US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #661
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
On the contrary, it should be hanged front and centre as a reminder.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #662
Blue Crack Addict

Naw, put it in the bathroom away from the other Presidents. With a golden toilet.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #663
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
On the contrary, it should be hanged front and centre as a reminder.
Wait... do you really want to re-traumatize people right off!?
How about a bit less obvious spot but add a strip of, you know, yellow police ribbon around the frame.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:08 PM   #664
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Naw, put it in the bathroom away from the other Presidents. With a golden toilet.
That could be handy. People could pee on it, like Trump likes.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Looks like Klobuchar is Biden's first VP choice. I'm sure her prosecutorial record won't be an issue!
From all I've seen, she's just been asked to be vetted. I think somewhere around a dozen or more are being vetted. I think Amy is fine, but would put her near the bottom of the list of who i think he will chose. Unless a bunch of others have issues that are discovered thru vetting process.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #666
Blue Crack Addict

Jesus, Joseph and Mary, save us from Amy Klobuchar.

She is Tim Kaine 2.0 all over again. HARD PASS.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #667
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Jesus, Joseph and Mary, save us from Amy Klobuchar.

She is Tim Kaine 2.0 all over again. HARD PASS.
Agree with the Tim Kaine analogy. Not quite as bad. She might be appealing to WI and MI voters. But she brings nothing that Biden needs. She doesn't bring minority voters, doesn't bring a swing state, doesn't bring younger or more progressive voters, doesn't bring energy or dynamic presence. Not really sure why they would even go there.

she is definitely at the bottom of my wishlist.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #668
Blue Crack Supplier

I’m quite glad that Trump is trying to make “Obamagate” a thing. The more he can do to turn Biden and Obama into the same person — keeping in mind Obama is a wildly popular past president who would win another election in a landslide in a heartbeat — the better Biden will do, and he’s already polling ahead in every swing state.

I still think Harris is his best VP pick for now. I was intrigued by the Warren suggestion, that she would add a deeper degree of economic seriousness to his ticket and acknowledge that we’re entering a post-COVID economy, but the most important thing to do besides win the presidency is win back the Senate, so he needs long coattails. Voters in AZ or NC aren’t longing for any sort of revolution, and Harris will have broader appeal to voters in moderate-to-conservative swing states.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:16 AM   #669
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
From all I've seen, she's just been asked to be vetted. I think somewhere around a dozen or more are being vetted. I think Amy is fine, but would put her near the bottom of the list of who i think he will chose. Unless a bunch of others have issues that are discovered thru vetting process.
Yeah, I'm watching Biden on Colbert right now and he said nobody's been officially vetted yet. This all just sounds more like since she was one of the Democratic candidates, if Biden's going through each of them for possible consideration, then naturally she'd be among that list.

I agree that she wouldn't be my first pick either, though, no. It would be good for him to pick somebody who can fire up and energize people a little more, and strike a good contrast and balance between themselves and Biden.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:17 AM   #670
Blue Crack Supplier

I definitely hope he'll go on and on about Obamagate. Will just drive a portion more of voters to Biden.
The governor of Michigan is also being looked at. I dunno - I'm still thinking Abrams, or Harris.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:25 AM   #671
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well the Trump campaign must be freaking out about how badly Trump has fucked up with MI. The official Trump campaign social media account (The White House account, which totally seems legit) posted about 5 posts within 10 minutes, listing all of the funds and equipment that Washington has sent Michigan during the pandemic.

LOL. Too late you fat orange bitch. MI down, PA down, AZ down, FL looking to be sliding away. No amount of backpeddling is going to save your saggy ass this time around. Hoping he starts to get in some sort of childish battle with WI soon!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #672
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
I definitely hope he'll go on and on about Obamagate. Will just drive a portion more of voters to Biden.
The governor of Michigan is also being looked at. I dunno - I'm still thinking Abrams, or Harris.
I would love to see Obama come and sit for Congress and Senate to discuss Obamagate. Oh, it would be glorious.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 AM   #673
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Well the Trump campaign must be freaking out about how badly Trump has fucked up with MI. The official Trump campaign social media account (The White House account, which totally seems legit) posted about 5 posts within 10 minutes, listing all of the funds and equipment that Washington has sent Michigan during the pandemic.

LOL. Too late you fat orange bitch. MI down, PA down, AZ down, FL looking to be sliding away. No amount of backpeddling is going to save your saggy ass this time around. Hoping he starts to get in some sort of childish battle with WI soon!
Has he even said a word about the flooding going on there right now?

Speaking of Michigan, I saw today that the state court rejected the GOP's attempts to sue her for her policies throughout this pandemic, which is fantastic .
Old 05-22-2020, 07:37 AM   #674
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Again none of the GOP seem to be worried despite the obvious polling.

They will cheat
Old 05-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #675
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I would love to see Obama come and sit for Congress and Senate to discuss Obamagate. Oh, it would be glorious.

It really would be helpful if he could carefully walk us all though all the Trump/Russia collusion happening in 2016 and what his administration tried to do to protect the election and how the GOP refused to help, thus colluding with Russia themsleves.

I think he needs a big platform for this.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #676
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't think Obama coming to sit in front of Congress would be glorious for anyone. It certainly won't be glorious for Trump, but it won't be glorious for the Obama administration either - as it will show that they didn't take action soon enough.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #677
Blue Crack Addict

It's appalling that the media is making this into a thing. After 2016, nobody apparently learned a single thing.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #678
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Again none of the GOP seem to be worried despite the obvious polling.

They will cheat
I think there are a few sides of the story here. Not sure where you're getting the overall feeling that they aren't worried. I see two groups, the voters and the politicians.
I think there is genuine worry in the gop politicians. The Senate numbers are starting to really turn. I think we can all agree they will cheat. That's a given. But I think there is much more worry behind the scenes than we know.
The voter side. Trump voters are in a bad spot. There is a very fired up group ready to vote for Trump, but that group has shrunk, and the data is showing very large shifts of several voting blocks that voted for Trump last time that are swinging significantly to Biden.

The good thing is that many Trump voters all think the polls are wrong and trump will win. Hopefully this brings some sense of complacency. On the Dem side, I think that many are hopefully thinking the same thing, but will have the inverse effect and will actually act as a driver to get people to vote in higher numbers.

The other thing that helps them to be less worried is that you have the advantage of the candidate being the sitting president, he can get all the airtime he wants, they have a huge money advantage, a huge information and structural advantage. So yes, they are still in the drivers seat here. They also know Biden is stuck in his house for another month and can only communicate by brief media interviews and social media posts and events.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #679
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Also, looks like Warren is still in the vetting pool for VP.

The 2 special election wins in MA last week, could give Biden more freedom to pick her without fear of losing her Senate seat.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #680
War Child

Joe Biden's interview with Charlamagne tha God sure went well this morning.