US Politics XXIX: The Final Thread Before XXX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully MI continues counting and will put Biden ahead to stop Trump’s shenanigans.

Biden is up by over 20k in WI with only mail in left and here comes MI. Should turn Blue soon!

When the day is done Biden is going to get to 313.

And then we just wait to see if we have a coup or not.

Murica!

Sounds bad, but in a way, I kind of want Trump to try to fight this because I think it's going to fail, and then it's going to be a downward spiral in his life starting with his assets being sold off.

I’m beginning to think policy means nothing.

It’s force of personality. And a voter’s sense of cultural identity.

Policy has mean nothing since 1960 and the dawn of television being a major force in elections (and now of course the internet and social media). Since Kennedy they have largely just been popularity contests. Photo ops and optics are more important than policy.

Kennedy's dark suit on black and white TV vs. Nixon
Dukakis in a tank.
Al Gore sweating like a 17 year old with a fake ID trying to get in a bar in the Boston debate,
Howard Dean's ''Yeeeeaah"

These are the things that drive elections, not policy. Sad but true.

How do you go up against a dude who had no plan for a pandemic and has presided over nearly 10m cases and nearly a quarter of a million deaths... and not win by miles. Some promising results coming in, but geez

Supposedly exit polling indicated that many people wanted the economy open even if that means more covid spread and the consequences of that. Biden was successfully painted as wanting complete shutdowns, he should have constantly emphasized the opposite. Should have been hammering that non stop.

My way of looking at it is that we will never have a completely successful economy until covid is better controlled. We would never need to think about any lockdowns if we had targeted strategies based on science.

After Trump got covid and beat it, that cemented the belief for many people that it was no big deal and a media sham. Pathetic state of affairs that has nothing to do with reality and factual information, but that's the US now. No longer the country I used to know.

I'm disappointed at the margins and the Senate, but blue GA (if it turns out that way) and AZ is something.

In case anyone was really stressed about it, Kanye voted for himself. Remains to be documented how many other votes he received. Kim is not talking.

I read something about how apparently 60,000 people across the states where he was on the ballot voted for him. If that's the case, perhaps that might explain a few things about these results as well.

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1323963930398597123?s=21

And imagine if there was no EC. What would the narrative be this morning ? Biden in a landslide (once all votes are counted)

I love how Trump frames it that people are still voting after yesterday. Media will pick that up and repeat it until 90% of the country thinks it’s true.

Voting isn’t happening anymore. It’s done.

Counting the votes is happening.

The other really sad depressing aspect of this all

Half the country votes to hurt the other half. Nothing more, nothing less. Own the libs.

And seriously people want to open things back up and let covid run wild?? Well we are about to find out how bad a decision that is.

And I was sleeping while all the yay Georgia posts happened here. Don't know what fueled that enthusiasm overnight, but not sure how anyone still thinks Biden has a shot there this morning, with 99.44% reported and Trump with a 103K lead.

And I was sleeping while all the yay Georgia posts happened here. Don't know what fueled that enthusiasm overnight, but not sure how anyone still thinks Biden has a shot there this morning, with 99.44% reported and Trump with a 103K lead.

There’s going to be a massive dump of Biden votes this morning. Same with PA the next 2 days.

There's something weird happening there because that was the lead with 92% of the votes reported, and it's still what The NY Times is reporting. Given where the vote was coming from, I think it's unlikely that the lead wouldn't change (even if Biden doesn't ultimately take the lead).

The sad beyond any words reality is that so many people don't care if covid runs wild. Even if it eventually gets them or a loved one. If it hasn't affected them they don't care about it, and they think it's all an overblown anti-Trump conspiracy.

They also buy into Atlas herd immunity. Science and logic died in 2016, RIP.

When the day is done Biden is going to get to 313.

And then we just wait to see if we have a coup or not.

Murica!

My take is that Trump's plan counted on exactly this map, but with him ahead in AZ. Now with the AZ fallback option, Biden would not need PA, so Trump's claim would just not be credible (not that it ever stops him).

There’s going to be a massive dump of Biden votes this morning. Same with PA the next 2 days.

Yeah but GA has 99.44% of the votes reported from what I'm seeing. That doesn't leave enough for Biden to take the lead even if every uncounted vote goes his way.

PA looks scary too. Trump's lead is huge right now. There's a fair amount left to count, but Biden needs to dominate those votes in spectacular fashion. like 75%+.
Its statistically improbable. (GA looks statistically impossible, unless what I'm seeing is faulty info.)

Yeah but GA has 99.44% of the votes reported from what I'm seeing. That doesn't leave enough for Biden to take the lead even if every uncounted vote goes his way.

PA looks scary too. Trump's lead is huge right now. There's a fair amount left to count, but Biden needs to dominate those votes in spectacular fashion. like 75%+.
Its statistically improbable. (GA looks statistically impossible, unless what I'm seeing is faulty info.)

Yeah GA shouldn’t be showing at 99.4%. There are some countries that haven’t reported anything yet.

We’re waiting on a ton of votes in both states, all likely to be overwhelming for Biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom