US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Right. You’re sitting on the bombshell evidence of photographic proof he’s a pedophile, but he’s somehow managed to skate by 4 decades in public service because... the media hates a big story? Oh no wait! It’s because the librul media is all secretly in on a pedophile cabal that all the powerful libs take part in, right? #pizzagatewasreal

Right.
Seriously. That only happens at Penn State.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 AM   #442
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Please don’t make me post the pictures of him rubbing little girls down the front of their shirts, kissing them, not “like your Grandpa” does, Jeff Sessions literally pulling his grandchild away from Joe Biden, putting his hand around their waist........I’m not even TALKING about the weird sniffing and shoulder rubs.

You’re a disgrace for blowing this off, as are the rest of you. If anyone did this to my children, I’d call the police. I understand that much of the left has a REAL problem with acknowledging the pedo behavior of famous libs, if this is “progressive love” or some weirdness, we don’t want it.

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!
Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Seriously, I don't want to hear a goddamn peep from any Trump supporters* on this topic. Not a single word. You've all already made it abundantly clear how low you were willing to let your bar go on this issue, so you all need to shut up and sit down and let everyone else do the talking on this one.

*Yeah, yeah, I know, we've got one guy here who's an "independent conservative", blah, blah. The above comments still stand.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:26 PM
The pedo thing and the right wing is really quite amazing. I go to a few trashy Hollywood gossip sites, which are fun, but there is a strong right wing Trump contingent in the comments, and they are convinced that Hollywood is basically a massive sex abuse scheme, like the Catholic Church or something. They are *obsessed* with it, and they are particularly obsessed with trying everyone they can, especially the biggest of the biggest, to it. I guess it’s kind of a way of justifying your hatred? Or of claiming the moral high ground no matter what — kind of like screaming “baby killer” at people?

Gzus, do explain your obsession and the obsession of other independent conservatives with this subject. Surely, few of us can think of a worse thing to be. Is it because it’s necessary to explain away your congestive dissonance when you defend the indefensible (Trump)? Like, sure Trump May have assaulted dozens of women’s d raped a few more and wished he could have dated his daughter, but Joe Biden is a pedophile because I saw a picture once?

Is that how it works?


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7358686.html
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 01:33 AM   #444
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Please don’t make me post the pictures of him rubbing little girls down the front of their shirts, kissing them, not “like your Grandpa” does, Jeff Sessions literally pulling his grandchild away from Joe Biden, putting his hand around their waist........I’m not even TALKING about the weird sniffing and shoulder rubs.

You’re a disgrace for blowing this off, as are the rest of you. If anyone did this to my children, I’d call the police. I understand that much of the left has a REAL problem with acknowledging the pedo behavior of famous libs, if this is “progressive love” or some weirdness, we don’t want it.

THEY ARE CHILDREN!!!!!


Stop getting your news from memes!!!
BVS is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 03:13 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Wasn't there a story about a woman who, back in 2016, was talking about going public with her claims that Trump had raped her or something when she was a young girl, but then she got a shitton of death threats and whatnot from his supporters and that story wound up not going anywhere/essentially getting drowned out by all the other craziness in the news?

And let's not forget about the stories of Trump walking into the dressing rooms at teen pageants.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 07:20 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,081
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Wasn't there a story about a woman who, back in 2016, was talking about going public with her claims that Trump had raped her or something when she was a young girl, but then she got a shitton of death threats and whatnot from his supporters and that story wound up not going anywhere/essentially getting drowned out by all the other craziness in the news?

And let's not forget about the stories of Trump walking into the dressing rooms at teen pageants.
Yes. Katie Johnson. And it was related to the Epstein case.
mikal is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #447
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Hey. Did you guys know that Donald Trump has been treated even worse than Lincoln? It’s true. The press is just SO MUCH meaner to him, and it’s totally unfair. So many reporters with nasty, disgraceful questions about the 10s of 1000s of dead Americans piling up.

I know this because he said this while sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial while pointing at the statue to let us know how much easier it was for Lincoln.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #448
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,064
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Hey. Did you guys know that Donald Trump has been treated even worse than Lincoln? .
Worse than a bullet to the back of the head, eh Donald?
Hewson is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #449
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Poor Donnie, let's hold a Zoom pity party. Classic narcissistic perpetual victimhood. Plus it works with the base, they just love to feel sorry for him.

I was channel surfing this morning and Fox and Friends claims Ronan Farrow is working on the Tara Reade/Joe Biden story. I don't trust that show as a source, but I do trust Ronan's reporting skills. So I hope that's true.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #450
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Concrete Abe is fed up too


Click image for larger version

Name:	EXId9f_UEAAfEz8.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	12484
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #451
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Concrete Abe is fed up too


Attachment 12484
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #452
War Child
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 939
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Jerry Dunk is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
How do you not see your total hypocrisy and bias here?

I’m not going to go point for point with your explosive posts. Your most recent post is condescending as fuck. Some of the shit you say to me in there is offensive, but for “reading comprehension’s” sake, I’ve made my stance clear that I can’t and won’t draw a conclusion given the evidence put forward. You’re attempting to strong arm your way through this by claiming privilege of knowing how someone else feels and how they should behave, and spewing political bias in your posts. Oh, and you have a well documented history of spewing the bias.

There are many reasons to discredit the story, and there isn’t a history of Joe Biden being a sexual predator. There aren’t multiple claims against him. True or false, there’s not much you can tangibly do with this accusation, much like with Ford’s. It absolutely is comparable.

Your rhetoric of harsh condemnation of someone’s feelings which are not your own is inappropriate. You are not her. She might very well be a liar, but you don’t know that, and you can say whatever you want, but your biases are clearly doing the talking.
I'm sorry if you felt that me saying you having a lack of reading comprehension was condescending. But if its not that, then you are dismissing a huge amount of evidence and using that mind-frame to then twist my words into something that I'm not saying. You are picking out phrases, and then not actually taking in my explanation.

I'm not sure how you don't think it's condescending to call something I wrote "disgusting" or that me, as a survivor and person that has spent time listening to dozens of other survivors, is someone you can tell has no idea about victims of assault.

So this is your highlighted post of mine:

I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on...
...Hell, Trump had wracked up 18 or so accusers by the end of 2016, a year before MeToo had taken off...


Is it not true that Trump had over a dozen accusations in 2016? MeToo came about (in it's current form) in October of 2017.

Reade claims that she submitted a report to the Senate office in 1993. One way her voice could have been heard, if a claim was actually made.

I'm not sure how you find fault in this statement. Isn't this the whole issue right now? Is there actually a report that was filed or not?

She claims the subject of going to the police came up, That was another way her voice could have been heard.


You act as though I'm pulling things out of the air. I'm only stating the options that she claimed to have thought about. As I then explained, the police may or may not have done anything with her claim. And as I've also said, if she decided not to go to the police or the press, then that's ok. It doesn't negate the fact that it was an option, and in no way am I inferring that it would have been effective.

She claims that the subject of going to the press came up, but didn't want to "out of respect" for the Senator in question. (You know, we all have the utmost respect for the person that sexually assaulted us).

I'm not sure why this shocks you so much. If you think that people that have been raped go around saying they have respect for their rapist, then sure, you go ahead and think that. If you think they go on Twitter and praise them and say "they speak the truth". That's your prerogative. Not something I've ever seen. The closest are very mixed and torn feeling about abuse from a family member.

Sounds again, much more in line with her "feeling uncomfortable" story. yet another way her voice could have been heard.


Addressed this above.

So her voice was heard. Unfortunately, as my lengthy post, and the article I posted yesterday lay out in great detail. Her "voice" has been an inconsistent mess.

You leave out the part where the "her voice was heard" is in relation to her doing a Newspaper interview and the podcast.
Was her voice not heard from these? We are currently having this discussion precisely because her voice was heard. But I guess these don't add up as "facts" to you.

She made her voice heard on twitter for 2 years with praise and likes for Biden. Then, suddenly as he was entering the race (against her guy Bernie)

Again, facts. The twitter posts and likes are there. Not my bias, not my conjecture. They are there, plain to see.
And was she not a strong Bernie supporter? Did she not go on a pro-Bernie podcast to make her latest claim? Again, if you can dispute that then please enlighten me.

I would never discount anyone's story because the length of time it took for them to come forward. That's pretty standard. But I absolutely would be suspicious if a changing story came out at a particular time that lined up with the accuser's known motives.

Again, not sure how this statement is shocking or disgusting to you. I know the majority of abuse victims take a long time to come forward. But they have one searing, concrete story that lives with them forever.
We know the facts here. Her story has changed. We know she had political stances that would be motive. That motive could be dismissed and I would normally not put that in the mix. BUT, then come the Twitter posts again. Multiple posts of her saying -
"Timing is everything. Tic Toc..." "It's all about timing. Tic Toc..."

And then after those posts, you get a newspaper interview about her feeling uncomfortable and harassed the SAME WEEK that Biden announced he was running.

And then, she does the podcast interview with new, wildly different claims right after Super Tuesday


You say you want facts. Facts have been given. You talk about "reasonable doubt". Well in a court of law, both facts are presented and circumstantial evidence is presented. Sometimes cases are only built on circumstantial evidence. The jury is asked to use their judgement and common sense to come to a decision.

So my question is - Can you point to anything in all of the facts and circumstantial evidence so far that you find supports Reade's claims of sexual assault? Not feeling uncomfortable, or that she was having problems in the workplace.

Next - What evidence would make up your mind on the matter, one way or the other?

Next - If this were in court, and you were a juror, what would you vote to do with the information we know now? What would you decide if there is no report? What if there is a report and it just says she felt that she was being treated poorly in the office due to sexism? Or that she felt she was uncomfortable with certain physical contact with Biden?

Facts we know:

Has her story changed - yes

Does she have a history of telling multiple stories about why she left DC - yes

Did she say she told people about the incident, but when asked have said that she didn't tell them - yes

Did she change her story of what was on the alleged complaint - yes

Did she post and like positive thing on Twitter for almost 2 years - yes

Did her brother's story about what was told to him change - yes

Do any of the over 24 staff members in the Senate office remember her making any claims of any kind about harassment or assault - No


Circumstantial:

Does she have a history of lying and exaggerating about other events and people in her life - yes

Does she have political bias or motive - yes

Did she threaten multiple times to drop a story that would harm a politician that ran counter to her political standing - yes

Have there been claims of her lying, stealing, defrauding in her past - yes (although these are just claims, and may not be true)

Does Reade have any witnesses that can corroborate her claim that her "life was shattered" and she "went into a downward spiral" - Not as of yet

Does the general area that she said the incident took place seem plausible - Not really, possible sure

Was there a strict dress-code for Senate employees at the time that would have made the incident nearly impossible - yes

Have multiple news agencies investigated this story in depth and found any verifiable evidence either way? None so far.

Has the accused ever had any other rape clam made against him - No

Was the accused stringently vetted for earlier political positions - yes

Is the accused being cooperative with there being an investigation into the claim - yes

Does the accused have a history of unwanted hugging, touching, kissing - yes


So I guess my larger point here is that from what has come out so far, I believe there is reasonable doubt to the allegation. Could it have happened? Yes. Is it likely from what we have seen so far? Not in my opinion.

I apologize if I came off condescending and if I have let my bias speak more than the facts. Which is why I'm trying to just list out all the evidence that we know so far and make my judgement from that.
The truth is when the story first hit, I believed her. I figured that it was possible with Biden's history of handsiness. But i took a lot of time to gather facts and circumstantial evidence because I still felt that it seemed out of character for what I have seen from Biden over the years. And so far, the evidence doesn't look good for Reade from what I've seen.
Yes, it's my opinion. I'm not stating 100%, and I apologize if I have given that impression.
womanfish is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
While Biden is 100% wrong on this (and his entire notion of still being able to work in a bipartisan manner with this class of Republicans), how is THAT your takeaway from the horrific statistic? I mean of all the things and criminality to be discussing, the real problem is what Joe Biden said 5 weeks ago?

No wonder the Republicans always win.
anitram is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:26 PM
some good news. it seems the party that gets elected because they hate government because they say it doesn't work finds themselves in a situation when there's a problem that can only be addressed when government actually works, and it only works when people who believe government can work are elected.


Quote:
Poll: Ernst lead evaporates in Iowa Senate race

The Senate race in Iowa is tightening, according to a new poll that shows Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-Iowa) lead over her likely Democratic opponent, Theresa Greenfield, narrowing to just 1 point.

The survey from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows Ernst leading Greenfield, 43 percent to 42 percent. That suggests a significantly closer race than a previous poll conducted by the firm in December that found Ernst ahead of Greenfield by a 6-point margin.

The poll also shows Ernst’s approval rating in her home state is underwater. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said they approve of the job she’s doing in office compared to 43 percent who disapprove.

That’s a marked change from the December survey, which showed Ernst’s approval at 45 percent and her disapproval at 43 percent.

Ernst’s seat isn’t among Democrats’ four core targets that they see as particularly crucial to recapturing a majority in the Senate. The party is focused primarily on flipping Republican-held seats in Arizona, Colorado, Maine and North Carolina.

But Democrats also believe that Iowa has the potential to swing in their favor, citing Greenfield’s relatively strong early fundraising numbers and a March Des Moines Register poll that showed Ernst’s approval rating at 47 percent, down 10 points from where it was a year prior.

Still, flipping Ernst’s seat is likely to be an uphill battle for Democrats. Ernst raised about $2.7 million in the first quarter of 2020, while Greenfield pulled in about $2.25 million. And the Iowa Republican has a nearly $3 million cash-on-hand advantage over Greenfield as of the end of March.

What’s more, the Des Moines Register poll from March showed that Greenfield and the four other Democrats vying for their party’s nomination to take on Ernst in November were unknown to at least 70 percent of Iowans, meaning that the eventual nominee will likely have to invest heavily in building up name recognition.

The Des Moines Register poll also found that a plurality of likely Iowa voters — 41 percent — said they would vote to reelect Ernst.

Greenfield is the favorite to win the Senate primary on June 2. She has a wide fundraising advantage over her opponents, and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has already endorsed her bid for Ernst’s seat.

Public Policy Polling surveyed 1,222 Iowa voters from April 30 to May 1. It has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 03:10 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Iowa, the second Georgia seat, a lot of bad poll news for bad people.
anitram is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #457
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 09:26 PM
US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

“Democratic-leaning” doesn’t exactly give me a resounding warm and fuzzy feeling, but I guess it’s better than nothing.
phanan is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,064
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
“Democratic-leaning” doesn’t exactly give me a resounding warm and fuzzy feeling, but I guess it’s better than nothing.
Right, "we surveyed 1,222 registered democrats and found that they only favor the republican by 1%".
Hewson is online now  
Old 05-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #459
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 09:26 PM
On a different note>

Today 5/4 is the 50th Anniversary of Kent State.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young wrote a song about it called "Ohio" The National Guard killed 4 and injured a number of other students protesting against the Vietnam War at Kent State University.

While I've forgotten the actual date; I've never forgotten the event and this song.
Try to parse where I was - HS yes as a senior, just what time of day. It was a searing experience!
A few weeks later at Jackson State University black students protesting racism were also injured and killed by the National Guard.

(not sure this will embed, we'll see) I don't know why. Mobile phone issue? I've embedded on my tablet.

https://youtu.be/GI7-m919ynU
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #460
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 08:26 PM
I've been seeing a lot of ads for Theresa Greenfield here lately. I like what I've managed to read about her thus far, so if she can get Ernst out of here, that'd be wonderful.

Now if we could just get Steve King the fuck out of here, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yes. Katie Johnson. And it was related to the Epstein case.
Ahhhh, okay. That certainly explains it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Hey. Did you guys know that Donald Trump has been treated even worse than Lincoln? It’s true. The press is just SO MUCH meaner to him, and it’s totally unfair. So many reporters with nasty, disgraceful questions about the 10s of 1000s of dead Americans piling up.

I know this because he said this while sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial while pointing at the statue to let us know how much easier it was for Lincoln.
I would love it if Lincoln rose from the dead just to kick his whiny ass all over that memorial. For somebody who's all about fighting the "sensitive snowflakes" and is a supposed "bold leader", he sure loves to throw himself quite the pity party.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×