US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Let's be fair,
Irvine used the joke first.
But it's good enough for multiple usage.

but it's my fault for repeating the joke.

this is what happens when you drink and post and are slowly losing your mind during a pandemic. i should know better.

Wonder why he chose Cory Booker of all the people in Congress ???

The other thing is it’s 2020, there are far more working and professional women in the suburbs than “suburban housewives”. Idiot.

And actually more women in the workforce than men. He's a piece of shit. In case we haven't covered that.

The Republican/Fox News response to the Harris pick has been pleasantly laughable. They really don’t know how to handle this.

It's incredible. :D:lol:

So far it seems to tilt toward the "she's a radical leftist". In this she mirrors Joe Biden. No one believes it and it will sway zero voters. It will only harden the racist vote that he already has anyway.

Do you guys think they will stay with the "radical leftist" path? Or try something new? I mean, Trump is already doing the racist and misogynistic part. The angry Black woman! Nasty, disrespectful, treats men horribly!! And no proper housewife will vote with her on the ticket!

Not sure what other path they have. They can't say she was too tough of a prosecuter and make that stick. I'm coming up empty on what other ways they can hit her or Biden at this point.

So..... Racism it is!

You're right, Great speeches earlier by both.

Anyone else donate to join the Biden/Harris event coming up in 30 minutes?

I did it for Obama and definitely for this one.

I can't afford much this year, but worth it.

Moonlit...
was your area of Iowa hit by that terrible wind storm?
Let us know how you are! :hug:

No, it was all south of us. We did get a few thundershowers up here that morning, but we thankfully missed all the craziness. I feel for the poor people who got that-normally the only time anyone here in Iowa is experiencing 100 plus mph winds is if they're getting hit by a tornado. But no, this looked almost like a land hurricane or something. Just nuts.

Very good speeches by Biden and Harris. Best I've seen Joe Biden do in a long time.

I caught some of Harris' speech when I flipped over to our local NBC station earlier, and the part that I got a kick out of was hearing the reporters talking afterward, because they sounded kinda relieved, like, "Finally, a special report/breaking news segment that ISN'T about whatever stupid thing Trump did or said today!" They got to talk about something positive for a change. It was nice :).

Trumpy just said that he thinks on Nov 4th suddenly schools will open. Because most of the closings are being done for political reasons.

TREMENDOUS growth next year unless Biden gets elected.

Trumpy just said that he thinks on Nov 4th suddenly schools will open. Because most of the closings are being done for political reasons.

Yep, we're in various states of lockdown in every country on the planet until November 4 because of him.

Just imagine having an ego so big.

And Judge Wino (Jeanine) claiming Biden won’t live to October is a nice touch too.

Every horrible thing imaginable will be said and done this election.

Don’t share garbage news.

Also fuck Newsweek for letting propaganda hide behind “free speech.” They did this with the “Yale doctor” who tried to call not-studies “natural experiments” ie “I made the whole thing up.”

Again I say, can somebody please just shut him up already?

(Also, on the note of Trump and racism, just watched a documentary on the Investigation Discovery channel about the Charlottesville tragedy, and it just reiterated that Trump can go fuck himself with his "fine people on both sides" bullshit.

I would also recommend the documentary. It's disturbing and horrifying to watch, but I think it's one everyone should be required to see.)

No, it was all south of us. We did get a few thundershowers up here that morning, but we thankfully missed all the craziness. I feel for the poor people who got that-normally the only time anyone here in Iowa is experiencing 100 plus mph winds is if they're getting hit by a tornado. But no, this looked almost like a land hurricane or something. Just nuts.
Very happy to hear you're OK!
I think it was Brian Williams tonight (I was listening to audio only) who showed a before/after photos of Iowa where farm crop areas were decimated. :( I'd never heard the term for that type of powerful straight line wind.

I caught some of Harris' speech when I flipped over to our local NBC station earlier, and the part that I got a kick out of was hearing the reporters talking afterward, because they sounded kinda relieved, like, "Finally, a special report/breaking news segment that ISN'T about whatever stupid thing Trump did or said today!" They got to talk about something positive for a change. It was nice :).

My phone wasn't loud enough to catch all of their speeches. That's interesting about about the post speech reporters tone.

Donald Trump is far too selfish to be racist.

It just so happens that being racist is a path to victory in America!

“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes…. Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else… Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

— Donald Trump. In 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom