news coverage and Joe’s don’t. So he’s got his hand forces if he wants to be heard.

Gotta admit, that the appearances that I’ve seen or heard Joe do this past week, including today, he has seemed much more sharp and together. Little to no fumbles. He needs Harris and some surrogates out there now too. Time to light it up and consistently beat back whatever message Trump is lying about at the moment.

Last edited:
I would like to agree. But the problem is that Trump’s tweets get national news coverage and Joe’s don’t. So he’s got his hand forces if he wants to be heard.

Gotta admit, that the appearances that I’ve seen or heard Joe do this past week, including today, he has seemed much more sharp and together. Little to no fumbles. He needs Harris and some surrogates out there now too. Time to light it up and consistently beat back whatever message Trump is lying about at the moment.

Donald Trump is the president right now. So he gets attention when he speaks. Donald Trump is also the President, so he can’t criticize the presidents and leaders who came before him (which is what he did best).

Trump is going to Kenosha today, to meet with the police.

Just saw a clip on CBS morning show. He gave an interview to that awful Laura Ingraham. He actually said this when talking about the bad apple cops-"People choke, just like in a golf tournament".

She jumped in to cover his ass and say that he wasn't comparing it to a golf tournament.

I am so disgusted and sickened by his complete lack of human decency. He is a very ill person, should not be in that job and never should have been. What have we become?

We've become exactly what we deserved to become the second a significant number of people decided that his was a candidacy worth taking seriously.

Exactly. Remember when he talked about “Second amendment remedies” to stop Clinton. And here we are.

Now, on the batshit Fox interview, People in the dark shadows are controlling Biden, controlling the streets. “a man” got on a plane and it was filled with thugs (aka black people) in dark clothing and gear, headed to a certain city. I can’t tell you where because it’s under investigation...

Yet here we are with Biden up a little over 7 points. This country is far, far more broken, delusional and prone to cult like brainwashing than I could have ever fathomed.

Wonder why they are ending those election interference briefings...

https://twitter.com/JF991/status/1300678700606935040
This voter information is in the public domain.

Part of the Russian interference plan is to flood the airwaves with disinformation. Stuff like this that will be retweeted and posted everywhere but is easily disproven.

This muddies the waters enough that people mostly just look the other way when the real shit comes out. Like, oh, the senate intelligence report.

This voter information is in the public domain.

Part of the Russian interference plan is to flood the airwaves with disinformation. Stuff like this that will be retweeted and posted everywhere but is easily disproven.

This muddies the waters enough that people mostly just look the other way when the real shit comes out. Like, oh, the senate intelligence report.

Very good point

We are a society who made the Kardashians uber wealthy simply because they happened to know a famous mass murderer and one of them had an abnormally large ass.

We deserve all of this.

KmN9gRy.jpg

I don't buy into this one completely. Yeah, of course it's Trump's plan to slow it down to cause doubt and raise chances for legal fights. But for the most part, I don't think it will effect the election night count as drastically as is being freaked out about.

So lets just say we have 12 swing states. and I'm being somewhat generous with that estimate by including OH, IA, NV, GA, TX
So the results from the other 38 states are pretty much foregone conclusions.

After that, swing state counting for mail in ballots:

First, all states verify ballots upon receipt, meaning that the mail in's aren't held up by procedure and verification, they are ready to be counted like any other ballot.

AZ - starts counting before election day
CO - starts counting before election day (yes, not a swing state)
NC - starts counting before election day
OH - starts counting before election day
TX - starts counting before election day, but depends on size of district, smaller districts get counted at 7am on election day

WI - starts counting at 7am election day
PA - starts counting at 7am election day
GA - starts counting at 7am election day
NV - starts counting at 7am election day
MI - starts counting before polls close on election day

FL - starts counting after polls close, but mail ins are counted first, then in person votes

So beyond the 38 states that we already know who will win - AZ, NC and OH will be counted early, TX will have a good headstart.

FL is an experienced mail in voting state, so the increase in mail ins will not be as big here. They will almost certainly have results by midnight. But remember that mail ins are counted first, so we will probably see a healthy Biden lead in the early evening, and then see that get eaten away as the night goes on. We just hope it holds.

The leaves:

WI, PA, MI, GA, and NV

3 very important states in there. But it really will boil down to FL, FL, FL. If Biden is announced winning FL by midnight, the rest doesn't really matter. Especially if we know who is winning in AZ and NC. We can also assume that if Biden wins FL, he will most likely carry MI, WI, and PA

Will it be clean and easy. Probably not completely. But I do not think that there is going to be a landslide Trump win on election night and then it gets sorted out days and weeks later.

In fact, we don't really know, other than FL, which ballots get counted first in the states that don't start counting til polls close. Or if they get counted simultaneously with in person ballots.

And i do concede that no matter what happens, Trump is going to be so OFF HIS FUCKING ROCKER INSANE, that he will be filing lawsuits that night before polls even close.

Also, just a thought. There is always talk of the "shy Trump voter" in the midwest states. But do you think there may be shy Biden voters in NC, GA and TX??

Also, what are people's thoughts on the NBA arenas being opened up for polling locations. I do think it will increase Dem in person voting. Would be even better if the players were there doing some meet and greet.

https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/status/1300637286338568192?s=21

Guess it’s moved on from caravans of immigrants to planes full of shadow / antifa figures

Oh LOOK! Here's where Trump got his story about the thugs in black on a plane last week...

Notice the date on the tweet. Also, notice that this gentleman was able to see a tattoo on the arm of a thug that said ANTIFA, while that thug was covered "head to toe in black". Also know this was debunked 2 months ago. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1300650617816461312

If mail-in ballots aren't delivered on time, then how will they be counted? That is the whole point of Trump / USPS dismantling.

There are plenty of states that do not count ballots if they are not received by the state on the date of the election.

He threaded the needle in 2016, and he's looking to do it again in 2020. The margins in the swing states aren't great enough towards Dems to overcome tampering with the mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom