US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit) - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:32 PM
I know polls don’t matter 4.5 months out but this is really starting to look like a massive dumpster fire.

On the COVID side of things, everything is reopening except Arizona is now teetering on the edge and there are other southern states which, according to models, will have their healthcare systems overwhelmed in the September-October timeframe. You know full well that Trump won’t let those governors impose another lockdown, which might result in an even worse situation than models currently predict.

On the BLM side, everyone knows he’s racist, he has no plan, and the Democrats will not give him an inch on this - there is zero chance legislation is passed without them getting 100% of what they want, which is in diametrically opposed to what his base wants.

The economy is making a good recovery, but I think that we’re well beyond the point of voting on that basis alone.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:57 PM   #562
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I know polls don’t matter 4.5 months out but this is really starting to look like a massive dumpster fire.

On the COVID side of things, everything is reopening except Arizona is now teetering on the edge and there are other southern states which, according to models, will have their healthcare systems overwhelmed in the September-October timeframe. You know full well that Trump won’t let those governors impose another lockdown, which might result in an even worse situation than models currently predict.

On the BLM side, everyone knows he’s racist, he has no plan, and the Democrats will not give him an inch on this - there is zero chance legislation is passed without them getting 100% of what they want, which is in diametrically opposed to what his base wants.

The economy is making a good recovery, but I think that we’re well beyond the point of voting on that basis alone.
I was just thinking about this. I think there is some real hope that this lead has some staying power. The number of undecideds is way down from last time. If people are bailing on Trump because of COVID/BLM etc... What would bring them back. Sure some may stray back if the economy comes back strong. But i think some people are more sophisticated and know that Trump has nothing to do with the economy rebounding. It's businesses and companies hiring people back. The thing that made that happen was a Democratic lead bill to give them relief.

Is he going to stop being racist? Is he going to stop praising police and praise protesters? Is he going to boldly lead with empathy and compassion? I mean the stone is being set here. People know who he is. So yes, states like GA and NC may slip away. But WI, MI, AZ are looking good, Florida is cautiously good, PA is good, but needs some quality polls to be done. I am hoping that the whole Tulsa thing backfires in some way. As long as Trump keeps being himself, then we have real hope.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

As with everything Trump does, there is a loophole to do terrible things, and to always try to play it both ways.

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status...58013998018560
Old 06-16-2020, 07:33 PM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Quote:
The stock market is making a good recovery, the economy not really. At least not yet.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:48 PM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Well at least you know Dingleberry Donald hasn't a clue what the SC decision was or if there even was one.

https://twitter.com/AlexPattyy/statu...25698893713413
Dingleberry!? Bwaaahahahhaaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Putin will be paying a visit to Diemen.
Watch out!

Quote:
That was embarrassing to watch. white privilege at its highest and most ignorant.

p.s. - Can we all agree that we dodged a bullet with Bloomberg not getting the nomination.
I believe he would have been.. how do you say??? Fucked.
Yup, quite probably.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:24 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:32 PM
Quote:
And I feel that's another thing that will, or at least should, hopefully change when it comes to how people vote in the future. I know the whole "it's the economy" mantra has been a thing for a long time now, and I know that that's the thing people always point to as the main factor in which direction voters go.

But I also hope that people will also start to see that how a president conducts themselves on other issues, namely social ones, should be another very important factor in deciding whether they should be elected to office.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #567
Blue Crack Distributor

Trump voters did.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

I hate it when “McMuffin” is trending on Twitter for the wrong reasons.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #569
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And the GOP Police Reform bill follows the same nonsense as Trumps executive order.

They "discourage" chokeholds and no-knock warrants.

This is like the Susan Collins of bills.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #570
Blue Crack Distributor

To be fair I have the same reaction as officer McMuffin every time I try to get a good bacon egg and cheese in DC.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #571
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) has chosen June 26 to hold the first floor vote in a generation on D.C. statehood, hoping to harness a*national reckoning on race*and*capitalize on widespread outrage over the federal response to street protests in the nation’s capital.

Officials expect legislation making the District the 51st state to pass the House of Representatives with an overwhelming majority of Democrats, which would be a watershed moment for pro-statehood activists and the first time in U.S. history that either chamber of Congress has advanced a statehood bill.

Forty of 100 senators have announced they support D.C. statehood. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)*strongly opposes the legislation*and has said it will not get a vote in the Senate as long as he’s in charge.
Flip the Senate.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:10 AM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
To be fair I have the same reaction as officer McMuffin every time I try to get a good bacon egg and cheese in DC.
It definitely feels like 400 years of suffering every time.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #573
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

2 new national polls

JUNE 10-16, 2020
Biden 48%
Trump 35%

JUN 12-14, 2020
Biden 51%
Trump 41%
Old 06-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
It definitely feels like 400 years of suffering every time.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think entitled and paranoid are the two top traits you look for when hiring a cop.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think entitled and paranoid are the two top traits you look for when hiring a cop.
Don’t forget “violent”.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #577
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

When we’ve turned a virus into a red vs blue issue i have zero faith that we can actually solve real problems.

Even something like banning chokeholds or other unnecessary use of force can’t be agreed upon.

Why would a cop need to use a choke hold ? Why can’t cops get better hand to hand / grappling training ? There are so many other ways to restrain someone without the risk of chasing serious harm or death.

Another issue is why no oversight for cops ? Why are cops with multiple complaints working in the field ? Why not fired ? Bad apples need the root of the tree pulled out.

If we can’t fix the system that allows for bad behavior then we’ll continue this cycle over and over.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #578
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just cuz

https://twitter.com/Katiehugscats/st...57475247931392
Old 06-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #579
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
"The mountains white with foam"

Guess she needed a Bono teleprompter for the lyrics.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #580
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

First Iowa, now GA.
After seeing record turnout, they have to start the suppression now.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...65866537402371

First order of business if Biden wins and we get the Senate.
Federal law or Amendment to require national mail in voting.