US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and it’s not like the longer this takes the more it fuels conspiracy theories and FB groups plotting to fuck everything up

Read that a FB group called something “stop the vote” was gaining 1,000 new members every 10 seconds.

But this is what trump and gop want. As much discord and chaos as possible because it’ll make Joes job a lot harder and thus set them up for 2024

Anyone think Trump will announce is 2024 bid late January and continue on with his rallies for the next four years ?

https://twitter.com/donie/status/1324342920854573056?s=21

Last edited:
Right but I think they’re one in the same. The Sec of State is going to each county elections official and saying “how many ballots do your precincts still have?” and summing them up. NYT/CNN/FOX/AP is probably doing the exact same thing through their local affiliates. The “estimate” part is likely associated with provisionals, overseas arrivals, and general human error. I trust that short of total human error, the values provided by the NYT would in fact sum up to the SoS’s value if it was from the same timestamp. Just keep in mind that the SoS is probably talking in “pre-reported” values so that’s ballots left to count.

Makes sense. This is so painstakingly slow.

Anyone think Trump will announce is 2024 bid late January and continue on with his rallies for the next four years ?

My hope and dream is that he'll be too busy with his legal battles (and potential criminal charges/jail time) to be able to fuss with any of that stuff.

If he does try for any kind of post-White House life outside of that, though, ideally, I would hope that everyone would just ignore it and not give him the attention he craves. I doubt that'll happen, but again, talking hopes and dreams here.

My hope and dream is that he'll be too busy with his legal battles (and potential criminal charges/jail time) to be able to fuss with any of that stuff.

If he does try for any kind of post-White House life outside of that, though, ideally, I would hope that everyone would just ignore it and not give him the attention he craves. I doubt that'll happen, but again, talking hopes and dreams here.

If he gets convicted of a felony, he can't run correct?

Just want to say how awesome you guys are. This is really the best place to keep track of everything happening as we all gather and post info from various sources.
I’m cautiously excited right now. I’ve rooted for GA all cycle and really want that one to make it.

Just also remember we owe women of ALL backgrounds for pulling this out. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian... They all saved our asses.

You championed Georgia more than anyone, so kudos to you.

From Wasserman

Increasingly, when Dem donors see a shiny object in a red/purple state, they flood the zone w/ out-of-state $$. And in combing through Tuesday's down-ballot wreckage, it's not clear that $$ did more good than harm.

I think the money that will flood into the GA runoffs needs to go 90% ground operation GOTV. Ads just don’t work much anymore.

I think the money that will flood into the GA runoffs needs to go 90% ground operation GOTV. Ads just don’t work much anymore.

yes. they need to knock on doors, COVID-safely.

the GOP did this because they didn't give a shit about anyone's safety. people are expected to be wiling to die for Trump.

but to turn out the vote, you need to knock on doors.

https://twitter.com/susan_hennessey/status/1324378357371469825?s=21

https://twitter.com/susan_hennessey/status/1324379444916690945?s=21

The anxiety tends to color our perception of what’s really happened and I’m guilty of it too. The stakes are so damn high with this election and most of us really wanted some form of “blow out” to show ourselves and rest of the world that this isn’t the country we live and care about.

Because of our system tho, social and regular media, and a global pandemic it’s more pressure on our nerves.

Where i struggle is that the Dems don’t really seem to learn from most mistakes. Nancy lost seats in the house because she didn’t follow through with what the people voted for, to be a check on Trump. Regardless of outcome it never felt like the Dems did anything but tweet until Trump made it so obvious to impeach they had no choice.

There’s still some hope with a Biden presidency but they cannot act like business as usual. We need to see a fight

Because a giant chunk of what we thought was available might actually have already been present in the numbers

I’m only seeing 8,000 more votes since the last update. 75% of them went to Biden. Sounds have about 50K left and Biden is only down by 13K now

[tweet]1324362210777456643[/tweet]

For Trump (15800 votes to be counted in counties he's winning)

Bryan 70/30 (3000 remaining)
Laurens: 64/35 (1800)Harris: 76/22 (3600)
Forsyth: 66/42 (4700)
Putnam: 70/30 (1500)
Floyd 70/30 (700)
Burke 51/48 (500)

For Biden (as many as 36900 votes in counties he's won)

Chatham: 60/40 (17000)
Fulton: 72/26 (11000)
Gwinnett: 60/40 (up to 7000)
Sumter 52/47 (1200)
Cobb 56/42 (700)

I’m only seeing 8,000 more votes since the last update. 75% of them went to Biden. Sounds have about 50K left and Biden is only down by 13K now

Yeah but every blue county seems to have reported sans Cobb. The margins on Fulton etc seem to be done as per NYT, hence the >98

At this point I’d just regard the percentage left. We know the raw numbers approximately.

At this point I’d just regard the percentage left. We know the raw numbers approximately.

Agreed but we don’t know what update includes what values. It’s the discrepancy in reporting between counted ballots and reported votes.

Because a giant chunk of what we thought was available might actually have already been present in the numbers

Tump's lead has shrunk from 1 percent to 0.37 to 0.3 and there are many more votes to be counted in counties Biden's won. Doesn't that bode well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom