US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,065
Local Time: 09:44 AM
I’m a little uneasy about AZ, but hoping it becomes apparent that Trump underperforms quickly as this last batch arrives.
__________________

mikal is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #482
New Yorker
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 11:44 AM
The Guardian has it 248-214

NYT has it 237-214
__________________

Hollow Island is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Some places are happily calling Arizona+Nevada+Wisconsin. Others are not.
I went out for a long walk to tune it all out. It's just strange to me that a local affiliate has different calling standards than the network does. Of course I prefer what the local channel is saying. I just can't deal with CNN.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #484
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,441
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I went out for a long walk to tune it all out. It's just strange to me that a local affiliate has different calling standards than the network does. Of course I prefer what the local channel is saying. I just can't deal with CNN.


Fuck CNN. CNN has no desire to call races because CNN preys on suspense to keep you tuned in to keep making money.

Don’t forget it: VA was called by a lot of different folks pretty much immediately once all the Trump came in and none of the Biden came in and the Trump vote did not look good at all and exit polls supported a clear decisive win. CNN refused to call it because it gives them suspense and something to talk about.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Trump campaign threatening a lawsuit in Michigan. Maybe they can say Governor Whitmer rigged it.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #486
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Rudy and... Ha... Haha....er.... Ba...hahahahah.... Eric tru...djahahahaha .... Eric trump are on the way to Philly to fight
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Yeah, CNN was obviously trolling for suspense.

On the other hand, Fox News was super trigger happy to call everything first, not sure what that was about, and they doubled down when the Trump campaign ripped into them on AZ. All kinds of machinations could be at play behind the scenes there.

I think that one of the biggest problems with last night is that nobody got to experience any sort of catharsis. While I think many of us here who are plugged in and others who watch polls closely and understood the magnitude of the early vote knew that there was a very high probability of a result not being known on election night, most people either didn't know or just flat out ignored the possibility. So even if/WHEN Biden wins, it's like the world ending with a whimper, not a bang.

Therapists will tell you that human beings are resilient and equipped for handing change BUT what we as a species do not handle well is the unknown of indeterminate length. That's when things start to unravel and it feels now like we are living in a nightmare that doesn't really have a defined end to it. (Though it does! There are clearly defined dates for what happens next)
anitram is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Wisconsin called for Biden.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,899
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Fuck CNN. CNN has no desire to call races because CNN preys on suspense to keep you tuned in to keep making money.

Don’t forget it: VA was called by a lot of different folks pretty much immediately once all the Trump came in and none of the Biden came in and the Trump vote did not look good at all and exit polls supported a clear decisive win. CNN refused to call it because it gives them suspense and something to talk about.
I get the money angle, but John King barely mentioned the state last night. It was almost treated as an afterthought by them.
phanan is online now  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,441
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, CNN was obviously trolling for suspense.

On the other hand, Fox News was super trigger happy to call everything first, not sure what that was about, and they doubled down when the Trump campaign ripped into them on AZ. All kinds of machinations could be at play behind the scenes there.

I think that one of the biggest problems with last night is that nobody got to experience any sort of catharsis. While I think many of us here who are plugged in and others who watch polls closely and understood the magnitude of the early vote knew that there was a very high probability of a result not being known on election night, most people either didn't know or just flat out ignored the possibility. So even if/WHEN Biden wins, it's like the world ending with a whimper, not a bang.

Therapists will tell you that human beings are resilient and equipped for handing change BUT what we as a species do not handle well is the unknown of indeterminate length. That's when things start to unravel and it feels now like we are living in a nightmare that doesn't really have a defined end to it. (Though it does! There are clearly defined dates for what happens next)


For as batshit as Fox News is there has never been any question of their credibility as election callers or pollsters. Keep in mind both of those are done via affiliate sites locally.

They were trigger happy because they probably took a different approach to calculating results. They weren’t trigger happy everywhere. I appreciated their swift calls.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Circus press conference will be happening in PA. Eric Trump and his wife, Pam Bondi, Ghouliani...can't remember the other names. ABC reported this.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #492
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Circus press conference will be happening in PA. Eric Trump and his wife, Pam Bondi, Ghouliani...can't remember the other names. ABC reported this.
Jesus Christ we will have days/weeks of this. Not sure if Rudy's liver can survive that long.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #493
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
so i let my dog outside last night, and inside i heard some screaming, fist-pounding tantrum coming from inside that tried to focus everyone's attention away from the election and to THEM and THEIR OWN personal set of grievances. there were tears and door slams and a lot of fist shaking and "you were all so mean to me!"

turns out it was just Trump. i think.

right?
Can you normally hear the bunker screams?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 10:44 AM
https://twitter.com/TedNesi/status/1...224281089?s=19

Religion.

Fear of socialism.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #495
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,828
Local Time: 10:44 AM
*blinks*
Went to sleep after 3A. Didn't listen to (but read) drumph's bellowing lies. I did want to sleep after all!

Got my 8hrs listened a bit to WNYC before noon still too tired slept till 1P plus.
Pretty much been catching up with the 21 pages I missed here.

Thank goodness we got WI!
Now it's like a slowish but hopeful nail biting, then?

I have faith in the Dems lawyers.
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #496
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Jesus Christ we will have days/weeks of this. Not sure if Rudy's liver can survive that long.
Yes I knew it would be a complete 💩show. Forget democracy dies in darkness, it's being killed by an orange man baby narcissist. He's been killing it since 2016, but this is going to be even worse.

No one around him will tell him no Donnie, it's time to take your toys and go home.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #497
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,828
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Can you normally hear the bunker screams?


I thought you lived closer, headache?
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #498
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,065
Local Time: 09:44 AM
So it looks like 9pm ET will be when we’re going to get more votes in AZ and NV.

If MI is called for Biden already and AZ doesn’t somehow pull a fast one, Biden could potentially be projected as President.
mikal is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,828
Local Time: 10:44 AM
: FINGERSCROSSEd:
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,065
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
: FINGERSCROSSEd:

I’m hoping GA comes through to ease my AZ anxiety.
__________________

mikal is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×