US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is some news. I know not a lot of polling happening right now. But this one is, well... fairly shocking.

https://twitter.com/AstorAaron/status/1267628548170407936
Woah... That is pretty surprising!

This is literally a 10 minute walk from my house. I was outside protesting while this was happening. Felt good to flip off the motorcade.

Also, the protest was small (this is a small neighborhood) but very diverse, lots of kids, all ages. Also, the police were great.

We wuz with you in spirit! :applaud:

Glad you had a good protest.
Ha, fat finger must have hit an extra X.
:giggle:
Or too teeny type!

[TWEET]1267871876929421312[/TWEET]

Always time to remember how much this guy fucking sucks.

Uggggh, fecking asshat.

Last edited:
wow

If you were wondering why Trump is going on his bible holding tour.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1267813171798183937

Well this is some news. I know not a lot of polling happening right now. But this one is, well... fairly shocking.

https://twitter.com/AstorAaron/status/1267628548170407936

Good. Let this trend continue. Let him have to leave office like the disgrace that he is.

ETA: As noted in the one poll, Trump supporters may be dissatisfied because they feel he isn't being tough enough, but hell, if their disappointment makes it so they stay home on Election Day, that can only be a positive for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Large march headed to the White House - but a larger military presence as well.

I’m still quietly worried people could jump the gates. There’s heavy firepower on the roof. Shooting a single person making a mad dash at the WH is one thing. But if 200 people jump the fence at the same time? What happens then?

Really strange. About halfway through the Biden speech from today, I realized that I had completely forgotten what this was like. To have a president. One that speaks genuinely and thoughtfully. That is about inspiring and empathizing. That has heart and leadership.

We haven't heard it in 3 and a half years. It was sort of startling to hear again.

US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

Really strange. About halfway through the Biden speech from today, I realized that I had completely forgotten what this was like. To have a president. One that speaks genuinely and thoughtfully. That is about inspiring and empathizing. That has heart and leadership.

We haven't heard it in 3 and a half years. It was sort of startling to hear again.

I have the sense that Obama might have written, or edited, or closely advised that speech.

Let’s have him continue to do so.

JovialLeafyArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

The medical choppers they used in "show of force" demonstrations were flying very low last night. My house was clearly under their flight path as they were a constant presence from 7ish till I went to bed around midnight.

There are always helicopters flying overhead here and they're often military, but last night was different. The only thing I can compare it to was when I used to take the 34th Street Ferry home on NY and the helicopters at the helipad next to the ferry would sometimes hover overhead waiting for space to clear for a landing. They were that low and that loud.

Significantly different tonight. There have been a few flyovers but nothing like last night. I think they've switched to drones, tbh.

Other than a few fireworks that have gone off in the past hour it's been relatively quiet tonight.

That looked like a good size protest earlier

I've been in DC as a late teen onward -
>5xs fun, sight seeing & museums (at least), Christmas at the WH (Clinton) celebrating American Crafters
>3 Inaugurations - 1st Clinton's, both of Obama's
>7xs Protests - Labor, Renewable Energy, Pro-Choice, Iraq War
>1- 25th Anniversary of The March on Washington

I love :heart: The Mall from The Capital to the Lincoln Mall.
You don't how beautiful it was before they started putting up all protective barriers in the 90's. :sad:

Thanks for update, headache. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom