US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Donald Trump also says bad, dumb things" isn't the defense you think it is.

And comparing this to the Cuba thing from Sanders is a hilarious misreading of what Sanders was talking about. It's especially funny considering how all the same people who ripped him for it were celebrating the Cuban physicians who traveled to help treat the Covid outbreak in Italy.

All of the arguments in defense of Biden for this suck ass! You all have a bit of a cult mentality. Fish hook theory looking more and more real.

How does that feel, guys?

Maybe taking every Biden gaffe is a hilarious misreading on your part ?

And regarding gop + trump

I sense that once Biden does pick his VP Trump will drop Pence and get Nikki Haley

What did he say? I'm on my work laptop and they've disabled videos until 5 pm....

He said “‘if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’” at the very end of an interview that was about Biden and the black vote and after the host demanded he pick a black women for VP and that Biden owes black voters. There may have been a touch of a “blaccent.”

Last edited:
i don't think it helps his campaign that biden said that, but also i don't think it's the place of a bunch of middle-class white people to decide whether it's racist and/or outrageous.

He said “‘if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’” at the very end of an interview that was about Biden and the black vote and after the host demanded he pick a black women for VP and that Biden owes black voters. There may have been a touch of a “blaccent.”

It was obviously a completely tongue in cheek comment made at the end of what looked like a very comfortable and candid conversation.

But now every word Biden utters is scrutinized by an army of Bernie supporters and dissected and then thrown out to the group to decide just how outraged they are, so they can tell us how outraged we should be. :|

I for one like that Biden says some things that other politicians wouldn't say sometimes (as long as they're not too cringeworthy)
Hillary seemed to always have to run her answers by a focus group before we could get a nice clean scripted answer out of her a few days later.
If you haven't noticed - that's not the thing people are looking for right now. And weren't looking for in 2016 either.
That's why Bernie had success, it's what made Beto stand out, why the only time Pete got any real boost was when he went off script, and why someone like Booker just tanked.

The off-script thing has convinced people he's honest and authentic, despite his record as being one of the most consistently dishonest politicians of his generation.

Biden did not like being questioned about his record and his commitment to these causes and got flustered. That is pretty clear when watching the whole interview.

This article is exhibit A of how social media is a fucking hellscape of hypersensitive, hyperbolic nonsense. One must remember that a poorly worded joke is to be reacted to with a "FIRESTORM" Only the most outraged shall garner the most likes. Pathetic.

In reality, what he said was in effect - If you're African American, it's not really likely you're backing a White Nationalist for president.
Which is born out in the data with Biden leading Trump by like 85 points or something with black voters.

But sure, he is a horrible racist that doesn't care about black voters and has appropriated blackness for himself. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

i'm honestly shocked we haven't had a drive-by "this proves i'm right about the DeMoCrAt PlAnTaTiOn!!" post from you-know-who yet.

i'm honestly shocked we haven't had a drive-by "this proves i'm right about the DeMoCrAt PlAnTaTiOn!!" post from you-know-who yet.
42i499.jpg

Everyone on the left apologizes constantly - for what they did, thought, didn't do, didn't think, say or didn't say and so on. Meanwhile the Republicans are like Fuck Off and nobody gives a shit.

Everyone on the left apologizes constantly - for what they did, thought, didn't do, didn't think, say or didn't say and so on. Meanwhile the Republicans are like Fuck Off and nobody gives a shit.

Well I hope Biden doesn’t apologize for just a dumb foot in mouth comment, but I would also prefer he keeps his foot out of his mouth.

Well I hope Biden doesn’t apologize for just a dumb foot in mouth comment, but I would also prefer he keeps his foot out of his mouth.

The less he says in public, the better.

Frankly this pandemic is actually helping him in the sense that he's been able to keep a low profile while Trump makes an idiot of himself on TV daily. And while most of the time you want the publicity, keeping a low profile with most of the country forgetting you exist is far preferable to the war on Hillary Clinton that we've had to endure for 3 decades.

The less he says in public, the better.

Frankly this pandemic is actually helping him in the sense that he's been able to keep a low profile while Trump makes an idiot of himself on TV daily. And while most of the time you want the publicity, keeping a low profile with most of the country forgetting you exist is far preferable to the war on Hillary Clinton that we've had to endure for 3 decades.

Yes. People were complaining about Hillary -/ the stay at home and bake cookies — when I was in 8th grade.

Which was a long time ago.

He already apologized like 4 hours ago. Says he was sorry for being so cavalier with his comment and that no ones political standing should be characterized by their race, gender or religion.

Update: Here is his actual quote - made on a call with black business leaders later in the day,

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1263917870645481473

Last edited:
Really no need for anyone to have Biden as the hill they want to die on. You can vote for someone and still think they're awful, the left have been doing this forever.

Yeah, he should stick to talking about bloodlines and very fine people

Or state that while Cuba was very oppressive to its own people, they could at least read

Nothing wrong with what Bernie said on Cuba, he has certainly been more nuanced on the topic than any other American politician. Such a comment should not be considered controversial in this day and age.

Last edited:
[tweet]1264009998599884800[/tweet]

Biden's got to convince people to vote for him who would otherwise not vote. Democrats still don't understand that Trump has a shitload of ammunition to discourage people from putting forth the effort. Biden cut off a question about what he's going to do for the black community to say something about choosing between Biden and Trump. That's not the calculus, though.

Biden has a long history of empty promises and outright lies. He has a long history of having minorities and poor people be the first at the chopping block when it comes to "compromise." He's in a very precarious position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom