US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about Georgia. I keep hearing about the next wave of votes, the totals haven’t changed, yet the percentage reporting increased. So maybe these votes don’t actually exist?

I’m confused about Georgia. I keep hearing about the next wave of votes, the totals haven’t changed, yet the percentage reporting increased. So maybe these votes don’t actually exist?

This is the official info:

[TWEET]1324028403402612741[/TWEET]

It looks like 200-250k votes remain, mostly in Dem-heavy areas. Biden would need to win those by 3:1 I think.

Last edited:
I'm perhaps irrationally worried about Arizona.

Me too. AP called it when Biden was leading by 9 and they saw no way for Trump to come back. When 80 percent were counted, Biden was up by 5. Now, with 84 percent counted, Biden's lead has shrunk to 3.4. If it continues at this pace Biden's toast. But will it continue at this pace? They're still counting Tuscon and Phoenix.

I’m also very confused because I witnessed the same thing.

Everyone who burned the midnight oil witnessed this lol. Everyone who went to bed thinks we are crazy.

Even if Biden wins by the slightest of margins what does Biden do with a senate still controlled by Republicans and a supreme court in their hands to? Are you not just set for a repeat in 4 years after an extremely hobbled democrat presidency?

67 million people still voted for Trump and I know that is not the majority of Americans but it's getting damn near half of all Americans that vote anyway. You have become two very different countries and it's a big problem to solve.

Me too. AP called it when Biden was leading by 9 and they saw no way for Trump to come back. When 80 percent were counted, Biden was up by 5. Now, with 84 percent counted, Biden's lead has shrunk to 3.4. If it continues at this pace Biden's toast. But will it continue at this pace? They're still counting Tuscon and Phoenix.

They don’t just look at the gap and willy nilly say he ain’t comin back. There’s a confidence interval that’s got to be put up to some alpha level that says “my left tail at confidence xx is unattainable by the trailing candidate.”

This year is obviously different because of the stratified mail votes versus in person votes. But the issue in Arizona appears to be that there was inaccurate reporting of how many votes were outstanding. This obviously means someone could’ve used that data to draw a conclusion only to get the real data and say it’s now inconclusive.

With that being said, it’s still looking like the situation favors Biden. Same day votes are gone and most left appear to be in the cities.

Even if Biden wins by the slightest of margins what does Biden do with a senate still controlled by Republicans and a supreme court in their hands to? Are you not just set for a repeat in 4 years after an extremely hobbled democrat presidency?

67 million people still voted for Trump and I know that is not the majority of Americans but it's getting damn near half of all Americans that vote anyway. You have become two very different countries and it's a big problem to solve.

Do a fucking good job and take the senate in 2022.

Well, Bill Barr and Mike Pompeo being gone is an instant upgrade

They don’t just look at the gap and willy nilly say he ain’t comin back. There’s a confidence interval that’s got to be put up to some alpha level that says “my left tail at confidence xx is unattainable by the trailing candidate.”

This year is obviously different because of the stratified mail votes versus in person votes. But the issue in Arizona appears to be that there was inaccurate reporting of how many votes were outstanding. This obviously means someone could’ve used that data to draw a conclusion only to get the real data and say it’s now inconclusive.

With that being said, it’s still looking like the situation favors Biden. Same day votes are gone and most left appear to be in the cities.

Yeah I just hope that the prediction was not based on the assumption that a larger share of the votes were “in”.

The irony of this is that the Republicans led by McConnell actually have very little incentive to support Trump in his recounts and other legal nonsense. For them this is almost an ideal result - they maintain control of the Senate, they can handicap Joe Biden from getting anything done and they no longer have the anvil of Trump. So they can start campaigning for 2024 on "fiscal responsibility" like the hypocrites they are and blame the ugly winter COVID months totally on Biden.

Yeah I just hope that the prediction was not based on the assumption that a larger share of the votes were “in”.

I mean both NV and AZ are anxiety inducing.

But conventional wisdom says you don’t want to be Trump there right now. How we feel about NV and AZ... they feel about NC.

The irony of this is that the Republicans led by McConnell actually have very little incentive to support Trump in his recounts and other legal nonsense. For them this is almost an ideal result - they maintain control of the Senate, they can handicap Joe Biden from getting anything done and they no longer have the anvil of Trump. So they can start campaigning for 2024 on "fiscal responsibility" like the hypocrites they are and blame the ugly winter COVID months totally on Biden.

The Senate will also be close. You may find a coalition of like Murkowski and Mnuchin and (god forbid) Collins willing to actually govern again.

If this gets dragged out and more ballots are "found," it will only improve Biden's outlook. After all, the GOP has been the voter suppression party. They can't really do much with the democrats in the driver's seat.

I thought we were supposed to help each other here, LM.

We were all very wrong. But not wrong enough.

Around 9 PM last night, Ashley was sitting on the kitchen floor crying because it all seemed so helpless. It was a rough night.

I think I was up for...22 hours? Slept 3 hours and hopped on my laptop for work. Gonna be another adrenaline rush kind of day.

I mean both NV and AZ are anxiety inducing.

But conventional wisdom says you don’t want to be Trump there right now. How we feel about NV and AZ... they feel about NC.

Trump has a lead of 1.4 in NC with 94 percent counted. It looks safe for fuckface.

Nevada's only counted 67 percent, and Biden is leading by 0.6. What's your take on that? They're still counting Vegas and Reno.

Around 9 PM last night, Ashley was sitting on the kitchen floor crying because it all seemed so helpless. It was a rough night.

I think I was up for...22 hours? Slept 3 hours and hopped on my laptop for work. Gonna be another adrenaline rush kind of day.

I’m staring at an extremely tight NC race. I was wrong about the Midwest reddening (it pretty much held 2016 instead), but I’m damn happy with my map. GA is the only thing that is shocking me.

I'm sorry. I went to bed after the Arizona call, feeling pretty good. Slept 5 hours. Still feel generally good but everything is reaaaaally tight.

Trump has a lead of 1.4 in NC with 94 percent counted. It looks safe for fuckface.

Nevada's only counted 67 percent, and Biden is leading by 0.6. What's your take on that? They're still counting Vegas and Reno.

Biden will win Vegas bigly, and will win Reno clearly.

It's 86% reporting though, and the outstanding vote is early/absentee which tends to be bluer.

All that's left to count in Nevada is mail-ins and provisionals. That's why there is no true optimism about the state from the Trump camp.

The writing is on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom