US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit) - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:11 AM
This is about the perfect ad. Just watch and imagine Trump seething and blowing a gasket. Not sure how many times the word "weak" is used. But it surely makes an impression.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1271436340127608836

Old 06-12-2020, 07:24 PM   #462
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Pretty surprised at no mention of Abrams. And sort of surprised at Warren still being in the running. I just can't see it not being an African American at this point. And totally agree that Rice, while smart, has never been elected to office, is pretty low key, and brings baggage of being in a prior administration. I think, if Stacey is out, then it has to be Harris or Demings.

But if it is Rice, we’ll have 157 more Benghazi hearings to look forward to.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:24 PM   #463
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:11 AM
T
Quote:
This is about the perfect ad. Just watch and imagine Trump seething and blowing a gasket. Not sure how many times the word "weak" is used. But it surely makes an impression.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1271436340127608836

hat should be running all over TV and the interwebs.
Love the hiding in his bunker part.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Maybe Rice is being considered to steal republican votes who see the last name and think its Condoleeza.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

i'd say it's between Harris and Warren with Demings the dark horse.

Harris v Warren is a very interesting choice. can make lots of arguments in either direction. for me, these should be the top two because they are both qualified to be president from Day 1 -- which i always took to be the #1 quality one should look for in a VP, although that has since been tossed aside in recent years. although it should be noted that everyone in this article is more prepared than a real estate developer from Queens.

not seeing Abrams anywhere in this article.
I thought it was unofficially confirmed that Abrams is out of the running on some sort of theory that she tried too hard to get it.

For the reasons above and the fact that Joe Biden is in my view senile (yes, I know we're not allowed to say that but just because the other guy, who has far more advanced dementia, will use it against Biden doesn't make it any less true) and I don't believe for a second that he'll be in shape to run for a second term, if he finishes the first one - Val Demings IMO is a non-starter. We are living in very challenging times on a global scale - the pandemic, Russia's sphere of influence and their open warfare on democratic elections, the Chinese government and potential for unrest, the continuing clusterfuck in the Middle East - I don't think that we can gamble on someone with very little experience.

The smart money is probably on Harris - the big question there is what their internal polling tells them about how the progressive wing will vote and whether a very centrist Harris with her AG history has the potential to depress turnout. Honestly I think that's the only reason that Warren is still in the running. I've always thought she'd end up with a very high-profile Cabinet position. I'd rather see her as Senate Majority Leader because Chuck Schumer is, in the words of Trump, a swamp creature, and should move aside for somebody who is willing to fight in a way that he's not. However, Biden would have to expend enormous political capital to push him out of that spot.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #466
Blue Crack Distributor

Biden Bottoms.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Biden Bottoms.

Joe Keisha has a ring to it
Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #468
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Biden Bottoms.
Bottoms' visibility soared recently in a very positive way, but man would those campaign signs and bumper stickers be easily mocked.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Bottoms' visibility soared recently in a very positive way, but man would those campaign signs and bumper stickers be easily mocked.

And? If you haven’t learned anything at this point, it’s to mock him right back. Except, for justifiable things. Like being a fucking moron.

Meanwhile we can laugh at the concept of laughing at Biden bottoming.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:25 AM   #470
Blue Crack Supplier

Heh... late night news - from Raw Story

Quote:
Trump changes course and won't hold Tulsa rally on Juneteenth and claims over 200,000 want to attend
Source: RawStory

President Donald Trump reversed course for one of the first times in his presidency with a late-night announcement on Twitter on Friday.

After 11 p.m. in New Jersey, where he is staying at his Bedminster resort, Trump announced he would change the date of his first post-coronavirus rally back a day, after widespread criticism.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:27 AM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I thought it was unofficially confirmed that Abrams is out of the running on some sort of theory that she tried too hard to get it.

For the reasons above and the fact that Joe Biden is in my view senile (yes, I know we're not allowed to say that but just because the other guy, who has far more advanced dementia, will use it against Biden doesn't make it any less true) and I don't believe for a second that he'll be in shape to run for a second term, if he finishes the first one - Val Demings IMO is a non-starter. We are living in very challenging times on a global scale - the pandemic, Russia's sphere of influence and their open warfare on democratic elections, the Chinese government and potential for unrest, the continuing clusterfuck in the Middle East - I don't think that we can gamble on someone with very little experience.

The smart money is probably on Harris - the big question there is what their internal polling tells them about how the progressive wing will vote and whether a very centrist Harris with her AG history has the potential to depress turnout. Honestly I think that's the only reason that Warren is still in the running. I've always thought she'd end up with a very high-profile Cabinet position. I'd rather see her as Senate Majority Leader because Chuck Schumer is, in the words of Trump, a swamp creature, and should move aside for somebody who is willing to fight in a way that he's not. However, Biden would have to expend enormous political capital to push him out of that spot.
Abrams may be out more on lack of resume. I get it. But, I’ll tell you this. It has to be Demings or Harris (or Bottoms). I think Bottoms might look like a cheap cynical choice ala Palin, chosen only because of a recent feud with Trump.

But I digress. There are millions of people out marching in the streets in support of racial justice and BLM. Biden won the nomination solely because of the relationship that Biden had made with black voters in South Carolina. To choose Warren right now would a slap in the face. And I really like Warren.

Biden needs to hitch his wagon to the energy of this, and to not choose a black vp, would be a huge deflation.
Not really sure if Warren would really boost the ticket much either. The only hardcore Bernie supporters that don’t want to vote for Biden, most likely are the same ones that hated and trashed Warren during the primaries. She isn’t from a swing state.
And while she has lots of experience, I think this election isn’t really about that.

This one is all about emotion and (not trying to sound insensitive) representation. The voters - of all races, would like to see a black voice, now more than ever. Black voters I’m sure would love to have a VP, they feel can understand and speak to their experience.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:13 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Like I said, I don’t think it will be Warren - and there are far better roles that she can play in his administration.

If we are going on experience plus a person of colour, I would still bet on Harris.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #473
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump needs an MRI.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #474
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Trump needs an MRI.
??

A Mass Racist Invasion?
Old 06-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Trump needs an MRI.
I'm sure he's had many.

I've been saying for a long time that he's obviously suffering from dementia.

The fact that this hasn't been discussed more openly in the media is totally irresponsible.

It's questionable what state he'll be in by November.

I was a caregiver for my grandmother who had AD, ultimately she ended up in a home. Once you get to the stage where Trump is...it's a fast decline.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
??

A Mass Racist Invasion?

Did you see the videos from today?

Not to go all HRC coughing spell, but he couldn’t raise a glass of water without using a second hand, and couldn’t walk steadily down a ramp.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:28 PM   #477
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvine511 View Post
trump needs an mri.
.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_222850.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	12539
Old 06-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Project Lincoln got #Trumpnotwell to #1 trending on Twitter. Then said, “watch, trump will tweet in 3,2,1...

Bam

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...00237809414149
Old 06-13-2020, 11:36 PM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Delicious

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianneDM...40687949443082
Old 06-14-2020, 03:22 AM   #480
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Then said, “watch, trump will tweet in 3,2,1...

Bam
Bwaaahahahhaaaaaaa! Priceless!

(well it really would be if it wasn't so deadly serious!)