US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious. So pretty much a way for Trump to fill his shit hole with pals that have no education or knowledge of government or whatever agency they would head up. But just that maybe they laund... I mean, managed money in their past. Or kept "the blacks" from rent... I mean, was a large real estate developer.

Add this to the top of the list of executive orders that will be done away with in short order.

Yea I disagree completely. And yes I feel dirty agreeing with any Trump policy, but I do agree with this one in principle. I have no doubt that the Trump administration will abuse any loophole to put unqualified rubes in charge, but they've been doing that for four years and don't need a policy change to further that.

Part of college reform should also include hiring reform. I'm all for encouraging people to be educated, but people shouldn't be held back from getting a job they are qualified for over a piece of paper.

Some job sourcing software tools remove anyone who doesn't have a degree from even being put in front of a hiring manager. So the guy who dropped out with a year to to to help his family, or who started their own business instead, doesn't even get looked at... meanwhile the legacy child who skated by with a 2.0 and a PhD in kegology gets an interview.

My mocking of the announcement was more on Ivanka Trump, a person of minimal skill who is ahead in life through nepotism and nepotism alone, talking about skill based hiring. It's the definition of irony.

That could be construed as true if you consider that he's leading everyone to hell.

Trying to think of one time he actually led by example...

She can't honestly believe that crap. Must praise Daddy, must seek Daddy's approval, must keep my fake ass job.

All the money in the world couldn't make me want to be her.

Yea I disagree completely. And yes I feel dirty agreeing with any Trump policy, but I do agree with this one in principle. I have no doubt that the Trump administration will abuse any loophole to put unqualified rubes in charge, but they've been doing that for four years and don't need a policy change to further that.

Part of college reform should also include hiring reform. I'm all for encouraging people to be educated, but people shouldn't be held back from getting a job they are qualified for over a piece of paper.

Some job sourcing software tools remove anyone who doesn't have a degree from even being put in front of a hiring manager. So the guy who dropped out with a year to to to help his family, or who started their own business instead, doesn't even get looked at... meanwhile the legacy child who skated by with a 2.0 and a PhD in kegology gets an interview.

My mocking of the announcement was more on Ivanka Trump, a person of minimal skill who is ahead in life through nepotism and nepotism alone, talking about skill based hiring. It's the definition of irony.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and thought this was strictly for gov jobs. Yeah, I'm all for hiring on experience. I would feel bad, but usually if a Trump is announcing something, I'm right to expect that it is a way to corrupt something.

As if he would show up to testify about anything anywhere ever.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they all know he's got neurological disease of some sort and if he loses they'll immediately have him declared incompetent to prevent any sort of prosecution.

Jack Posobiec has been wandering around my neighborhood today and if he comes anywhere near my house I have the garden hose primed and ready

ClumsyVainDogfish-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Un nice? Maybe? All he's doing is doing his job lol. I can only imagine how ridiculous this town hall was.

Donald Trump Says Joe Biden Is 'Going to Be Your President' Because 'Some People Don't Love Me, Maybe'

Donald Trump's disapproval rating is currently at a record high

By Ashley Boucher
June 26, 2020 11:02 PM

Donald Trump admitted Friday that his opponent Joe Biden may be elected president in November.

Speaking on Fox News during a town hall hosted by Sean Hannity, Trump, 74, first attacked Biden, 77, saying that the former vice president "can’t put two sentences together."

"I don’t want to be nice or un-nice, okay? But I mean, the man can’t speak," Trump said, falling back on one of his repeated critiques of Biden. "And he's going to be your president 'cause some people don't love me, maybe, and you know, all I'm doing is doing my job."

Trump's disapproval hit a high this week, according to a new poll from NPR, PBS Newshour and Marist that shows his approval at 40 percent overall and a 58 percent disapproval rating.

The poll also found that 49 percent of voters "strongly disapprove" of "the job Trump is doing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/26/trump-obamacare-supreme-court-brief/

Can we revisit the whole "Trump is a Manchurian candidate designed to destroy the country from within" theory? I think it's time to give that one another look.

Gotta agree here. I mean, he seems to be the perfect storm of killing Americans, dismantling government structures from within, corrupting justice, turning the public against the free press, and from what it looks like now, deconstructing the Republican Party.

Seriously, Dems won in 2018 primarily due to talking about healthcare front and center.
So far with everything else going on, healthcare was not in the spotlight. So what does Trump do? Brings it out there. The Dems most potent weapon. There truly is no reason other than to 1. Turn off more voters and 2. Undo an Obama thing and make millions more people sick.

To be fair he’s done nothing but destroy everything in his life.

Marriages
Parenting
Business

The dude clearly is self destructive himself. The only way he’s gotten around it is for his brain to create the illusion that he is some chosen one. His narcissism is so strong because his mind cannot accept reality.

Misery loves company and Donald Trump is trying to invite us all into his personal hell

To be fair he’s done nothing but destroy everything in his life.

Marriages
Parenting
Business

The dude clearly is self destructive himself. The only way he’s gotten around it is for his brain to create the illusion that he is some chosen one. His narcissism is so strong because his mind cannot accept reality.

Misery loves company and Donald Trump is trying to invite us all into his personal hell

I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that he's a narcissist...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1276328928123195392

Had this happened under ANY other presidency, they’d been killed by firing squads.

Since it’s Trump they’ll either

Deny it happened (fake news)
Or worse

Somehow justify it.

It will be written off as part of the Deep State conspiracy against Trump.

And all the GOP Senators and Congressmen privy to information we are not will twist themselves into a pretzel to say nothing at all. Susan Collins will furrow both brows.

Why do they even publish what his "Press Secretary" says? Her job is to lie for a living.

Dems better stay on this shit HARD. I'm guessing this first blatant lie will be debunked soon by leakers. This is where you can start to erode of more of trumps base. But you can't let the story die.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1276981842026082307

Hell, let's keep pushing until Trump is absolutely forced to resign. I don't care if he wants to resign or not, make it so he literally has no choice but to do so.

And then he absolutely needs to face charges for this. I know people keep saying that he'll never be held criminally accountable for any of the shit he's pulled, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do everything in our power to demand it and at least try and make it happen. At some point, he HAS to face actual consequences for his actions.

Well one thing each of us can do is

1) call your Dem Senators and Reps... Tell them to make as much noise as possible on this!

2) call your Repugs... Why? Because on the off chance enough phone calls just might move the needle on a few of them!
If you don't try you'll never know.

Here's the number

FREE CONGRESS # (866) 338 - 1015

:up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom