US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no bottom with the current GOP, there are no standards below which they won't dip, there is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing about this criminal cabal that should surprise anyone at this point.

Trump is a hideous waste of space but he is just one man and they're standing behind him like lemmings. When he is gone, they will still be here.

There is no bottom with the current GOP, there are no standards below which they won't dip, there is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing about this criminal cabal that should surprise anyone at this point.

Trump is a hideous waste of space but he is just one man and they're standing behind him like lemmings. When he is gone, they will still be here.

Correct.
The GOP is currently manipulating and using a mentally ill person, in an effort to cause division in a presidential election. The lows always go lower. These people are without any sense of decency.

So it looks like the oranges of the Russia investigation will be the GOP's new Benghazi? I'm seeing hearings with foaming mouthed Lindsays and Gym Jordans and piles of phony indictments.

Question... Will anyone care? Or will the inevitable 3rd wave of covid from reopening schools drowned it out? We shall see.

Last edited:
So it looks like the oranges of the Russia investigation will be the GOP's new Benghazi? I'm seeing hearings with foaming mouthed Lindsays and Gym Jordans and piles of phony indictments.

Question... Will anyone care? Or will the inevitable 3rd wave of covid from reopening schools drowned it out? We shall see.
1*Tp0-CZRPCOyAB3JrIYBP2g.jpeg

Of Kanye West's 18 electors in Ohio, six appear to live at the same address in Cleveland

Another 4 appear to be at the same address in Lakewood Ohio

Only in 2020 could Kanye screw us over with four more years of Trump. They're all in on this, maybe Kanye is too. Yes he has mental health issues, but he can still understand what's going on here.

NY Times

Republicans Aid Kanye West’s Bid to get on the 2020 Ballot

Republican activists in at least half a dozen states are deeply involved in the effort to get Kanye West’s name before voters, renewing questions about the aim of his campaign.

Aug. 4, 2020
By Danny Hakim and Maggie Haberman

The effort to get Kanye West on the ballot as a third-party candidate in several states is increasingly looking like an operation run by President Trump’s allies and Republican activists that is aimed at diverting votes from Joseph R. Biden Jr.

The move, which comes as Mr. West’s wife, Kim Kardashian West, has said her husband is struggling with mental illness, underscores that this will be an unusual, and unusually bare-knuckled, presidential election.

The strategy became overt on Tuesday, when Lane Ruhland, a lawyer who has worked for the Trump campaign, delivered ballot signatures to Wisconsin elections officials on behalf of the West campaign.

Ms. Ruhland worked for the state Republican Party during Wisconsin’s recount in the 2016 presidential election. She has been representing the Trump campaign in a lawsuit filed this year against a Wisconsin television station for airing an advertisement criticizing the president’s coronavirus response.

A spokesman for the law firm where Ms. Ruhland works, Husch Blackwell, said she was unavailable for comment.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel also reported that at least five other people connected to Mr. West’s Wisconsin bid are active in the Republican Party or are Trump supporters.

Tim Murtaugh, a Trump campaign spokesman, said there was no legal conflict with a Trump campaign lawyer’s involvement in the West operation. “We have no knowledge of anything Kanye West is doing or who is doing it for him,” Mr. Murtaugh said.

Several other people active in the party are connected to Mr. West’s candidacy. One operative, Mark Jacoby, is an executive at a company called Let the Voters Decide, which has been collecting signatures for the West campaign in Ohio, West Virginia and Arkansas. Mr. Jacoby was arrested on voter fraud charges in 2008 while he was doing work for the California Republican Party, and he later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

Mr. Jacoby, in a statement, said his company was nonpartisan and worked for all political parties. “We do not comment on any current clients, but like all Americans, anyone who is qualified to stand for election has the right to run,” he said.

On Wednesday, Vice reported that a Republican operative in Colorado, Rachel George, was helping Mr. West get on the ballot there. She did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

New York Magazine reported Monday evening on the campaign’s links to two other people with partisan ties. One is Gregg Keller, the former executive director of the American Conservative Union, who has been listed as a contact for the campaign in Arkansas. Mr. Keller, who did not respond to a message seeking comment, is a Missouri-based strategist. He was under consideration to be Mr. Trump’s campaign manager in 2015, a role that was ultimately filled by Corey Lewandowski, according to a former campaign official.

Another person linked to the West campaign is Chuck Wilton, who is listed as a convention delegate for Mr. Trump from Vermont and as an elector with the West operation who could potentially cast an Electoral College vote for Mr. West. Mr. Wilton could not be reached. He and his wife, Wendy, a Trump appointee at the United States Department of Agriculture, have been political supporters of the president. She hung up immediately when called at her office.

The nature of the financial relationships between the West campaign and the operatives, if any, was not immediately clear.

Mr. West missed the deadline to get on the ballot in many states, but could serve as a spoiler in others, including battlegrounds like Wisconsin and Ohio, where signatures were filed on his behalf on Wednesday. Mr. Trump himself suggested last month that Mr. West could siphon votes from Mr. Biden, who has clinched the Democratic nomination.

Republicans seemed upbeat about his entry into the race.

“It appears that the Kanye West campaign made a smart decision by hiring an experienced election attorney,” said Alesha Guenther, a spokeswoman for the Wisconsin state Republican Party, after Ms. Ruhland dropped off the ballot signatures. “We welcome Kanye West and all other candidates who qualified for ballot access to the race.”

Mr. West was until recently a fervent supporter of Mr. Trump and said they shared a “dragon energy,” but he declared early last month that he would run for president.

Mr. West developed a relationship with Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, after Ms. Kardashian West worked with Mr. Trump on criminal justice reform efforts. Mr. Kushner declined to comment, but a person close to him said that while Mr. West had periodically reached out to him, Mr. Kushner hadn’t been stoking a run to divert votes away from Mr. Biden.

Soon after Mr. West’s announcement, he explained that he was going to use a Wakanda-like management approach, referring to the fictional country from “Black Panther.” His running mate, Michelle Tidball, is a self-described “biblical life coach” based in Cody, Wyo., where the Wests have a ranch. Ms. Tidball, according to TMZ, once advocated making beds and doing dishes as a way to treat mental illness.

During an appearance in South Carolina last month, Mr. West broke down crying. He later tweeted that Ms. Kardashian West “tried to bring a doctor to lock me up.” Amid his erratic behavior, his wife has spoken out about her husband’s struggles with mental illness, and Mr. West has publicly apologized to his wife for some of his comments.

A spokeswoman for Mr. West referred questions to the campaign, which did not respond to requests for comment. A spokeswoman for the Kardashian family also had no immediate comment.

Asked about Mr. West’s efforts on Wednesday evening, Mr. Trump said he had no knowledge of what the rapper was doing. He also spared Mr. West the type of criticism he usually unleashes against anyone who opposes him, as Mr. West ostensibly would be doing.

“I get along with him very well,” Mr. Trump said, adding that it remained to be seen if Mr. West gets on states’ ballots. “I’m not involved.”

If the swing states are as close as they were in 2016, Kanye on the ballot could absolutely make an impact. Trump won Wisconsin by 0.77%. 1 out of every 100 voters pick him as a gag or as some "ehrmagad they're all the same" protest vote and it could swing the state.

The polls say that this will be different - that Trump is sunk and it won't be close come election night.

I should believe this - but I still have election night 2016 PTSD. And I still believe he'll find a way to cheat.

Last edited:
Only in 2020 could Kanye screw us over with four more years of Trump. They're all in on this, maybe Kanye is too. Yes he has mental health issues, but he can still understand what's going on here.

“I get along with him very well,” Mr. Trump said, adding that it remained to be seen if Mr. West gets on states’ ballots. “I’m not involved.”

I'm not sure you can say that Kanye really understands what's going on here... I mean, is he being told that he is going to be put on the ballots in these states with a shot of winning the presidency and believe it? Because seeing how he speaks and whatever swing of his very severe bipolar disorder he is on, it would seem that he would believe this, when in fact being on the ballot in a handful of swing states is only (possibly) serving Trump/GOP.

Using his illness, which seems include to narcissistic and delusional grandeur, to dupe him into going along with this is really slimy and sick.

And maybe he is more clear headed and all he is thinking about is publicity for his album and he doesn't really give a shit about what that might mean. I dunno.

Also, Trump saying "I'm not involved" = I am involved and know the whole plan that was cooked up to get the blacks to vote for me.

Last edited:
If the swing states are as close as they were in 2016, Kanye on the ballot could absolutely make an impact.

The polls say that this will be different - that Trump is sunk and it's not close.

I should believe this - but I still have election night 2016 PTSD. And I still believe he'll find a way to cheat.

I'm with you here. I don't think it would matter too much in PA, MI, and WI. But a GA, TX, NC, sure. (I have not idea what ballots he will be on, I think I heard WI, OH, and CO so far)

The problem is that we don't know what is coming these next 89 days. Will the virus swing unexpectedly lower in early fall, will unemployment fall into single digits, will the Russia report have more of an impact than might be expected, will Trump do something outrageous that actually works?

I would say at least of couple of these are possible. All I know is that there are a lot of middle of the road, 2016 Trump voters that are against him now, but are just waiting for SOME reason to go back. So we have to work our asses off to get this done in November, knowing that there will be continued dirty tricks large and small from here until election day.

I believe that we will have a vaccine in October - whether the last trials are done or not - because Trump will force it out. And it will probably work. Whether that matters or not re: votes? Who knows... but it is absolutely something I'm expecting.

Things I'm also expecting

-- Burisma as the new Benghazi
-- Barr will arrest someone tied to the Obama campaign, potentially someone close to Biden
-- Hunter Biden will be made to testify in front of a Senate committee
-- Dr. Fauci will be fired
-- Trump will be banned from Twitter at some point
-- NYS will win it's court case and get access to Trump's tax returns, which will allow them to confirm fraud when they compare them to info already received from Deutsche Bank
-- Trump will ignore the court's order and not turn them over, directly defying the Supreme Court
-- We'll bomb someone
-- there will be outrageous acts of voter suppression
-- He'll try his damnedest to come up with an emergency to stay in power past January in the event that he does lose

and if that fails

-- he'll try to pardon himself, and if needs be, resign before January so Pence can pardon him

Last edited:
Well it's not Trump but spicy none the less

The chief executive of the National Rifle Association and several top lieutenants engaged in a decades-long pattern of fraud to raid the coffers of the powerful gun rights group for personal gain, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday by the New York attorney general, draining $64 million from the nonprofit in just three years.

In her lawsuit, Attorney General Letitia James called for the dissolution of the NRA and the removal of CEO Wayne LaPierre from the leadership post he has held for the past 39*years, saying he and others used the group’s funds to finance a luxury lifestyle.

She also asked a New York court to force LaPierre and three key deputies to repay NRA members for the ill-gotten funds and inflated salaries that her investigation found they took.

Reports are that Trump visited Walter Reed again last Saturday.

Does Trump’s health come into play before November ?

Finally some high quality polling out today after a week and a half of all over the place lower quality stuff.

Quinnipiac

ME-1 = Biden +31
ME-2 = Trump +1
ME = Biden +15 Clinton won by 3 in 2016

And some icing on the cake - Gideon +4

More interesting
Kentucky - Trump +9

McConnell +5

And even more interesting
SC - Trump +5

Harrison and Graham - Tied

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1291430774273605632

In Ohio remarks just now, Trump says Biden will "hurt the Bible, hurt God."

Then he says: "He's against God."

Do you think Trump comes up with this shit or do you think he actually pays money to people around him to come up with this shit?

I'm guessing someone got a bad internal poll of Evangelicals yesterday... Hey at least no one has been tear gassed. Yet.

Although he does so it very eloquently.

https://twitter.com/thebeach345/status/1291449992901726210

Pretty much at the same time this was happening:

Biden spent the morning addressing the Progressive National Baptist Convention, during which he invoked second Corinthians—not “two” Corinthians.
During which he declared, "The night is long, but joy cometh in the morning, and it's up to us to make sure it does. That's our charge: deliver America a new dawn.”

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1291430774273605632

In Ohio remarks just now, Trump says Biden will "hurt the Bible, hurt God."

Then he says: "He's against God."

Do you think Trump comes up with this shit or do you think he actually pays money to people around him to come up with this shit?

I'm guessing someone got a bad internal poll of Evangelicals yesterday... Hey at least no one has been tear gassed. Yet.

That is sick. My guess is that Miller came up with that. So offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom