US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit) - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Now I'm not a person of colour, so I can't speak from that perspective, but there is nothing quite like a privileged white (alleged) billionaire buffoon standing on stage in one of the whitest states on Juneteenth to whitemansplain exactly how much African Americans have progressed and have to be thankful for under his bigly leadership.

Do we know the contents of the speech yet? White Nationalist and putter-of-children-into-cages Stephen Miller is writing it, so it’s gonna be a doozy.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

How many people here believe that Trump even knows what Juneteenth is? Someone had to tell him, hopefully not Miller.

Talk about the ultimate insult-Trump making a speech about how great he is for African Americans-written by Miller, on Juneteenth, after all the murders of African Americans, the protests and riots, and Trump's ridiculous Bible stunt. What a phony dumpster fire.

Add to that unemployment for African Americans is currently even higher than it is for others. After all of Trump's bragging since 2016 regarding how low he got it.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Now I'm not a person of colour, so I can't speak from that perspective, but there is nothing quite like a privileged white (alleged) billionaire buffoon standing on stage in one of the whitest states on Juneteenth to whitemansplain exactly how much African Americans have progressed and have to be thankful for under his bigly leadership.
The location is not just because it's one of the whitest. It's because it's the location of the largest race riot in history. The Tulsa Race Massacre, with mobs of white people attacked black residents, their homes and businesses. 150 or more dead, hundreds more injured. But you know, maybe its just cause Tulsa is so nice in late June.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So the Marmalade Molester did a "roundtable" on racism and policing today in Dallas. He didn't invite the three top black law enforcement officials, or the AG, I believe.

To sum up the highlights - paraphrasing as best i can.

Trump doing the painful reading of pre-written notes. "We need to heal wounds and come together" But we wont make any progress if we label millions of good Americans as racists or bigots.

"We are the greatest country in the world, but we get off topic - thinking about things that don't matter, or don't matter much.

Police are wonderful. You always have a bad apple. In any group theres a bad apple. But with the police there aren't many i can tell you that.

So it went really well.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:35 PM
Like I said, special place in hell awaiting this asshole.

Just amazing how he continues to get by with this shit.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #446
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Do we know the contents of the speech yet? White Nationalist and putter-of-children-into-cages Stephen Miller is writing it, so it’s gonna be a doozy.
Are we sure that this is still gonna be the "race" speech? Was thinking this was just gonna be a rally...
Old 06-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Are we sure that this is still gonna be the "race" speech? Was thinking this was just gonna be a rally...
Here's the thing - at the end of the day he's just a reality tv show star (+ con man).

And sooner or later, people get sick, tired and/or bored of the schtick. So aside from our revulsion at everything he is and stands for, less politically-interested people who aren't brainwashed by him are just sick to death of this shit 24/7. Who wants 5 more months of this, nevermind another 4 years.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Here's the thing - at the end of the day he's just a reality tv show star (+ con man).

And sooner or later, people get sick, tired and/or bored of the schtick. So aside from our revulsion at everything he is and stands for, less politically-interested people who aren't brainwashed by him are just sick to death of this shit 24/7. Who wants 5 more months of this, nevermind another 4 years.
This is so true. i tell this to people a lot. At this point, you see polling asking people questions like - How much of what Donald Trump tweets do you believe is factual.

Something like 17% say they believe everything he tweets. Around 70% or so said they believe little to none. People know that game. Many were amused by it during 2016. It got under Dems skin, and the contempt for government by republicans had grown because a black man held the office for 2 terms. So anything they could do to just throw a wrench in the gears, they wanted. The base, racist part of the party, have been waiting for someone like this their entire lives.
The people that were amused, have for the most part grown tired of it. The ones that thought he would be better once in office have been over it for almost 2 years now, the repubs that just voted repub because they always have are done with it. The repubs and moderates that hated Hillary so much, now have a candidate with a much higher positive rating they can turn to.

Back to your point. He has no new tricks. He is replaying the exact playbook from 2016. Everything is rigged, Biden is the most corrupt person in history, oh yeah, and Obama! Everyone except him is corrupt!! Dems are weak, I'm strong... blah blah blah.

He is being tuned out, even more so these past few months. His plan was to divide the country. He did that. Now his slice is about 40%. He didn't really think that one through all the way.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
People know that game. Many were amused by it during 2016. It got under Dems skin,
Honestly, I did kind of laugh at the way he shat on Ted Cruz and how he (with Chris Christie) exposed Marco Rubio as a total empty suit and so on. It was all funny until it wasn't.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:05 AM   #450
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Honestly, I did kind of laugh at the way he shat on Ted Cruz and how he (with Chris Christie) exposed Marco Rubio as a total empty suit and so on. It was all funny until it wasn't.

Yes. I remember laughing about Lil’Marco in a bar with friends. It seemed like he was taking the piss, and it was kind of funny. And we laughter at the mouth-breathing fools taking him seriously and finding him inspirational — a way of burning everything down.

And here we are.

The good thing — which is a bad thing — is that he’s hugely incompetent. A good way to get re-elected is to be good at governing and he isn’t good at that. We know this now. In 2016 he got the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

If I see one more “Cops Lives Matter” post on Facebook...
Old 06-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #452
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
If I see one more “Cops Lives Matter” post on Facebook...
If you'd let them know that no, actually they're all pieces of shit I'm sure that would win over their hearts on minds.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by headache in a suitcase View Post
if you'd let them know that no, actually they're all pieces of shit i'm sure that would win over their hearts on minds.
lol!!!
Old 06-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So from all accounts, it seems as though Pompeo and Cotton are trying to line themselves up for a 2024 run. The great thing about this is, as Trump is imploding from being... Trump. These two clowns are vying to attract the same base of support. Now in the high 30% range. And doing it without the same charisma or sociopathic charm that Trump has. Hilarious.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...35503564771328
Old 06-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This is who they are hitching their wagon to.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...93719749844992
Old 06-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Owning the libs!

https://twitter.com/jonathanoosting/...69493605236738
Old 06-12-2020, 03:52 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Also what could be making Trumptown shit their pants.
Looking at Right Track/Wrong Track polls over the last 6 months.

Up until March - Wrong Track +15
By end of April - Wrong Track +25
By end of May - Wrong Track +30
Now - Wrong Track +40
Old 06-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Omg!
https://twitter.com/jonathanoosting/...69493605236738

I love this...

Quote:

Angela Vasquez-Giroux
@AyeVeeGee
·
3h
Replying to
@jonathanoosting
This seems ... counterproductive.
wry as dry as a desert!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #459
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden’s search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees, with several black women in strong contention.

Democrats with knowledge of the process said Biden’s search committee has narrowed the choices to as few as six serious contenders after initial interviews. Those still in contention include Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kamala Harris of California, as well as Susan Rice, who served as President Barack Obama’s national security adviser.

The process remains somewhat fluid, according to those with knowledge, and additional candidates may still be asked to submit to the extensive document review process now underway for top contenders. Those familiar with Biden’s search spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the process.

Biden, who has already said he will pick a woman as his running mate, is facing increased calls from Democrats to put a woman of color on the ticket — both because of the outsize role that black voters played in Biden’s road to the nomination and because of the reckoning over racism and inequality roiling the nation following the death of George Floyd. The black Minneapolis man died after a white police officer pressed his knee on his neck for several minutes, an episode that was captured on video.

Terry McAuliffe, the former Virginia governor and former Democratic National Committee chairman, said that while Biden’s choice was likely to be “all about personal chemistry,” it would be “exciting for the party” to have a black woman on a major party presidential ticket for the first time.

The campaign’s short list includes several black women, including Harris and Rice. Advisers have also looked closely at Florida Rep. Val Demings and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, both of whom are black, and New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, a Latina.

Biden’s vetting committee had conversations with a larger group of women earlier this spring; those continuing on in the process have been asked to turn over financial records, past writings and other documentation. Biden has had various public and private interactions with many of the women his vetting committee has considered thus far, but has not yet had any formal one-on-one interviews expressly to discuss the No. 2 spot on the ticket. Those aren’t expected for several weeks.

https://apnews.com/cfb9f51767aeee83f1f426fb42070a9e

i just can't see Rice, i've never found her all that compelling, but that's just me. unless maybe people are thinking she's Stealth Obama?

i'd say it's between Harris and Warren with Demings the dark horse.

Harris v Warren is a very interesting choice. can make lots of arguments in either direction. for me, these should be the top two because they are both qualified to be president from Day 1 -- which i always took to be the #1 quality one should look for in a VP, although that has since been tossed aside in recent years. although it should be noted that everyone in this article is more prepared than a real estate developer from Queens.

not seeing Abrams anywhere in this article.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i just can't see Rice, i've never found her all that compelling, but that's just me. unless maybe people are thinking she's Stealth Obama?

i'd say it's between Harris and Warren with Demings the dark horse.

Harris v Warren is a very interesting choice. can make lots of arguments in either direction. for me, these should be the top two because they are both qualified to be president from Day 1 -- which i always took to be the #1 quality one should look for in a VP, although that has since been tossed aside in recent years. although it should be noted that everyone in this article is more prepared than a real estate developer from Queens.

not seeing Abrams anywhere in this article.
Pretty surprised at no mention of Abrams. And sort of surprised at Warren still being in the running. I just can't see it not being an African American at this point. And totally agree that Rice, while smart, has never been elected to office, is pretty low key, and brings baggage of being in a prior administration. I think, if Stacey is out, then it has to be Harris or Demings.