US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Trump hasn’t gone completely batshit and would acknowledge he’s done something wrong, you’re wrong. He’s more likely to try to amend the constitutional term limits than he is to try consciously acknowledge any wrongdoing.

Oh he won't admit wrongdoing, but he'll say "the Dems will be attempting another hoax witch hunt once I'm out of office and I'm self pardoning against any prosecution for life to spare our great country that waste of time and money."

US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

Donald Trump will not agree to a resignation or any acknowledgement of wrongdoing, period.

And I’m arguing he’s more willing to use extreme tactics for self preservation right now, as he has entirely lost it and if he admits defeat then his four years of refusing to ever acknowledge minor defeats will have been for naught.

Oh I'm sure he'll try but he won't be successful. The secret service will drag his ass out by his long ties if he refuses to leave. The courts won't back him, and McConnell will dump his carcass by the side of the road the second he's not politically useful anymore.

"I had no choice! The system is rigged! The Democrats would have made up fake news to keep me from telling the people the truth on my new news network!"

Guy's about self preservation and spin. If the walls are closed in he'll so whatever it takes to get out of it. Much like his bankruptcies.

He is absolutely Billy Zane in Titanic.

Oh I'm sure he'll try but he won't be successful. The secret service will drag his ass out by his long ties if he refuses to leave. The courts won't back him, and McConnell will dump his carcass by the side of the road the second he's not politically useful anymore.

All of this is true.

But what's concerning is his army of MAGA voters who will absolutely hang on to every word he says and many of whom are (a) armed to the teeth and (b) willing to go "liberate" themselves from their tyrannical leftist mayors, governors, senators and fellow citizens.

Trump has already said he opposes the new Police Accountability bill without having seen it.

This will be interesting. Biden needs to make another speech clarifying where he stands and what he supports moving forward. Dems normal mistake of sitting on their hands and letting Repubs create and control the narrative no matter how false or bizarre.

You just can't make this shit up...

Asked by
@kaitlancollins
whether Trump still believes that NFL players who kneel should be fired, WH press secretary Kayleigh McEnany declines to say.

The president is very much against kneeling in general," McEnany said.

The RealClearPolitics spread is now at +7.8 for Biden.

For comparison, at this point in 2012, Obama was leading Romney by 1.4
Clinton was leading Trump by 4.3

Now the energy has to keep going and Trump has to keep being seen for the shitbag he is.

Voter turnout.

Biden would be a moron for not taking a Abrams at this point, unless she’s got something damning.

I've been a big proponent of Abrams. I still think she would be great but I'm guessing that Demings and Harris are still very strong possibilities. Demings with her background as chief of police, and Harris just for her skills and built in base of support she had from the primaries. Demings stands out again because she's from FL. Abrams obviously also has strength being from GA.
My money is that Abrams and Demings are top two right now.

What makes you think that Abrams is the best one?
I personally think Abrams is a better, more powerful speaker, is seen as more progressive whether true or not, and of course will be a force in fighting voter suppression.
Just not sure if they want someone with more experience at this point.

Oh, good lord. Is he going to give that speech from his bunker?

I seriously hope you're right about this. He absolutely needs to face criminal charges of some sort after he leaves office. He has to. Nobody should allow him any chance to create some new business or channel or whatever to further air his complaints or further communicate with the public in any way, shape, or form.

Regarding the polls, yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet, as noted, there's still a lot that can happen going forward. But the numbers in and of themselves do make me happy, and if they are indeed a sign of things to come, then wonderful.

Would that we could just have the election now and call it good.

Oh, good lord. Is he going to give that speech from his bunker?

I seriously hope you're right about this. He absolutely needs to face criminal charges of some sort after he leaves office. He has to. Nobody should allow him any chance to create some new business or channel or whatever to further air his complaints or further communicate with the public in any way, shape, or form.

Regarding the polls, yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet, as noted, there's still a lot that can happen going forward. But the numbers in and of themselves do make me happy, and if they are indeed a sign of things to come, then wonderful.

Would that we could just have the election now and call it good.
I would guess that he won't face any criminal charges.

A) I believe that if he loses he will leave no stone unturned in order to ensure that he never faces any criminal liability, at least at a federal level. He'll look into self pardoning, and yes, I do believe if it comes down to it and he's already lost the election that he would resign if he had a promise of a person from Pence.

B) Democrats are really bad at this and will probably fail to pursue charges because of unity or some shit.

The only hope are state level charges from NY. It won't come from Florida, that's for sure. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Regarding his leaving the White House once he loses? Of course he will. He'll have to. The alternative is a coup by the secret service, which, come on. He'll be gone if he loses. And McConnell is the most pragmatic bastard on earth. He'll drop him like a cheap suit.

You just can't make this shit up...

Asked by
@kaitlancollins
whether Trump still believes that NFL players who kneel should be fired, WH press secretary Kayleigh McEnany declines to say.

The president is very much against kneeling in general," McEnany said.

I wouldn't be shocked if he has asked McEnany to get on her knees #bluedress

“Abolish the police” does not mean there will be no policing. It just means that you start afresh with a new institution rather that trying to fix a corrupt one with powerful unions. Look at what Camden, NJ did. Move towards community policing. It’s a global best practice.

Ah I was going to mention this because NPR.org just had an interview with ?a former top official in the Camden police describing the changes and postive results. A hopeful look.

I've been a big proponent of Abrams. I still think she would be great but I'm guessing that Demings and Harris are still very strong possibilities. Demings with her background as chief of police, and Harris just for her skills and built in base of support she had from the primaries. Demings stands out again because she's from FL. Abrams obviously also has strength being from GA.

My money is that Abrams and Demings are top two right now.

What makes you think that Abrams is the best one?

I personally think Abrams is a better, more powerful speaker, is seen as more progressive whether true or not, and of course will be a force in fighting voter suppression.

Just not sure if they want someone with more experience at this point.
Odds still favor Harris (but my money is on Abrams)Screenshot_20200608-193524.jpg

Odds still favor Harris (but my money is on Abrams)View attachment 12533

Fucking dumb that Booker is on there. And Obama. Is Obama even eligible? I think technically but maybe not. Anyways, they’re not females, and not even those odds are realistic versus Biden’s word.

Also, if it’s Kamala, the “Kamala is a cop” thing will pretty much destroy her value to the black community in the current climate. Hard pass. Would be a fucking stupid mistake.

Kamala may be a cop, but at least she knows what defunding the police refers to, unlike Biden.

This is actually a really nuanced and knowledgeable summary of what the movement is about, though she was too noncommittal for my tastes. She's in a precarious position and likely doesn't want to show her hand at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom