US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaetz is such a fucking tool.

Roberts is also saving the GOP from having to defend really unpopular political positions.

Most Americans are fine with gays not getting fired and not punishing Dreamers alike.

:up: As we've said, this is why the GOP has to resort to voter suppression tactics, because they know their positions on these kinds of issues aren't popular nowadays.

Really happy to hear about the DACA news today :).

Also, he's pulling the restraining order against Bolton, because in order for them to invoke Executive Privilege, the subject matter has to be factual. So he's got his tiny nuts in a vice on that one.

:giggle: Talk about a plan backfiring, huh?

Also, if Trump had anything resembling any sort of self-awareness, he would just shut the hell up, because the more he rants and tries to block this kind of stuff, the more likely people are to believe he's clearly got something to hide. Which, of course, he does.

Nobody says it worse.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273633632742191106

I'm kinda beginning to kind of believe the rumblings that people around Trump don't think he wants to do 4 more years of this.

Lord, let's hope so.

In all seriousness though, I know I can come across as a dick sometimes, but anyone here that knows even a slice of info about me knows that I take my kids very seriously and put them way before me. For Gaetz to use his own kid for political gain is one of the lowest forms of parenting and may he go to hell.

Some days I hate him even more than usual

President Trump said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that he made Juneteenth, the annual holiday commemorating the end of slavery, "very famous" by originally scheduling a campaign rally on the date.

"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump told the Journal in an interview Wednesday, referencing the news coverage of the planned rally that was moved to a later date. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."

Trump was widely criticized for scheduling the rally on June 19 in Tulsa, Okla., the site of one of the bloodiest acts of racial violence in 1921, with many critics charging that it was a racially insensitive decision.

Trump eventually postponed the rally, acknowledging "many" of his African American friends and supporters had reached out asking him to change the date.

Juneteenth has been a day to mark the end of slavery in the United States for more than 150 years and is recognized as a holiday in 47 states and the District of Columbia.

Trump told the Journal that a black Secret Service agent informed him of the meaning of Juneteenth. He also claimed he polled those around him and none had heard of the annual holiday. Trump was surprised to learn from an aide during the interview with the Journal that the White House put out a statement marking the occasion last year.

"Oh, really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement?" Trump said. "OK, OK. Good.

So, if we are keeping track of potential Biden attacks by Trump that are now null and void...
Health and now China are both dead in the water to try and hit Biden with. I would say those were the big two that were coming down the pike.

any others?

Also, we are now almost 4 months out. Has there been any talk of debates?

Polling update

Quinnipiac - Biden +8
Fox News - Biden +12

538 has a nice overview of national tracking average and state poll averages. Biden up about 9 points nationally now (there was another poll out today that was Biden +6)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...how-biden-leads-trump-by-9-points-nationally/

Interesting to see the date where Trump starts to drop and Biden starts to climb. June 4th. The day of the Bible photo op.

Whoops!
Sorry, forgot to add some 2016 numbers for context

So Clinton's June 2016 average was +5.2
And Clinton's July 2016 average was +2.9

Last edited:
So, if we are keeping track of potential Biden attacks by Trump that are now null and void...
Health and now China are both dead in the water to try and hit Biden with. I would say those were the big two that were coming down the pike.

any others?

Also, we are now almost 4 months out. Has there been any talk of debates?
He's "sleepy"

Some interesting toplines from the Fox News poll with Biden up12.

Biden's lead comes from the backing of black voters (+79 points over Trump), those under age 30 (+37), suburban areas (+22), women (+19), and voters ages 65+ (+10).

Trump told the Journal that a black Secret Service agent informed him of the meaning of Juneteenth. He also claimed he polled those around him and none had heard of the annual holiday. Trump was surprised to learn from an aide during the interview with the Journal that the White House put out a statement marking the occasion last year.

"Oh, really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement?" Trump said. "OK, OK. Good.

:banghead: :rolleyes:

Truly, he is the stupidest person I have ever seen in my life. And there's quite a few contenders for that title lurking around out there.

Imagine being adopted, and it taking 7 years for your dad to refer to you as your son.

Oh boy. Smiling seeing portly racists sitting in the high winds yesterday, trying to set up tents :lol::D:lol::ohmy:
and then rain this morning waiting for the rally in Tulsa.

Now, just sit back and think... 3 days of people that may already be “hygiene challenged” sitting in the hot Tulsa sun for two days, then soaked in rain...
All filed into an indoor arena. Now imagine the aroma. :crack::|

Guess we’ll find out large indoor gathering vs outdoor.

So far i haven’t read or heard of any uptick in cases linked to protests.

Have to imagine an indoor rally, even with everyone wearing masks will have a different outcome.

I gotta say, with all the protests going on with tens of thousands of people... The best thing that could have happened is if 4 days ago, 20,000 protesters all got in line at the arena in Tulsa before anyone else. That would have been fun.

This Tulsa rally could be a complete disaster. 20,000 people packed indoors, going to restaurants, bars, hotels....then back to their communities.

The world will be watching as this will be the first mass gathering of people since this started.

This Tulsa rally could be a complete disaster. 20,000 people packed indoors, going to restaurants, bars, hotels....then back to their communities.

The world will be watching as this will be the first mass gathering of people since this started.

Narrator: it's not the first mass gathering of people since this thing started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom