US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP values 2020: Get sick with a contagious, potentially deadly disease or come in contact with someone who has it, continue to show up at work, and only warn the coworkers you like.

the cop "caused" all of this the exact same way that gavrilo princip "caused" world war one.

You are an educated man-

Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

However this is the most intelligent analogy I have seen anywhere.

I found it interesting that that maga turnout at the maga party was pretty low, much like that maga leader’s inauguration crowd.

Trump announced that the US will designate Antifa as a terrorist organization. Of course this must be a Twitter declaration, so take it with a trough of salt.

So can we assume that white nationalists will be designated as such, by their different names...whatever those are. Waiting...

It would be nice if someone would ask him what ANTIFA is short for. Make him say we’re making anti fascists a terrorist group!

Of course he cannot designate any such thing.

And my comment few pages back about anarchists, i don’t consider antifa this. My point was we have people from the extremes of both spectrums causing chaos during these protests.

And on top of it all, the police failing to do their job and instead reacting with violence.

But that’s what happens when you switch from local community enforcement to training these guys to be soldiers of fortune. Thats to not even make the comment about how white nationalists have been infiltrating the police (and military) for decades.

What a surprise. He's got the sensitivity of a gnat.

George Floyd's Brother Says Trump 'Didn't Give Me the Opportunity to Even Speak'

By Karen Mizoguchi
May 30, 2020 07:03 PM

Philonise Floyd is speaking out after the death of his brother George Floyd, the black man whose fatal encounter with police was caught on-camera, with viral footage sparking widespread outrage on social media.

As protests erupt across the country, Floyd virtually spoke with MSNBC's Al Sharpton on Saturday and talked about the conversations he had with President Donald Trump and former vice president Joe Biden, who is the presumptive Democratic nominee in the 2020 presidential election.

"I never had to beg a man before but I asked [Biden] could he please, please get justice for my brother, please. Because I need it, I just don't want to see him on a shirt like those other guys. Nobody deserves that," said Floyd, who was joined by his nephew Brandon Williams and their family attorney Ben Crump.

Meanwhile, Floyd said his call with Trump was much different.

"It was so fast. He didn't give me the opportunity to even speak. It was hard. I was trying to talk to him but he just kept like pushing me off like 'I don’t want to hear what you’re talking about.' I just told him I want justice. I said that I can't believe that they committed a modern-day lynching in broad daylight," he shared.

"I can't stand for that, that hurt me. I just don't understand, man," he said as he became emotional and fought back tears. "Why we have to go through this? Why we gotta have all this pain, man? I love my brother. I'm never going to see him again."

61264569314__67C06921-4C21-4030-8B00-CB6261151CA9.JPGIMG_0879.JPG

A block away from my place downtown San Diego. Lots of people but so far aside from a few very angry peeps it’s pretty peaceful.

I have no desire to be mingling in crowds during a pandemic so i kept my distance. Plus i just ran stairs for 30 mins, corona don’t want anything to do with my BO

I’m sure gzus will be here momentarily to tell us he can’t vote for a pedophile (again).

A constant stream of sirens and helicopters downtown. Freaking the dog out so time for the ac.

Some of the local affiliates are claiming theres unrest but haven’t seen any live action of it.

It sounds more like a Padres game than anything else. Very low murmur of crowd followed by some roars

A constant stream of sirens and helicopters downtown. Freaking the dog out so time for the ac.

Some of the local affiliates are claiming theres unrest but haven’t seen any live action of it.

It sounds more like a Padres game than anything else. Very low murmur of crowd followed by some roars

I just saw on CNN that there's looting in Santa Monica. Melrose Ave in Los Angeles was full of destruction.

From April 2016. Hey everyone, our "President"

-- Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump invoked the last words of Eric Garner Tuesday while mocking his GOP critic Mitt Romney.

"The last election should have been won, except Romney choked like a dog. He choked," Trump said, before mocking Romney with his hands in a choke position.

Trump shouted "I can't breathe, I can't breathe," echoing the last words of Garner, who died in police custody on July 17, 2014, when officers tried to arrest him for allegedly selling loose, untaxed cigarettes across from Tompkinsville Park.

Garner's death made news worldwide, and sparked protests both on Staten Island and across the country, with "I can't breathe" becoming the rallying cry for demonstrators.

Trump made his "I can't breathe" remarks Tuesday, during a rally in upstate Rome, N.Y., where he was greeted enthusiastically by voters, who laughed at his mocking of Romney.

Cf3_ODvXEAA2UIw.jpeg

“I’ve known Jeff (Epstein) for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” - Donald Trump, 2002

Terrific guy! To be fair lots of people thought Jeff was a terrific guy, including Bill Clinton. Jeff was a master manipulator, pedophile rapists usually are.

Will anyone even care?

If we make it into the "Hillary's e-mails!" for Trump they may. I'm certainly not expecting the revelations to lead to an arrest or his pre-election removal from office or anything like that, great though it'd be to see that actually happen.

But if this remains a constant thing in the news, and in political ads, as a reminder of the kind of guy Trump is, it could certainly help further motivate voters to kick him out.

At the very least, just keep showing clips of Trump saying super creepy things about Ivanka. That's a prime example of his sleaziness we can get immediate, concrete evidence for.

Will anyone even care?

I just watched the new Netflix series about Epstein last night. Of course it's disturbing beyond words, but worth watching.

I just watched it as well. Remarkable the similarities between him and Trump in how they speak. When they asked about his sweetheart deal, that Acosta eventually resigned over, he said something like - It was the harshest sentence for anyone charged with those crimes ever in history.
Narcissistic sociopaths twinsies.

Just on a side note. I'm not sure this is the same girl, but the rape of a 13 year old definitely isn't new. (That was Katie Johnston I believe, An alias I believe)Of course her life was threatened when she filed a claim, and so the case got dropped a couple times. I believe it was re-submitted in 2019, but possibly dropped again citing death threats.

The paperwork on this may be a new.

This is a good link from Snopes that details a lot of the story and has the video of Katie Johnston talking about what happened. Shocking - her details line up very well with the stories of the girls in the Epstein Doc.

If anyone has any reach on Twitter or FB, or knows those who do, Please pass the newly released docs or the video from this link along.

“I’ve known Jeff (Epstein) for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” - Donald Trump, 2002

Terrific guy! To be fair lots of people thought Jeff was a terrific guy, including Bill Clinton. Jeff was a master manipulator, pedophile rapists usually are.

It is criminal that NOTHING has been done since this guy fucked off to hell (on his own or with help).

Why hasn't Ghislaine Maxwell been arrested? Who is protecting her?

Why has there not been a probe into Epstein's finances and the source of all his billions? He's like Bernie Madoff except an actual investment firm with hundreds of employees to hide behind.

There are dozens upon dozens of wealthy, well-connected perverts who are walking free. Absolutely appalling.

There's no way he can go with Warren at this point. Has to be an African American woman or he'll lose credibility with minorities.
Keisha Lance Bottom, the mayor of Atlanta, Germany has a rising profile suddenly, but only local experience. I'm still in favor Harris. The only knock being she's from a state he'll win even if he croaks in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom