US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit) - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #861
War Child

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Of course social media is not always 100% accurate and unbiased reporting either.
The truth likely lies in between somewhere.
Of course. I'd love to see a number of journalists dig into what happened and get a more complete story.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #862
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I read this and I’m still trying to figure out what exactly is going on, what’s the outcome ?

They don’t want cops involved because fear of the tension that comes with it.

They don’t feel safe in their neighborhood because of the rising drug use and traffic that comes with it.

The comment that was tough to read was stating that it was the system at fault, not those in the camps. I don’t subscribe to the pull yourself up by the bootstraps BS that gets thrown around cause it implies it’s just so easy to become well off.

But people have to take some ownership for the situation they are in. Blaming others may give you some fuel for the short term but eventually you need more people to blame or your faced with reality.
We need to combat poverty, which is the main cause of crime. That's why the call to defund the police (not reform) is the solution people should be rallying around. Defunding the police directly results in critical social programs and education seeing an increase in their funding. That combats poverty. Policing does not.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #863
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:45 PM
US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

don’t disagree with the underlying issue.

Healthcare for all
Universal basic income
Regulate + tax corporations
Legalize drugs

I’d still argue over semantics with defund policing, but whatever works to get to a better society.

Unfortunately those topics are going to take time to achieve. And i know it sucks but the only way to move towards it is with a Biden administration. He won’t probably do much to achieve these goals but he does the first step, reverse the damage of Trump.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:46 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
We need to combat poverty, which is the main cause of crime. That's why the call to defund the police (not reform) is the solution people should be rallying around. Defunding the police directly results in critical social programs and education seeing an increase in their funding. That combats poverty. Policing does not.

Sorry man but to state that taking an action to defund something “directly” results in the funding of something else is your imagination.

I’m not going to stop someone from yelling defund the police because I refuse to obstruct the outrage. But the demand is not posing a solution. Disarm the police will be what I return to time and time again.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #865
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Even with everything that has gone on over the past few months, and yes along with the previous 3 years. You still have media and "journalists" straining to make this another 2016. The both-sideism, the using terms about Trump like "unprecedented" or unconventional, and making sure to note that Biden is also a flawed candidate. Yes idiots. EVERY candidate is flawed candidate. But it would be like two cars. One has a broken headlight and scratch on the door, and the other one is on fire.

Since Joe is playing rope-a-dope with Trump, the media and NYT in particular, can't stand it. They need to have this be a close race with bad stories on both sides to feel like they are doing something i guess.

anyway. Great quote from one of my favorite authors.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #866
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/thetnholler/stat...311276545?s=21

What an utter disgrace. It’s long past but the GOP just doesn’t care. All they want is to remain in power.

What does it say about the people he represents that this is who they want ?
Old 06-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #867
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post

anyway. Great quote from one of my favorite authors.

Stealing
Old 06-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #868
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Good high quality polls out today

3 National polls - Biden +14 Biden +8 and Biden +8
North Carolina - Biden +2
Ohio - Biden +1
Wisconsin - Biden +9 (up 6 points in a 45 days with same pollster)

Also - Cunningham +4 in North Carolina Senate race
Old 06-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Good high quality polls out today

Ohio - Biden +1

Also - Cunningham +4 in North Carolina Senate race
The Wisconsin one is what I've been waiting for. To me, it was just a matter of time before it fell largely in line with what we're seeing in MI and PA.

The best part of the 3-year-long teeth gnashing over how polls meant nothing in 2016 (not true) is that basically all the Trump supporters everywhere think he is going to win in a landslide. Keep at it guys.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #870
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ohio - Biden +1

it's quite good that Uncle Joe is a safe candidate -- it helps the olds and independents feel comfortable leaving Trump and his racist daily dramas. they're exhausted, and the thrill of 2016's shiny new penny is long gone. these are people who want stability and a sense of reality. further, the rise of BLM is basically perfect for a man who was the VP to the first black president. not all candidates were good at all dealing with race issues, and Joe is. empathy is what people want when ruled by a sociopath.

it's really nice to see these numbers.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:45 AM
And Joe is running a near perfect campaign right now which is “stay out of the way while Trump hangs himself”. He’ll have to come out in the open soon though and hopefully he’s been preparing, role playing debates, etc.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #872
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Still shocked at the absence of any quality polling from PA. Probably the second most important swing state.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #873
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/...71661171105793

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/...72448936914946
Old 06-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #874
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I guess ask and I shall receive...

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status...87461248438275

Tomorrow AM, we'll release polls in the big six battlegrounds: PA, WI, MI, AZ, FL, NC
In October, we found Biden+2 on average across these six states
Old 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #875
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

One big kick in Trump's balls might be that FL has long been a vote by mail state. So little chance he is going to change that, where as places like IA or OH or WI, etc... may be easier for him to mess with.

Then this news today...

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/stat...47216947384321
Old 06-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #876
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
And Joe is running a near perfect campaign right now which is “stay out of the way while Trump hangs himself”. He’ll have to come out in the open soon though and hopefully he’s been preparing, role playing debates, etc.
He certainly needs to have well rehearsed, replies to the obvious accusations that Trump will make and stupid questions that moderators will make.
Gotta have all that at the ready to hit back with.

I do think Biden is missing a moment here that could give him command of one news cycle. The total stupidity of the protesters in Madison WI. My old town and Alma Mater, pissed me off so much. I think Biden should have come out and made a video statement or gone on Maddow or something and he should demand that the statues be retrieved, repaired and put back, and make a statement that he supports the protests, and for all removal of confederate and slave owner statues, but that tearing down statues of women's rights activists, and abolitionists will not be tolerated and it weakens the voice of real protesters fighting for justice and reform.

I think that he needs to recognize that he is winning in large part because of college educated women/suburbanites.
But you will start to lose some if they see this sort of shit happening. You have them because they want safety, stability, and leadership.
I think it would be a safe, strong show of leadership, that would both voice support for protesters, call out confederate bullshit and show the voters that he will step in when needed.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #877
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Simple for Biden, no debates unless Trump releases his taxes.

No need to debate Trump. Biden has so much to lose and little to gain.

All Trump has to do is not sniffle 300 billion times and the media will proclaim “A new, more presidential Trump!!??”

If Biden has any gaffe, he’ll be torn to shreds.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:06 PM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Let's be honest here, this is a referendum on Trump. If Joe Biden spends the next 4 months holed up in his basement, it wouldn't make much of a difference. People aren't going to be turning out in droves to vote for Biden - he basically inspires nobody. His constituency are (i) people who may be politically agnostic or in the middle or don't care but DO want a return to some sort of normalcy/civility and (ii) people who hate Trump's guts and would vote for a household pet before him. That's it. Biden doesn't have to convince anyone, doesn't have to run on a policy, questionable whether he even needs a policy - not in the long term, obviously, but between now and November.

I'd lay low if I were him. Trump is all to happy to do the job for him.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:11 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Let's be honest here, this is a referendum on Trump. If Joe Biden spends the next 4 months holed up in his basement, it wouldn't make much of a difference. People aren't going to be turning out in droves to vote for Biden - he basically inspires nobody. His constituency are (i) people who may be politically agnostic or in the middle or don't care but DO want a return to some sort of normalcy/civility and (ii) people who hate Trump's guts and would vote for a household pet before him. That's it. Biden doesn't have to convince anyone, doesn't have to run on a policy, questionable whether he even needs a policy - not in the long term, obviously, but between now and November.

I'd lay low if I were him. Trump is all to happy to do the job for him.

Agreed entirely. Just don’t do anything stupid. Leave that to agent orange.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict

https://twitter.com/itsavibe/status/...an-run-ramp%2F