US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"They're trying to deprive him of his greatest asset, which is the fact that the American people love him, the fact that he's relatable, the fact that he can go out there and draw massive crowds. Joe Biden can't get 10 people in a room. My father's getting 50,000 in a room. And they wanna do everything they can to stop it.

“They’ll milk it every single day between now and November 3rd, and guess what, after November 3rd, coronavirus will magically all of a sudden go away and disappear and everyone will be about reopen,” says Mr Trump.

:lol: Oh, god, that's...that's rich.

Further proof of how the stupid really doesn't fall far from the tree.

PBS did a pretty intensive look at Tara Reade and her accusations.

The PBS NewsHour spoke with 74 former Biden staffers, of whom 62 were women, in order to get a broader picture of his behavior toward women over the course of his career, how they see the new allegation, and whether there was evidence of a larger pattern.

None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade. Former staffers said they believed Reade should be heard, and acknowledged that their experiences do not disprove her accusation.

In all, the NewsHour tried to contact nearly 200 former staffers of Biden’s, based primarily on public records of his time in the Senate and White House and also from interviews with current campaign advisers. They include former interns and senior aides, from his 1972 Senate campaign through his time at the White House.

Some are still in politics, others left long ago to pursue other careers. They were asked about Reade’s allegation but also whether they, or anyone they know, were ever uncomfortable around Biden. Many said that her sexual assault allegation was at odds with their knowledge of Biden’s behavior toward women.

The interviews revealed previously unreported details about the Biden office when Reade worked there, such as an account that she lost her job because of her poor performance, not as retaliation for lodging complaints about sexual harassment, as Reade has said.

Other recollections from former staffers corroborated things she has described publicly, such as Biden’s use of the Senate gym and a supervisor admonishing her for dressing inappropriately.

Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...-staffers-think-about-tara-reades-allegations

i'm feeling increasingly comfortable that it's time to move on.

PBS did a pretty intensive look at Tara Reade and her accusations.

i'm feeling increasingly comfortable that it's time to move on.

Agreed. And since the Trump campaign is now trying to connect with Ms Reade, then I guess PBS could always interview 70 women that have worked with Trump. But even Trump’s team has seemed to move on to ObamaGate and China.

If there are debates this fall, and an audience expect to see Ms Reade with front row seats.

Of course the blurb at the end that they are working on a 4th Matrix movie takes the wind out of the sails of her telling Musky and Daddy'd Date Her to Fuck Off.

Man the 3rd was terrible, why make a 4th.

They were all terrible. The first one was just a classic.

They were all terrible. The first one was just a classic.

the matrix is a bad movie that had some mindblowing effects and really hit the zeitgeist of the time.

it also very much helped that the DVD came bundled with every new IBM computer for like 3 years right when the PC market was exploding.

Last edited:
Agreed. And since the Trump campaign is now trying to connect with Ms Reade, then I guess PBS could always interview 70 women that have worked with Trump. But even Trump’s team has seemed to move on to ObamaGate and China.

I believe her two current lawyers are a guy from Sputnik and a large Trump donor. sigh

Bill Barr said that he doesn't expect any criminal charges against Obama or Biden for #obamagate

Trump fans are PISSED!

And Bill Barr has probably had his family threatened by Trump already and will change his mind shortly.

Sounds like it was more the arms sale to the Saudis

It was almost refreshing and maybe even a bit hopeful to have a garden variety Trump scandal of mendacity + incompetence, rather than the relentless drumbeat of COVID deaths.

It was almost refreshing and maybe even a bit hopeful to have a garden variety Trump scandal of mendacity + incompetence, rather than the relentless drumbeat of COVID deaths.

It's one of those stories where all you need to do is read the first sentence and you can immediately correctly guess the rest.

Classic Trump - all about the $.

Just a little update on state polling since it has been a little sparse lately

AZ - Biden +9 - only one recent poll
FL - From April 6th to May 15 Biden is averaging a +4 in FL
GA - From April 3rd to May 15th Trump is averaging just +2 in GA
MI - From April 3rd to April 30th Biden is averaging +8 in MI
NM - Biden +12 - one poll
NC - Between April 16th and May 15 - Biden +3
OH - Trump +2 - two polls
PA - From April 22nd to May 5th - Biden +6
SC - Trump +5 - two older polls
TX - Trump +2.5
WI - April 13th to May 12th - Biden +3

So if the election were today, and those polls reflected actual voting results:
Biden would win 333 to 204

Last edited:
This is pretty cool. Laid out in a very easy to view way. Thanks!

They also have some pages where they describe the details of which polls are included and how the results are combined if there's more than one poll. Plus, if you're really interested, I believe they also link to the raw data. (That said, I usually stick with the front page and all the news that is there)

As much as I despise Orange Jesus and hope he has a 6 by 6 room of steel bars in his future? Yea, I'm not ok with this. Hacking for ransom is a serious issue and will only get worse as we move forward.

It’s the biggest threat faced by medium and large businesses today. These people are terrorists.

As much as I despise Orange Jesus and hope he has a 6 by 6 room of steel bars in his future? Yea, I'm not ok with this. Hacking for ransom is a serious issue and will only get worse as we move forward.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not ok with a group hacking for ransom. Just interest peaked by a trove of dirt on trump.

Great! We won't have to be subjected to Ivanka anymore, she'll be too busy washing dishes while Jared negotiates world peace.

President Toddler at it again. Which is an insult to my toddler, who is a thoughtful and loving little girl.

President Donald Trump won't be unveiling former President Barack Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition, NBC News reported on Tuesday.

Obama would also not be interested in attending such an event, according to the report, which cited people familiar with the matter.

The White House and a representative for Obama did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Insider.

For decades, first-term presidents have held ceremonies in the East Room to unveil the portraits of their immediate predecessors. Obama did so for former President George W. Bush in 2012, for example.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-refusing-to-unveil-obama-portrait-at-the-white-house-2020-5

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1262875693815382017?s=21

The entire federal government is appointed with Trump minions.

Trump owns:
Executive
Judicial - Supreme + Federal Courts
Congress
DOJ/FBI
Intelligence
Etc Etc

I think there’s a reason why the GOP don’t seem to be too concerned with the polling numbers (and probably same back in late 2016), they know the game is rigged in their favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom