US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1273302731965464578

This is also happening while McTurtle and Trump don't want to extend unemployment benefits. Wonder how many in this line think the economy is roaring back??

Also heard that Trump wants to have a "back to work bonus" in the next stimulus instead of extended unemployment. Because it makes perfect sense to give a chunk of money to people who are lucky enough to find work, and to drop those that have no income. Your 2020 GOP Fucksticks at work!

Really caring about those working class people there, huh, Trump supporters?

Disagree about profit motive. By testifying, he just becomes another turncoat reject from Orange don’s regime. He wasn’t going to turn 50% of republicans against Trump with a testimony.

But what he’s done now is 1) drawn this out even further and 2) just put every anti impeach republican vote on a pedestal for their re-election campaigns. John Bolton just fucked them all.

It also further weakens the claims from the right that any criticism of Trump is just coming from "whiny, pouty liberals who can't get over 2016". We have ample evidence to the contrary now.

Guy really thinks his job as president entitles him to continue to sue everyone in sight, doesn't he? Jesus Christ.

Once again, Trump supporters, fuck every last one of you for saddling us with this insanity these past four years. We've talked about how the GOP needs to be brought down in this election, but boy, I'd love it if that fallout could trickle down (ha) to its supporters, too.

I know that Trump advisors are probably telling him bluntly to stop trying to block the Bolton book. (Just filed a restraining order to have it blocked.)
Probably saying, just let it go, it will blow over, no one will care...

But Trump can’t help himself. And that is going to be what defeats him in the end. His narcissistic, sociopathic mind makes him incapable of letting things go.
He now has made it clear that the book contents are true, that they are damning, and has ensured it will run all over the news and skyrocket sales. But he can’t help himself.

This strategy has always been so transparent, yet it always worked.
I understand that he also managed to escalate to the point where it just felt impossible to ignore, but I wonder if these kind of tweets couldn't have been contextualized stronger, or maybe treated as a side story, to leave front and center to what's clearly the issue that he is trying to deflect from.

Trump's niece, now that's a book I really want to read. She's a psychologist, and she's supposed to talk about the dysfunction in the family that helped to make Trump the way he is.

Unfortunately she signed a NDA, and Trump is threatening to go to court to stop publication.

In respect of what did she sign the NDA? The challenge of Trump Sr's will?

Another 1.5 million file for unemployment this week. Staying on course for about 6 million this month.
But don't worry!!! When unemployment numbers come out, there will assuredly be millions of new jobs created! :huh:

Drunky McBlockhead with a brilliant verbal take down of a black Congressman over the police reform bill.
He knows how important police reform is because he lives it, every day.Knows the pain and fear and discrimination, because he too is a father of black children. Just really moving stuff.

Oh wait.... He doesn't have black kids? Wait what?? He has no kids at all?!? Huh...

https://twitter.com/paulwaldman1/status/1273449903373647872

I guess the good thing is that while the GOP Senate/House has completely shifted towards Trumpism, the Supreme Court hasn't. They're our last hope between now and Election Day.

Drunky McBlockhead with a brilliant verbal take down of a black Congressman over the police reform bill.
He knows how important police reform is because he lives it, every day.Knows the pain and fear and discrimination, because he too is a father of black children. Just really moving stuff.

Oh wait.... He doesn't have black kids? Wait what?? He has no kids at all?!? Huh...

https://twitter.com/paulwaldman1/status/1273449903373647872

Maybe he considers all the brown bottles he drinks from his kids

I guess the good thing is that while the GOP Senate/House has completely shifted towards Trumpism, the Supreme Court hasn't. They're our last hope between now and Election Day.

Roberts is also saving the GOP from having to defend really unpopular political positions.

Most Americans are fine with gays not getting fired and not punishing Dreamers alike.

US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

Don’t get your hopes up.

DACA and Abortion are still on deck.

Don’t forget that the shit going on with voter suppression is directly tied to Mr Roberts saying racism is over

Oops, didn’t see the DACA news

In respect of what did she sign the NDA? The challenge of Trump Sr's will?

Yes

The president has told people close to him that he's having his lawyers look into what they can do to legally threaten his niece over the book, two people familiar with the matter told the Daily Beast.

This would likely be "in the form of a cease and desist letter," the outlet reported.

One of the sources said that the president mentioned at one point that Mary Trump signed a nondisclosure agreement in 2001, when she and her brother, Fred Trump III, reached a settlement with her uncle and two of his siblings over Fred Trump Sr.'s estate

The NDA reportedly barred her from publishing anything about the litigation and her relationships with Donald Trump, Robert Trump, or Maryanne Trump Barry, who acted as executors of their father's estate.

At some point people in the Trump, Inc. orbit will realize that

A) Trump threatens everyone with lawsuits... he rarely follows through, and he hen he does, he usually loses

B) an NDA is not binding if it's used to cover up illegal activity

The payments this guy has made, or is continuing to make, must be staggering.

Then again - a lot of this shit is and has been out there and people either ignore it or discount it for whatever reason.

At some point, if the corruption is all in the open, it becomes normalized.

:: puts on my tin foil hat::

maybe the conservative judges are ruling against trump as a set up to scare moderate republicans into voting for trump so they can get more judges and overturn roe

::takes off my tin foil hat::

moderate Republicans don't care about Roe; they want their 17-year old Caitlin to be able to get a safe and legal abortion should the need present.

moderate Republicans care about tax cuts.

At some point people in the Trump, Inc. orbit will realize that

A) Trump threatens everyone with lawsuits... he rarely follows through, and he hen he does, he usually loses

B) an NDA is not binding if it's used to cover up illegal activity

The payments this guy has made, or is continuing to make, must be staggering.

Then again - a lot of this shit is and has been out there and people either ignore it or discount it for whatever reason.

At some point, if the corruption is all in the open, it becomes normalized.

The other thing is, let him sue.

He has to show that he's suffered damages from the breach of the NDA. Good luck with that while his fat ass is sitting in the office of POTUS while making $ on the side.

Also, he's pulling the restraining order against Bolton, because in order for them to invoke Executive Privilege, the subject matter has to be factual. So he's got his tiny nuts in a vice on that one.

Of course he did...

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintel...te-political-prisoners-ORrrWpsUs0Cp0oBRxoD7FQ

Beyond this. I think Biden should do his next speech on this. The complete fabrication of Antifa, and then list off the dozens of arrests, shootings, etc... by right wing members this past month during the protests.
He won't, the strategy of being the calm, competent, empathetic leader is working for him. But once in a while, I'd like to see a bold button pushing just to stir things up a bit.

The Lincoln Project people are some of the best ad makers out there, with the quickest turnaround time.
Interesting to see not just these guys, but other large moderate Repub groups forming PACs to defeat Trump, while I still see the rose brigade trashing Biden all over social media.

They are good at hitting Trump where they know it will bother him personally and also sway moderates and indys.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1273614101634330625

I too wake up and wonder does the Supreme Court not like me??

Now Trump going all cray cray about the justices. Talking about listing names for the next conservative judge to be placed there.

If i were ANY liberal judge on the court I’d have 24/7 security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom