US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes zero sense for him to pump millions into ads now. The job is being done for him.

He's also spent a shit ton of money funding contract tracing in the northeast, as all hacks do.

I agree here on both points. But I think that we have to also keep in mind that this is not like any election year ever in our history.

People are paying attention now, at least in respect to how Trump is handling the pandemic, racial justice and the economy in a broader, coronavirus lens.

I do think that we will see him make more effort come September and on. But with billions to spend, hitting up these Never Trump groups with a few million here and there now, would be a smart move. It could get them off of just social media and onto the airwaves in crucial states.
Because one of Trump's biggest issues right now, is the inability to negatively define Biden. Every day that passes is one step closer to Biden holding a steady and large national lead in the polls. These groups, and others, like VoteVets, Defending Democracy, MediaTouch, and many more, can help to create a narrative that will set into voters minds now, and be much harder to shift come the fall.

Whether he's a "hack" remains to be seen. I hope he makes all of us doubters look stupid in a month or two. But I'm disappointed that for now he isn't making at least some small (for Bloomberg = tens of millions) contributions to really keep the polling steady, and the narrative strong.

Last edited:
So did anyone watch the full Chris Wallace interview?

I watched through about a dozen clips of highlights... well, lowlights of it.
It is some of the most bizarre, unhinged things I've seen. Wallace was just great at hitting all the buttons. He definitely should have had more facts directly on hand with him, but great nonetheless.

It is a really good glimpse into what it must be like within the campaign. One group feeding Trump fake information and polling to make him feel good. The other trying to maybe talk some reason to him. It's fascinating and terrifying. But also shows just how hopeless and lost and helpless any people around him are to actually make him do anything that would actually benefit him in the eyes of the voters.

I would highly recommend watching some of these and just sit in wonderment.

You can scroll down through here and catch a lot.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1284846343333335040

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1284843766084505600

What?! LOL. Holding my breath to see this awesome plan that is coming!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1284841708811948035

The racism river runs deep and true.

And I think it can't be overstated just how different voters are looking at the candidates vs. 2016.
Voters seeing Trump and unfortunately hearing Trump lie pathologically for 3.5 years is key. Along with the fact that you have an opponent that is seen as an honest, decent, moral guy for a decades in the public eye. Where Hillary was not seen this way, fairly or not, husband's baggage thrown around her neck.

A very obvious problem for Trump that gets kind of ignored is his "honest/trustworthy" #. In Quinnipiac, voters said Trump isn't honest by a 35-point margin; they said Biden is, by a 2-point margin.

Same poll four years ago gave Trump an 8-point lead over Clinton on honesty.

Why's it matter? Trump is trying to convince voters that Biden will do a bunch of stuff they don't like if he wins. When he said this of Hillary the median voter thought "well, they're both lying." Now the median voter thinks "Trump's lying, Biden isn't."

I know we say this a lot but could you imagine what would have happened to Obama had he uttered the words “i don’t care what the military thinks” ????

This is going to be asolutely shocking:

Time (in minutes) Trump spent during his daily briefings between April 6 and 24, to...
- attack others: 120
- praise himself or his administration: 45
- offer condolences to the victims of the pandemic: 5

4 days ago

The lawsuit has been filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey on behalf of all those who purchased Deutsche Bank securities between November 7, 2017 and July 6, 2020 (the “Class Period”). The case, Karimi v. Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft et al., No. 20-cv-08978 was filed on July 15, 2020, and has been assigned to Judge Esther Salas.

The lawsuit focuses on whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by making false and/or misleading statements and/or failing to disclose that: (1) Deutsche Bank had failed to remediate deficiencies related to AML, its disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting, and its U.S. operations’ troubled condition; (2) as a result, the Bank failed to properly monitor customers that the Bank itself deemed to be high risk, including, among others, the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein (“Epstein”) and two correspondent banks, Danske Estonia and FBME Bank, which were both the subjects of prior scandals involving financial misconduct; (3) the foregoing, once revealed, was foreseeably likely to have a material negative impact on the Bank’s financial results and reputation; and (4) as a result, the Bank’s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.

Tonight

https://twitter.com/wildstein/status/1285018390860640261?s=19

https://twitter.com/asharangappa_/status/1285225625272422407?s=21

Chad Wolf video is embedded within Asha’s tweet

If our elected officials don’t at least try to stand up to this shit then we will not stand a chance.

Keep saying “just vote” isn’t a strategy. I believe that one of the reasons Trump has given up on controlling the virus is because polls show GOP voters will still turn out to vote if the virus is out of control. Democrat voters, their turnout numbers drop by over 25% in the same scenario

Throw in that mail voting will be tampered with or possibly shut down, and the fear of Bill Barr’s secret police kidnapping people waiting in line to vote.

I’m wondering if people will take the bait of these secret police ? I’d imagine Trump and Barr are hoping they can light a fuse and cause violent push back.

150 feds going into Chicago this week. They’ll be cleaning up gun violence

They’ll be instigating violence while the Proud Boys throw rocks at Starbucks and blame the BLM kids.

Nothing is more important than removing Trump from office.

What a mess.

the "reporter" is a notorious british tabloid and the only source is the kid's friend.

tenor.gif

We all have a responsibility to not lend notoriety to shitty people who have done zero things in their life to earn notoriety.

Like Kim Kardashian.

ehh i wouldn't put kim in the same category with that loser. she's been doing some pretty good shit recently for prison inmates who have been sentenced unfairly.

the rest of her family, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom