US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but not at all surprising that the Liberal Media Fake News Soros funded networks have all played Trump's speech non-stop for the last two days, with nary a mention of Russian bounties on US soldiers. And not once did I see them play Biden's 4th of July video address to say, I don't know... show a extreme contrast.
They seriously are like 3 year olds who never grow up and learn their lesson.

This is hilarious, WH 4th of July. "I like this, keep it going empty chairs!" Poor guy was just doing his job (and risking getting covid).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279573499367976960

And let’s be real. When you see these tweets from Trump. It’s all about distraction.

And isn’t it weird how the FBI has Trumps full confidence when it’s about a noose in black man’s garage? Huh.

Last edited:
More good polling news

General Election

Right Leaning pollster - Biden +5 in PA

Biden up 11 in Maine

And most importantly:

The very concerned Senator from Maine is now down 4 points against Gideon.

More good polling news

General Election

Right Leaning pollster - Biden +5 in PA

Biden up 11 in Maine

And most importantly:

The very concerned Senator from Maine is now down 4 points against Gideon.

I wouldn’t count on there being much meaning behind a poll being “right leaning.” I also wouldn’t disregard its name. Trafalgar. Not the most renowned of pollsters, but biases aren’t indicators of accuracy or effectiveness. After all, Fox News polls, per 538, are generally pretty “left leaning.”

I refuse to get overly excited. I'm still scarred by election night 2016.

Related/unrelated - I do still believe that if things continue to spiral that Trump will cut and run.

I think the lynchpin will be funding. Trump has a slight edge on Biden currently. If that starts to slip and the outside donors dry up because they are afraid of supporting a sinking ship, I think the possibilities of him bailing go up.

I know, I know... He's a narcissist. His ego will never let him do it. Blah blah blah.

To think it wouldn't cross his mind shows a complete lack of understanding of the man's entire career.

Cutting out just before the whole shit can collapses, disavowing all responsibility and cutting himself a handsome deal is literally his entire history of, well, everything.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1280203174008303616?s=21

Guess figures he’s hurting so bad in the polls might as well push the racist narrative and see!

LMAO!! Can this be anymore obvious flailing desperation? Is this like the 10 racist tweet of the day? I mean, I think even mild racists are like, "Dude? seriously?"

I love how the Trump team took months to try and formulate the new message of how win in 2020, and all they figured out is that Trump is unable to do anything but be racist and accuse other people of what he is guilty of. End of story.

Last edited:
At some point he’s going to tweet the N word and all the GOP and admin will try to make us believe he’s really bringing a conversation to the table, not derogatory

I refuse to get overly excited. I'm still scarred by election night 2016.

Related/unrelated - I do still believe that if things continue to spiral that Trump will cut and run.

I think the lynchpin will be funding. Trump has a slight edge on Biden currently. If that starts to slip and the outside donors dry up because they are afraid of supporting a sinking ship, I think the possibilities of him bailing go up.

I know, I know... He's a narcissist. His ego will never let him do it. Blah blah blah.

To think it wouldn't cross his mind shows a complete lack of understanding of the man's entire career.

Cutting out just before the whole shit can collapses, disavowing all responsibility and cutting himself a handsome deal is literally his entire history of, well, everything.

Agreed. Like I've said before, he can easily spin a resignation speech in his favor if he has to go that route. He may not want to resign, his ego would make it hard for him to admit he needs to resign, but if his back's against the wall and he has no other choices, then yeah, I can see him doing it to try and save himself.

And I would be more than fine with doing whatever's possible to hurry along that particular option.

So now we know PPP loans went to:

The Daily Caller
The Ayn Rand Institute
Kushner Family
Kanye West
Devin Nunes' winery

This is not from The Onion.

Was the Faustian Bargain the Republicans Made Worth It?

Many Republicans are secretly disgusted by Donald Trump but think it was worth supporting him to get two conservative Supreme Court justices and almost 200 judges on the lower courts. This is the ultimate Faustian bargain: They sold out all their principles on free markets, rule of law, immigration, international cooperation, and more to stack the federal courts for decades to come. But was it worth it?

Maybe not. Of the Trump judges, 143 are district judges, 53 are appellate judges, and 2 are international trade judges. Another 44 judges are in pipeline, but not all are certain of confirmation this year. Suppose Trump gets all of them. Then he would have filled 242 judge positions of the 851 in the federal judiciary. That is 28%. That may be impressive for a single term, but if all Trump gets is a single term, it is not so impressive. Barack Obama got 327 judges confirmed. George W. Bush got 326 confirmed. Bill Clinton got 376 confirmed.

If Joe Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate, they are likely to expand the federal judiciary quickly and move to get more judges confirmed than Trump. Judges can't be filibustered. Further, by the end of this year, 77 appellate court judges will be 65 or older. At that point they can take senior status and get a reduced workload while creating a full-time vacancy for a new young judge. Judges appointed by a Democratic president who are eligible for senior status are very likely to take it as soon as there is a Democratic president. Some Republican judges may take it, too, for the lower workload at full pay. So, in one term, Biden may be able to neutralize Trump's impact on the federal courts, in which case some Republicans may be sorry they sold out their principles for nothing.

Here is another factor to consider: It is tough for any party to win three consecutive presidential terms. Since World War II, only Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush pulled this off. But it is widely expected that if Biden wins, he will serve only one term. If his veep (or another Democrat) is elected in 2024, there will be an incumbent running in 2028, greatly increasing the likelihood of the Democrats getting three consecutive terms, with all the judicial nominations that might entail.

If Biden is really concerned about the courts, it is even conceivable that in Jan. 2024 he announces that he is no longer up to the job due to his advanced age and resigns as president. This would not only make his veep president, but it would make it very hard for a Democratic challenger to mount a campaign fast enough, with filing deadlines rapidly approaching. It would also allow his veep to run as an incumbent in 2024 and potentially serve two full terms in addition to his final year. So in 10 years, a lot of Republicans could be wondering whether the Faustian bargain they made was worth it. (V)

https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2020/Pres/Maps/Jul06.html#item-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom