US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember those sweet innocent days talking about Biden and the "you ain't black" comment? Aaaaaahhh, so long ago.
Now we here Trump talking about how we have to "dominate" black people protesting a murder.

So I made it through listening to about 3 minutes of this piece of shit. In that time, he took credit for Minneapolis being more under control yesterday, blamed the violence on the radical left, and called this a movement that needs to be "put down"

I just can't man. I understand people losing their shit in the streets having to listen to this prick for 3 and a half years.

I was afraid of this. As the demonstrations are starting to wind down a bit, Trump makes this phone call to DOMINATE! AND GET TOUGHER AND PUT THEM DOWN!

Then, even though the demonstrations are starting to naturally calm, it is made to look like Trump is the great strong leader that stopped all these violent leftist animals.

This is just Trump's life. A weak, vile, incompetent boob that fails into success every time.

Protesters in Philadelphia began marching on a major expressway in the middle of the city, and were almost immediately teargassed just now on live television. Curfew is not until 6 p.m. tonight. They've ramped up what will likely be another brutal night here.

This is all happening about ten blocks from where I live.

At least Donnie can cross hiding in a bunker while the city burns off his Hitler cosplay checklist

I love how he's trying to use all this tough rhetoric while hiding out in a bunker. Wasn't he the same one who, after the...Parkland shooting, I think it was, claimed he would've rushed in to save those students if he'd been there, or something to that effect?

This is also the same moron who was all, 'I WILL BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF NORTH KOREA!" one minute and then started going on about "love letters" from Kim Jong-Un.

So yeah.

I just love how he was willing to pawn all the responsibility for the pandemic response off on governors (while simultaneously throwing tantrums when the governors got all the praise he felt he somehow deserved), but now wants to be all in charge when it comes to protests and riots. I hope all the governors continue to push back on whatever bullshit his administration tries to pull going forward.

I understand people losing their shit in the streets having to listen to this prick for 3 and a half years.

It's amazing it didn't happen sooner, to be honest. Hearing that voice for five minutes would be enough to drive any sane person up the wall.

I hope everyone here living in or near any of these protests and riots stays safe.

it's quite distressing to me to see damage done to, say, Busboys & Poets -- a very successful, black-owned restaurant in DC that literally is dedicated to fighting racism (all their restaurants have bookstores filled with crucial Left wing/social justice books).

then you look at the "Capitalism is Murder" spray-painted on the Apple store and you know who the few bad apples (with their much different agenda) are in this overwhelmingly good, diverse, just group of people doing things the right way.

it would be nice of these individuals wouldn't hitch their wagons to the agenda that black Americans rightfully initiated.

Last edited:
it's quite distressing to me to see damage done to, say, Busboys & Poets -- a very successful, black-owned restaurant in DC that literally is dedicated to fighting racism (all their restaurants have bookstores filled with crucial Left wing/social justice books).

then you look at the "Capitalism is Murder" spray-painted on the Apple store and you know who the few bad apples (with their much different agenda) are in this overwhelmingly good, diverse, just group of people doing things the right way.

it would be nice of these individuals wouldn't hitch their wagons to the agenda that black Americans rightfully initiated.
Which Busboys? I haven't been able to get very far from the house today

Which Busboys? I haven't been able to get very far from the house today

not certain, but i assume the one on K Street near the white house.

imagine if people jump the fence at the White House. there's legitimate firepower on that roof, always has been. the mind goes to terrible places.

and as that Tweet noted, it is a stunningly gorgeous day here today -- flawless weather.

This ends with blood in the streets.

You have a society that’s complex, a group of people beat up since the beginning of this country’s birth, others left behind by a corrupt system, and then those who just relish the chaos.

There’s no one to step up in this moment and stop it. Trump, Barr, and the GOP want to use the military to strike us down. They will not call for calm because this is another power grab. By focusing on ANTIFA, it gives police and military the ability to arrest or even harm anyone. There is no ANTIFA leadership, color scheme (tho maybe black clothing??), or patch to wear. Trump and Barr are labeling all of us the enemy.

Obama could walk out into the middle of this, give the greatest speech of his life and it would make no difference.

This isn’t like 1968. There weren’t 400 million guns in circulation. Even Nixon had the guts to meet with his protesters. He also had the guts to resign.

Trump will hide in his bunker and declare himself King.

I don't know about you guys, but I think those who voted for Jill Stein were really right.

I'm not sure if he just said that he's ordered the military on my city, or if he's just too dumb to know the difference between that and the national guard.

It was chilling. He said he wouldn't hesitate to use the military if he has to. Which would be unconstitutional. Which is why he's declaring certain groups terrorists.

And Bob Barr will calmly explain to us how it’s all legal.

Now Trump is walking across the street to St. John's Episcopal church for a photo op. The force was used to clear the area so he could do that, according to CNN.

I just can't believe all of this.

Did they just tear gas and shoot rubber bullets into a peaceful crowd so this cretin can go hold a Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom