US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Democracy is in a truly terrible place right now the world over. I am not sure any election has been over policy but more broad public mood/feeling from Brexit to Trump and Bolsonaro, Erdogan on and on. We are in a very reactionary age.

Democracy is in a truly terrible place right now the world over. I am not sure any election has been over policy but more broad public mood/feeling from Brexit to Trump and Bolsonaro, Erdogan on and on. We are in a very reactionary age.

Yes. This goes far beyond the US. It’s scary everywhere.

i can't see any way joe biden ends up as president after all the bullshit that's about to happen.

not with a bang but a whimper

The protests this summer were just a warm up.

AZ called by the AP.

How the fuck are things looking in MI, PA, and WI?

What fucking bullshit that was what trump just said! God I hate this guy so much and the scary thing if he does somehow manage to bring this to the Supreme Court, he has his chosen judges that will most likely side with him. Disgusting!! I am already ready to unfriend a bunch of my friends who are trump supporters, they are already going off on Facebook as if trump totally won by a landslide! It makes me want to vomit!!

Yeah, Iowa in general was called a while ago :(. So much red here, it's depressing as hell.

Yeah, I figured the state was too much to be hoped for, but at least the Senate race started out promising. Just like so many other well fought campaigns, it's a bummer they didn't succeed.

Not to smoke too much Georgia, but even the senate seat there could potentially be revived given the amount of sure-blue votes left.

Not to smoke too much Georgia, but even the senate seat there could potentially be revived given the amount of sure-blue votes left.

Currently Trump is only up 100,000 in GA. Biden should get 70% of the vote coming in from Dekalb and Fulton. If we give him just 60% of the vote ther to offset the other random smaller red counties still to come in, he should get about 550-570 thousand votes. GA is looking strong.

If he wins GA, he could lose 2 out of the three of WI, MI and PA and still win.

Currently Trump is only up 100,000 in GA. Biden should get 70% of the vote coming in from Dekalb and Fulton. If we give him just 60% of the vote ther to offset the other random smaller red counties still to come in, he should get about 550-570 thousand votes. GA is looking strong.

If he wins GA, he could lose 2 out of the three of WI, MI and PA and still win.

Well I wouldn’t be THAT hot on GA. Still lots of 85% Trump reporting counties too. But yes I agree that the gap will be fully closed with votes to spare and it’s Trump who apparently looks like he will need to play catch up.

I want to believe. I do.

Ossoff is only down 200,000 which means he definitely has a shot if 550,000 thousand blue votes come in.

If we get him, Warnock would need to win the run off for us to get control of Biden wins.

Fuck all of this

I’m still up and a little drunk. But I want to give a shout out to LuckyNumber7 and DaveC. You both have made this area of the forum so much better. I butted heads with you (especially DaveC) for a while, but it made me be more open and see some different sides of things.

I’m going to miss all of you when all this is done. It’s been an amazing escape for me during one of the shittiest stretches of my life. I hope that we end up without Trump. I don’t know what to think will happen if we don’t. I guess we’ll have a few more days together. Lol.

He can’t do anything.

But he’s president so surely if the right strings are pulled I’m sure he can do something to emulate that.

AZ called for Biden by AP

Oh, thank fucking God. About time.

Yeah, I figured the state was too much to be hoped for, but at least the Senate race started out promising. Just like so many other well fought campaigns, it's a bummer they didn't succeed.

We tried here. We really did. I think the western district is just too big and powerful.

Far too many ifs and buts going on still, it’s crazy.

And what worries me now is that IF Biden squeaks our a victory via AZ, NE2, MI and WI, it will only take one or two faithless electors next month to hand Trump a second term anyway. Biden essentially needs GA or PA on top of those above four to protect him from the peculiarities of American elections.

But Biden victory or not, the country is fucked anyway because the Senate most likely hasn’t flipped. And almost half of the voting population still went for Trump after everything from the last 4 years (Edit - he’s actually already got more votes than he received in 2016). America will be even more divided than it has been recently. It’s absolutely appalling to watch.

Last edited:
In the time it took me to write that, Biden has taken a slight lead in WI with 5% left to count. Hopes for the bare minimum have been raised.

Here’s to no sleeping lol. Looks like WI is going to Biden. Just need MI. Let’s get GA too so there’s no doubt!

Oh hey, Mississippi has voted to stop using a racist, treasonous flag and instead depict a magnolia on its state flag. That’s nice.

Kind of crazy that Wisconsin is coming down to Green Bay, my city. They’re supposed to release the votes shortly. Normally GB slightly leans Democrat and Biden is currently up by about 9k before these numbers are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom