US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not for nothing, but in my home country of Brazil, we get results for every single district, including the most remote place in the Amazon, not more than 2 hours after polls close. This is atrocious!

At least we new early that we elected that clown Bolsonaro and skipped the 7 stages of grief as results were coming in.

Just wait until they ram all those “you have to understand the disenfranchised white voters in the heartland” articles down our throat, starting with tomorrow, for the next 4 years.

And not a single Republican will be likewise told to try to understand the feelings and fears of urban voters.

Exhausting.

Maybe some of you guys should join us. We’ll offer better maple syrup and bagels in exchange for Trader Joe’s.

I’ll take your government any day of the week.

But I like our actual piece of land a lot.

PBS actually has sane, reasonable people talking intelligently and rationally about things, in case anyone else is interested in something that will lower their blood pressure.

I flipped on Fox News and they were all pretty distraught that Arizona was going for Biden and they couldn't see a reasonable path left for Trump without it.

Meanwhile the left has unbearable heartburn and panic attacks because we didn't take Texas.

This guy on Fox doing the map is awful. Completely ignoring the fact that MI hasn't counted early votes or that Milwaukee County has barely reported results.

I flipped on Fox News and they were all pretty distraught that Arizona was going for Biden and they couldn't see a reasonable path left for Trump without it.

Meanwhile the left has unbearable heartburn and panic attacks because we didn't take Texas.

This captures it.

I stopped drinking wine tonight because of the heartburn.

Half this country wants another Hitler.

There’s no healing, no moving forward with politics as usual. Biden can’t bring this country together.

Only splitting it up can move it forward. Doing it now before a more sinister and more competent authoritarian figure takes over would be best

But that’s just delusion on my part. We’re going to keep going in this cycle.

Also, 94k covid cases today. We’ll probably break 110 by end of week.

Half this country wants another Hitler.

There’s no healing, no moving forward with politics as usual. Biden can’t bring this country together.

Only splitting it up can move it forward. Doing it now before a more sinister and more competent authoritarian figure takes over would be best

But that’s just delusion on my part. We’re going to keep going in this cycle.

Also, 94k covid cases today. We’ll probably break 110 by end of week.

Good news is Trump is old as fuck and is an enigma. Trumpism might die but to repeat what he has done is damn hard.

I’ll take your government any day of the week.

But I like our actual piece of land a lot.

You have probably the most stunningly diverse landscape of any country. It’s my goal to make it through all the national parks in my lifetime. Just stunning.

But dear God it’s a massive problem that such a massive % of the population supports outright cruelty. How do you have a functioning, cohesive country this way?

He seems... less certain today?

This is the most optimistic I've felt all night, though. I just hope this AZ call is not Florida 2000.

Ralston on msnbc right now. Saying that there was very low Election Day votes. Still sounds confident. Says first numbers released will be heavy Trump rural votes.

Ralston on msnbc right now. Saying that there was very low Election Day votes. Still sounds confident. Says first numbers released will be heavy Trump rural votes.

It’s so hard to read western states by county when in fact we need to read them by precinct to make sense of what’s going on.

Arizona does not end this election, come on people. There’s the whole fucking Midwest

It doesn't, but it makes Trump's path so difficult. Plus the polling in MI/WI was much more robust than in PA, which takes him to 269.

You have probably the most stunningly diverse landscape of any country. It’s my goal to make it through all the national parks in my lifetime. Just stunning.

But dear God it’s a massive problem that such a massive % of the population supports outright cruelty. How do you have a functioning, cohesive country this way?

I think that’s the problem. We dont have a cohesive country. Multiracial democracy is apparently really hard. What kept us together post-WW2 was the Cold War and reasonably good divided government.

It seems the upheaval of the 60s hit harder and lingers longer here than other places.

150 years ago there was a Civil War with 800,000+ deaths. I’ve spent a lot of time in the south, they spend a lot of time thinking about it.

And fuck. Ohio.

Last edited:
It doesn't, but it makes Trump's path so difficult. Plus the polling in MI/WI was much more robust than in PA, which takes him to 269.

Look I’m really freaking hoping it’s that simple but I’ll believe it when I see it.

NYT needle now has Biden favored in Georgia. That's quite the turnaround. The only remaining votes are in Atlanta, the question is whether they are enough.

NY Times has just changed the needle for Georgia, giving Biden 62% chance of winning it.

Oh please oh please oh please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom