US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the whole TikTok, Kpop thing was a fun little gambit. It certainly was part of what made the actual event day pretty embarrassing. BUT, all it was, was a larger scale of something that happens at every event on both sides. Lots of fake signups.
So even if they were 90% Of the signups, that would mean 100,000 real signups. Which would mean that they still totally miscalculated.

Today, Parscale puts out a statement saying the whole TikTok thing was phony. That they cross reference all signups with cellphone numbers and throw out the fakes.

Sooooo... What he just did was throw out a perfectly plausible excuse as to why last night was such a complete disaster. He even says that to suggest it would mean they “hadn’t done their jobs as professionals”. Sigh. Brad. Seriously. You think last night was you doing your job as a professional?!?

What happened last night showed that even the most die hard Trumper isn’t believing what he’s selling. And the MOST die hard Teumpers are dwindling in numbers in a big way.
I think more important than the actual tiny turnout, is the video of the people in the arena, yawning, sleeping, staring blankly, looking at their phones, etc.
Like Donnie’s Father said, you can only con people for so long. And I think we are looking at the expiration date.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1274728866800709633

They didn’t cap tickets to the event. So the real issue is that despite billions of tickets that could have been purchased, only 6200 bothered to show.

In a deep red state.

Let’s see how the rest of his rallies go

They didn’t cap tickets to the event. So the real issue is that despite billions of tickets that could have been purchased, only 6200 bothered to show.

In a deep red state.

Let’s see how the rest of his rallies go

And don't forget, surrounded mostly by other red states. Also, just to clarify, no tickets were "purchased". This is an RSVP system. So a bunch of fakes, and some real RSVP'd to this event.
And only 6,200 showed up.

So the amount of fakes definitely made it challenging for them to plan for the appropriate number of people that would actually attend.
But there's more to it than that.
This happens for every event Dem and Rep. Lots of fakes, lots of people that RSVP to "show support" but don't actually intend to come.

It's the job of a competent campaign manager and team to sift through those numbers and determine the venue and logistics.

First, it couldn't have been incredibly difficult to discard a large majority of the fakes. They say they cross-reference by cell phone number and or/email. . So if it was Kpop involved, a lot of those were probably overseas RSVP's. Easily discarded.
Any individual RSVP'ing dozens of times, easily discarded. A insane amount of new logins and emails/numbers that they already don't have in their system, should have been a HUGE red flag especially at this level.

Also, these RSVP's always come with a donation ask. Like I just RSVP'd and donated to the Biden/Obama virtual event next week. So there again, is a major way to weed out fakes and real.

Then, you have to calculate what percentage of RSVP's usually actually attend. Maybe it's 50% or 25%, Who knows. But that's the job of campaign.

So maybe they were able to get rid of a lot of fakes, but not all, and they figured 100k were real, and 50% of that is 50k, and they planned for that. Who knows.

Or, they are so up Trump's ass, that all they cared about was reporting to him how many RSVP's they got, and didn't really do their due diligence.

Whatever the case. This was a screw up at the Manager/campaign level. And beyond that showed just how few of the truly die hard, sleep on the street, die of a virus Trump cult members there are.

It will be interesting if they even have another rally soon. This has to have shell-shocked them a bit. I can see Trump suddenly using "safe social distancing" as an excuse not to hold another one. Which would be hilarious, but irony and shame never stopped these people before.

Right. No tickets purchased.

Can’t see Brad leading the Death Star much longer

This is Trump Amp. TrAmp.

e4e6829d7349419ba19fc440d93496fb-1.jpg
:lol:

I like this map : ). I would be fine with this map.

:lmao: : applaud: Wonderful. Let the cracks continue, and let karma continue to come back and smack him down so hard.
Amen! "Instant karma gonna get to you..."

Overflow has been canceled! :lol::D:lol::D:lol:

https://twitter.com/JaysonFras/status/1274473220998156294

Frantic texts going out begging people to come to the indoor rally. This is just so sweet.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1274477712233676800
:lmao:
Omg, I know! I was on DU tracking the rally there when that begging tweet was posted!
I should have peeked in here to see if a bunch of you were posting at that time.
I need more political interactions faster which is why I joined DU.
Are any of you there?

Pretty disturbing. A Tulsa schoolteacher, went to the line of the rally today, had an I Can't Breathe T-shirt on. She had a ticket to the event.
She sat and prayed by the line of people. 8 police officers came, said that she wasn't welcome there. "This was their house" and she was not welcome and had to leave. She stayed sitting peacefully and praying.
They grabbed her, handcuffed and arrested her for obstructing a police officer.

This is America 2020
I saw the photo of them taking her away :angry:
She was peaceful, and a young elder. SHAME!

:lmao: That was glorious!
Shadenfreude!

My God, the Lindsay and Barr ones are hysterical
:lmao: I know!

The Emptysburg Address
LOL
The LP polled us at DU for which of 4 titles to pick (of which that was one).

Last edited:
So Bolton says he will be voting for Biden.

Some history of he and Biden:

Biden and Bolton have a long history of clashing personally. At the Reagan DOJ, Bolton shepherded the Bork nomination that Biden helped defeat as Judiciary chairman. As SFRC ranking member, Biden helped torpedo Bolton for UN ambassador.

What happened last night showed that even the most die hard Trumper isn’t believing what he’s selling. And the MOST die hard Teumpers are dwindling in numbers in a big way.
I think more important than the actual tiny turnout, is the video of the people in the arena, yawning, sleeping, staring blankly, looking at their phones, etc.
Like Donnie’s Father said, you can only con people for so long. And I think we are looking at the expiration date.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1274728866800709633

God, let's hope so. Even cults have to weaken and fall eventually, and if this is the beginning of the end of this one, then fantastic.

The Emptysburg Address

This needs to be a trending hashtag on Twitter, and used in any media reports on this rally, stat :up:.

Project Lincoln out fast with a new ad. This one certainly is for an audience of one.
And we see that it works. Project Lincoln was the one that started #rampgait and had an ad about his drinking of water and walking the ramp.

Last night at the rally, 1 out of every 8 minutes was Trump talking about the ramp. They know how to send him into a tailspin.

This one is less subtle shall we say. LOL

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1274828565385805824

Project Lincoln out fast with a new ad. This one certainly is for an audience of one.
And we see that it works. Project Lincoln was the one that started #rampgait and had an ad about his drinking of water and walking the ramp.

Last night at the rally, 1 out of every 8 minutes was Trump talking about the ramp. They know how to send him into a tailspin.

This one is less subtle shall we say. LOL

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1274828565385805824

Damn. I especially love how taunting that voiceover is.

So Bolton says he will be voting for Biden.

Some history of he and Biden:

Biden and Bolton have a long history of clashing personally. At the Reagan DOJ, Bolton shepherded the Bork nomination that Biden helped defeat as Judiciary chairman. As SFRC ranking member, Biden helped torpedo Bolton for UN ambassador.

He said he wouldn't vote for Biden. He said he would figure out a conservative Republican to write in.

The Bolton interview was gold. I just wish he would have testified, even though it wouldn't have mattered. He said the Democrats committed impeachment malpractice, and he's probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom