US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

It would be one thing if this was a total failure of leadership at the top (it is). But this is so much worse because that idiot in chief has been stoking the fires of racism from the moment he descended down from hell on that escalator.

Ha.

And of course, since there wasn't a single peep of criticism from this administration towards the the anti-quarantine people who were storming government buildings while armed to the teeth in Michigan, surely they won't mind these non-armed people protesting in and around federal buildings near them, either. Right?

Say what ? .... I can't heeeaaarrrr u.

Absolutely.

It would be one thing if this was a total failure of leadership at the top (it is). But this is so much worse because that idiot in chief has been stoking the fires of racism from the moment he descended down from hell on that escalator.
So many times, in so many ways. :sad:. :gah:

This was inevitable after what the past 3.5 years has been like. All it needed was a spark.

:sigh: Ain't that the truth. :sad:

How long you think it take before n****s be like, 'we fighting a war, I'm fighting a war I can't win, and I wanna lay it all down'?

In this country, a black man only have like five years we can exhibit maximum strength, and that's right now while you a teenager, while you still strong, while you still wanna lift weights, while you still wanna shoot back. Cos once you turn 30 it's like they take the heart and soul out of a man, out of a black man, in this country, and you don't wanna fight no more.

Me being one of the offsprings of the legacy you left behind, I can truly tell you that there's nothing but turmoil going on, so I wanted to ask you, what you think is the future for me and my generation today?

I think n****s is tired of grabbing shit out the stores, and next time it's a riot it's gonna be bloodshed, for real. I don't think America know that. I think America think we was just playing. And it's gonna be some more playing but it ain't gonna be no playing. It's gonna be murder. It's gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this motherfucker. It's gonna happen.

It does make sense if these are actually white nationalist (maga) groups.

Yes, that's what I meant. The other groups wouldn't be attacking CNN.

I was watching it live last night, and that guy hitting the CNN window with his skateboard...I'm not into stereotyping people but he'd look good in a MAGA hat.

I was watching it live last night, and that guy hitting the CNN window with his skateboard...I'm not into stereotyping people but he'd look good in a MAGA hat.

It just angers me so much that the protests are being blamed on African Americans with the whole narrative of "Come on guys, this is not how you make a statement!!"

That's exactly why Trump is trying to organize a racial fight outside the White House tonight. He knows it will look worse on the black community.

It just angers me so much that the protests are being blamed on African Americans with the whole narrative of "Come on guys, this is not how you make a statement!!"

That's exactly why Trump is trying to organize a racial fight outside the White House tonight. He knows it will look worse on the black community.

It seems plainly evident to me that these are very racially mixed crowds.

But, yes. This is my worry when you loot a Target and then it gets excused as a theoretical subversion of capitalism or something. You need allies. And this makes people less sympathetic.

As for myself, I am generally neutral on the property damage so far — my attitude is that after close to a decade now of finally seeing the police violence that AfAm’s have been telling us about since forever combined with a white supremacist administration and the lockdown, what do we honestly expect? For people to sit at home and watch their cheap TVs from WalMart?

One thing I will say is that in my travels through conservative websites, virtually all of them are calling this a murder. They are of course blaming 8 years of Obama (somehow he was racially divisive) and an education system that teaches its kid that America is always wrong. But there is no debate about this incident in the way that there was about, say, Ferguson.

I'd been hearing something about provocateurs for 2+ days now.... :crack:

Josh Campbell
@joshscampbell
·
8h
Minnesota officials say many of the violent protesters who have caused widespread damage are from out of state. Authorities have been monitoring alleged criminals online, including postings by suspected white supremacists trying to incite violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
It does make sense if these are actually white nationalist (maga) groups..
:up:

Quote:
Mrs Springsteen

:up:

Last edited:
It seems plainly evident to me that these are very racially mixed crowds.

But, yes. This is my worry when you loot a Target and then it gets excused as a theoretical subversion of capitalism or something. You need allies. And this makes people less sympathetic.

As for myself, I am generally neutral on the property damage so far — my attitude is that after close to a decade now of finally seeing the police violence that AfAm’s have been telling us about since forever combined with a white supremacist administration and the lockdown, what do we honestly expect? For people to sit at home and watch their cheap TVs from WalMart?

One thing I will say is that in my travels through conservative websites, virtually all of them are calling this a murder. They are of course blaming 8 years of Obama (somehow he was racially divisive) and an education system that teaches its kid that America is always wrong. But there is no debate about this incident in the way that there was about, say, Ferguson.
Interesting although blaming it on President Obama partially negates their condemnation to me.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1266777281717919744?s=21

Biden’s probably thinking, that ain’t black!!

Seriously what’s the difference between Biden’s lame attempt at a joke and MAGA loves “the blacks” ?
I wish I could find better words - they're walking around just below conciousness -

There's a long history of Trump being racist in his residential properties, plus his "Birther" scam, and his "very fine people"/Charlottesville remarks. And his usage of "the blacks" often as a term... ugh.... demeaning.

Biden - since the Vice Presidency is not the common way to the WH - he spent 8 years working with President Obama lending his experience as a Senator, etc Could he have hide such racist assumptions that, say, bkack people are lazier, stupider than white people, and get along well with Barack for that long? I don't think so! He's been a staunch supporter to the Gold Star Families of which there are plenty of Black American Families in attendance at speeches he's spoken at.

Not withstanding the quite questionable Crime Bill - he seems like white person with very little bigotry now if he had a lot more to begin with. A lot of black people got the spirit behind a rickety joke.

Last edited:
My quick take: It was a Murder, the police officer should be charged with more than 3rd degree Murder. Further if you have to step on someones neck to subdue them, you are already horrible at your job. I can make someone pass out in 30 seconds, with out killing them, its very easy (blood choke vs Air choke). This guy was a rank amateur. Who IMHO intentionally killed the victim.

Second this incompetent cop caused all of this, this was the spark that lit the tinder, the country has been cooped up and flustered for months, what do you expect. I knew as soon as there was any spark this would burn like a wildfire.

Third: Yes it was locals that looted target. Did they do all the damage maybe not. But to blame it all on outside agitators is also a lie. The video was pretty clear who was looting.

Fourth: This is evolving into a proxy war between Antifa and the Alt right- Both of whom will and are exploiting this.

at the end of the day there was a Murder, now this man is being murdered over and over again by the left and the far right who are exploiting the victim.

My quick take: It was a Murder, the police officer should be charged with more than 3rd degree Murder. Further if you have to step on someones neck to subdue them, you are already horrible at your job. I can make someone pass out in 30 seconds, with out killing them, its very easy (blood choke vs Air choke). This guy was a rank amateur. Who IMHO intentionally killed the victim.

Second this incompetent cop caused all of this, this was the spark that lit the tinder, the country has been cooped up and flustered for months, what do you expect. I knew as soon as there was any spark this would burn like a wildfire.

Third: Yes it was locals that looted target. Did they do all the damage maybe not. But to blame it all on outside agitators is also a lie. The video was pretty clear who was looting.

Fourth: This is evolving into a proxy war between Antifa and the Alt right- Both of whom will and are exploiting this.

at the end of the day there was a Murder, now this man is being murdered over and over again by the left and the far right who are exploiting the victim.
The cop was the spark.

He in no way caused this. This has been inevitable. It's bad enough in normal times. Since November of 2016 we've had a corrupt white nationalist sitting in the oval office.

The only thing shocking about all of this is that it didn't happen sooner.

Feels like a lifetime ago that nazis were running people over with cars and proclaiming Jews will not replace us

Skyrocketing unemployment, firmly embedded structural racism and inequality, a nonexistent (at best) pandemic response by a President who refuses to lead. It's hard to see how the US isn't a failed state, and I can't blame those who are taking it out on buildings. Things need to seriously change.

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1266742854266900483?s=21

Not a surprise

And Trump calling for MAGA night at the White House.

This is the whole plan. You’ve got the alt right and the anarchists using these protests to further divide and literally burn things down.

https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1266742842489176069?s=21

https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1266741059163389952?s=21

https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1266742843722403840?s=21

Ooh time to blame the anarchists is it.

Ooh time to blame the anarchists is it.
:eyebrow: huh?
How do figure that ?!

They're mostly talking about outsider White Supremists, and Putin backed chaos operatives.

Down in the Joy Reid Twitter thread....

Coleen Colton
@Coleen721
·
15h
Replying to
@JoyAnnReid
Our family friend’s little restaurant in Midway was looted and burned to the ground as they stood outside and begged them to stop. He knows everyone in the neighborhood, but he said he didn’t recognize anyone.
:sad:

In that thread there also was a vid of white people smashing up windows of some business while the black protestors were telling them not to do that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom