US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hannity said that people should wear masks yesterday. Suddenly realizing that old people can't vote if they are dead.

The discussion in Minneapolis has inevitably become more about the looting now, despite evidence that some of the property destruction may have been instigated by undercover LEOs trying to escalate things to justify the force they have been using. Now we'll get weeks of debate about the looting and actions of the rioters that essentially equivocates "violence on both sides that must stop," which will let the police off the hook.

And if it's anything like Ferguson, the organizers of the protests will start dying under mysterious circumstances over the next few years.

The discussion in Minneapolis has inevitably become more about the looting now, despite evidence that some of the property destruction may have been instigated by undercover LEOs trying to escalate things to justify the force they have been using. Now we'll get weeks of debate about the looting and actions of the rioters that essentially equivocates "violence on both sides that must stop," which will let the police off the hook.

And if it's anything like Ferguson, the organizers of the protests will start dying under mysterious circumstances over the next few years.

Please leave Leo out of this. ?

Lmao. Yes I heard he actually issued an executive order against Twitter. I wish they would kick him off Twitter, he'd probably have a complete breakdown. Of course that would be relative to his usual every day behavior, so very difficult to ascertain.

Twitter looking at that lame excuse for an executive order: :lmao:

If we do get actual competent people back in office next year, there needs to be new rules put in place about how politicians should conduct themselves on social media. If they behave at all like Trump, harassing people and picking fights and using their account for anything other than actual business and important messages to the country, the social media site in question should be allowed to automatically remove their account and kick them off the site for good.

You wouldn't think we'd have to resort to things like that, but apparently we do.

This country is going to explode before election day

Think about the day after the election.

"There was fraud all over the place, lots of really bad stuff out there, bad people and I am going to get to the bottom of this, that much I can tell you. Nobody understands fraud like I do, believe me."

And zero concessions.

He hates being president. It’s hard. He wants to lose in a way that will allow maximum grievance that he can roll into Trump TV.

Seems to be confirmation today that there was a St. Paul Police Department cop dressed as a protester, smashing the windows of the AutoZone with a hammer by himself.

Now a police station and a liquor store is burning having been set on fire by some protestors.

You can be tepulsed by the video, not care that much about Target, and understand where these flames come from and still think it’s exactly the wrong thing to do.

I realize that the gay rights movement was started with a riot. It’s difficult to criticize a riot without feeling like a bit of a traitor. But this is not good. The footage is dramatic.

I know it was out of context, but the prosecutor saying the phrase "other evidence doesn't support a criminal charge" today was basically guaranteeing things would get worse tonight. From a PR standpoint, taking the statement "we're being thorough" and turning it into "hang on, maybe George Floyd actually deserved it!" Minneapolis law enforcement has handled this as badly as possible at basically every turn.

EZLBtaGUEAAh5Rl.jpeg

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you

When the looting starts, the shooting starts. You know he didn’t come up with this.

But in all seriousness things will only get worse and he loves it

He didn’t come up with it. That quote originated from a racist Miami cop in advance of the 1967 Republican Convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom