US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter

If Nevada is decisively Biden, as now seems likely, and everyone calls it, Fox is going to have a crazy tense decision about uncalling Arizona. Because, if they don't, they got to call the whole thing.

Rupert Murdoch had privately been telling people that Trump is going to lose. I don't think that he'll be pulling back.

As much as we all want the results announced asap and clearly in favour of Biden, no man, woman or child in America wants a clear result more than John Roberts.

They have 2 weeks to demand a recount so long as the spread is <1%. I'm sure there will be one.

If Trump fails to get recounts in states that Biden wins and the deal is done they might just let Georgia slide.

In fact they might avoid a recount if it guarantees an Ossoff runoff with Perdue.

again - at what point does McTurtle put an end to the madness so that they can rid themselves of the orange menace and focus themselves on two Georgia runoffs?

McTurtle is too busy making demands of Biden, starting with every cabinet position and working his way down from there.

From the tweet above:

With counting continuing in numerous counties throughout #Georgia, as of 12:45 p.m. today there are approximately 50,401 ballots still outstanding. - GA SOS

According to CNN, the Trump Campaign said that they admit that Georgia is starting to look really bleak for them.

No, I just pasted the text from the tweet he posted to save people from having to click on it.

Thanks! The interface of this forum is annoying in that you have to embed a tweet with [ ] if you are on desktop but the mobile app will just render with the link.

Last edited:
if another rocket scientist that you work closely with helped make it easier to vote in what may end up being the key district in the key state, you'd be happy, too.

I’m not discounting that. I just saw the video that said update official gives update in the the GA election and I got a one minute clip that seemed to end without an update and v sad

So, I know, one thing at a time, but regarding these (what look like they will be) runoffs in Georgia...do we have a legitimate chance of winning them both(and thus control of the Senate), or is that a pipe dream? Should my hopes be up?

So, I know, one thing at a time, but regarding these (what look like they will be) runoffs in Georgia...do we have a legitimate chance of winning them both(and thus control of the Senate), or is that a pipe dream? Should my hopes be up?

If the current senate situation looks like 49-50 Ossoff-Perdue, why on earth would it be getting your hopes up to think he could win?

It’s a near tie as is. Multiple factors such as voter deflation from loss may play a role in the runoff election.

No reason to believe they can’t win one, and if they can win one they can win both.

I wouldn’t bank on it, but there’s nothing wrong with getting your hopes up.

probably pipe dream, but if DJT isn't on the ballot and is out of power and maybe in jail or hiding somewhere in the Persian Gulf, maybe his Jedi Mind Pull on the non-voting right will be gone and an energized blue can make the difference?

or maybe people will say that a D president needs an R Senate for "divided government." thinking it's still 1986 or something.

Clark County Registrar of Voters Joe Gloria said he is hopeful “the bulk” of the remaining ballots will be processed by Saturday or Sunday.

Gloria said the county still needs to process 63,262 ballots, which are expected to lean toward Joe Biden.

Asked about the president’s baseless accusations of fraud in Nevada, Gloria said, “We are not aware of any improper ballots that are being processed.”

The AP has not yet declared a winner in Nevada, but Jon Ralston, the widely respected editor of the Nevada Independent, says he does not see a path to victory for Donald Trump in the state.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...n-results-joe-biden-donald-trump-live-updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom