US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main question right now is when I need to call it a night and go to fucking bed.

I was waiting to hear about Arizona but they seem to be stuck on 75%. I think officials in MI, WI and PA have already confirmed that they will only count outstanding mail ballots tomorrow. So I may call it a night soon.

Holy shit, Fox is projecting AZ for Biden.

If that's true, I think it's game over.

Here's the thing though: given what happened in FL, I don't trust that they have Nevada in the bag.

Dave's right, it's worth it. Toronto's weather is very much like NYC's anyway.

And doesn’t smell like garbage in the summer (though man do I really miss NYC, living there was a treat).

Toronto real estate is bonkers.

I am going to stay up till midnight and call it a day. The kids do not respect my rule of 7 am wake ups.

I was waiting to hear about Arizona but they seem to be stuck on 75%. I think officials in MI, WI and PA have already confirmed that they will only count outstanding mail ballots tomorrow. So I may call it a night soon.

Fulton County is also counting tomorrow.

I miss when ballparks were named after things like counties. Whenever i read "fulton county" my brain fills in "stadium."

So plug in FL+GA+NC+OH for Trump, NH+CO+AZ for Biden, and you get Biden to 84% in the 538 simulator. A 6% chance of a tie.

No matter the outcome, the Republicans will have learned absolutely nothing. And they will remain totally beholden to Trump’s base. The problem is they don’t have a teflon charlatan waiting to take over so their 2024 situation will likely be a shit show of as-yet-unseen proportions.

Here's the thing though: given what happened in FL, I don't trust that they have Nevada in the bag.

I don’t think Ralston would have stuck his neck out and called NV for Biden 2 days ago if he wasn’t absolutely certain.
And he was going by vote count, not polling.

And doesn’t smell like garbage in the summer

you should take a trip down the richmond/adelaide bike lanes on a humid garbage day morning next june and see if you feel the same way.

but if we're talking about the smell of hot piss and barf, then NYC has toronto beat by an order of magnitude.

I don’t think Ralston would have stuck his neck out and called NV for Biden 2 days ago if he wasn’t absolutely certain.

He seems... less certain today?

This is the most optimistic I've felt all night, though. I just hope this AZ call is not Florida 2000.

you should take a trip down the richmond/adelaide bike lanes on a hot wednesday next year and see if you feel the same way.

but if we're talking about the smell of hot piss and barf, then NYC has toronto beat by an order of magnitude.
To be fair we don't have maple syrup based diet down here so the pee doesn't smell quite as sweet

Also, although I don't like the John McCain hagiography, it would be perfect if his state was responsible for kicking Trump out of the WH.

Susan Collins way ahead in Maine. WTF (even with Biden ahead by 7).

Last edited:
Fuck what a night. 1 hour ago I was about to turn off my TV and assumed Trump won, now I'm getting some hope that he'll even still pull out NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom